The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Aye

Don’t think the Stephen Glass thing is going to work, as well intentioned as it may have been

He’ll get the season, we’ll scrape top 6, not do anything in the cup and we’ll appoint someone else in the summer 

Ego trip from Dave gone badly wrong, shame 

At least Derek McInnes FC fans will be happy though 

I am genuinely struggling to see us in the top six. I was, and am, willing to give the Glass experiment the benefit of the doubt. But this really isn't going well.

0 wins and 2 draws in 7. The second half against Hearts aside, we rarely looked capable of scoring in any of those games. That October fixture list is the stuff of nightmares in this form.

16 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Aye

Don’t think the Stephen Glass thing is going to work, as well intentioned as it may have been

He’ll get the season, we’ll scrape top 6, not do anything in the cup and we’ll appoint someone else in the summer 

Ego trip from Dave gone badly wrong, shame 

At least Derek McInnes FC fans will be happy though 

We’ll scrape top 6?

Im not so sure.

By the end of October we’ll be about 9th.

Dont look like scoring, we have no pace, no creativity & we don’t keep clean sheets.

We are rotten 

Still think Glass should be given time and I desperately want him to succeed, but October's run of fixtures are giving me the fear now. 

Bates and Brown were quite good, but struggling for any positives beyond that. I thought Ramirez was absolutely hopeless, especially first half.  

Pretty much pinning all my hopes on Hedges and Watkins being able to rediscover their form from the beginning of last season now. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm starting suspect that a manager who had never actually managed a club, ever, before becoming Aberdeen boss may be finding the job too big for him. 

None of us could have seen this coming. 

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Still think Glass should be given time and I desperately want him to succeed, but October's run of fixtures are giving me the fear now. 

Bates and Brown were quite good, but struggling for any positives beyond that. I thought Ramirez was absolutely hopeless, especially first half.  

Pretty much pinning all my hopes on Hedges and Watkins being able to rediscover their form from the beginning of last season now. 

He will be given time as glass is very much cormacks project. I suspect it will take us being in real trouble for him to pull the trigger. October might change that complexion.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

He will be given time as glass is very much cormacks project. I suspect it will take us being in real trouble for him to pull the trigger. October might change that complexion.

Ab-so-loot-e-lee. 

Cormack....the man who believes he's footballing genius in appointing a mate who had never managed a club before.....has his personal credibility tied up in Glass. 

He's going to back him up to the point that we're 5 minutes away from relegation. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Ab-so-loot-e-lee. 

Cormack....the man who believes he's footballing genius in appointing a mate who had never managed a club before.....has his personal credibility tied up in Glass. 

He's going to back him up to the point that we're 5 minutes away from relegation. 

Not necessarily a judgement on glass himself but he was the new manager from before mcinnes was sacked. I don’t care what cormack says about process. 

He’s not going to pull the trigger lightly. Not that I’m even suggesting he should. 

Got to give Glass time to get it right, the squad needed major surgery in the summer and we need these players time to settle. It is a concern especially with the tough fixtures coming up. 

Can see the fans turning very quickly on the manager as under last management at worst we was 4th but today performance doesn't give us much hope of the top 6 never mind 4th.  

Not necessarily a judgement on glass himself but he was the new manager from before mcinnes was sacked. I don’t care what cormack says about process. 

Cormack actually had a straight face on that YouTube Q&A when he said there were eight candidates interviewed.

Glass was a fine player and is a likeable enough guy - I really want him to succeed, but this tanker needs to turn very quickly and the league fixtures are only becoming harder over the coming weeks.

Hedges and Watkins being in the team and Gallagher not being in it may be his best hope.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Cormack actually had a straight face on that YouTube Q&A when he said there were eight candidates interviewed.

Glass was a fine player and is a likeable enough guy - I really want him to succeed, but this tanker needs to turn very quickly and the league fixtures are only becoming harder over the coming weeks.

Hedges and Watkins being in the team and Gallagher not being in it may be his best hope.

Glass c*nted it big time by putting no importance on the Raith Rovers game. 

A half-arsed team couldn't cope with the Rovers attacking twice, then Glass was forced to send on the 'A-team', ending up in Hedges getting yet another serious injury. 

On top of that, we exited the League cup....one of only 2 competitions we can realistically win...to a lower league side for the first time in a long time, and set in motion a run of dog turd performances that we have no indication of getting away from. 

It was a cracking day in Kirkcaldy. 

14 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Got to give Glass time to get it right, the squad needed major surgery in the summer and we need these players time to settle. It is a concern especially with the tough fixtures coming up. 

Can see the fans turning very quickly on the manager as under last management at worst we was 4th but today performance doesn't give us much hope of the top 6 never mind 4th.  

Far be it for me (and many others) to remind you that we said be careful what you wish for. Derek McInnes time had come and gone despite never finishing outside European places iirc. 

Many on here myself included said you may end up appointing a worse Manager and end up back in the bottom 6.

Early day as and with the squad you have that should never happen but…….so far so true. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, welldaft said:

Far be it for me (and many others) to remind you that we said be careful what you wish for. Derek McInnes time had come and gone despite never finishing outside European places iirc. 

Many on here myself included said you may end up appointing a worse Manager and end up back in the bottom 6.

Early day as and with the squad you have that should never happen but…….so far so true. 

Wow. You're incredibly perceptive my steelman friend. 

Absolutely no Dons fan predicted that could happen. 

Kudos. 

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Hold the phone, so managerial sackings/appointments come with risk? 

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I think McInnes did a great job for Aberdeen but the football in the last 2 seasons was dreadful and it was time for a change. The appointment of Glass was met with dismay from a lot of Aberdeen fans and although it is early days of the new season it is a major concern how things are going.