The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I like Hedges and there isn't any doubt that he has been one of our better players over the last 18 months, but he has done remarkably well to get a move to a team currently in the automatic promotion places in the Championship and in with a decent shout of promotion to the Premier League. 

Edited by DrewDon

That’s Hedges away 

I hope that Vicente isn’t his replacement, we should really be looking at another attacking player.

Puts a hell of a lot of pressure on him to hit the ground running if we’re not, especially since Watkins appears to be made of biscuits.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was just about to ask about him but I see from this thread he has been described as shite and horrendous.

Anything, anything positive about his time with you?

To be fair he played very little for us. He did look quick and direct in a way that got the fans excited but he looked to have little end product.

He also didn't track back and help enough which made our already pretty leaky defence even worse.

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I like Hedges and there isn't any doubt that he has been one of our better players over the last 18 months, but he has done remarkably well to get a move to a team currently in the automatically promotion places in the Championship and in with a decent shout of promotion to the Premier League. 

Aye, agreed.

Just read that the guy Broom turned us down. Surely won't be scrambling for a replacement as it was fairly certain that Hedges would be away.

200k for Hedges. Hopefully we have a replacement lined up this window.

Personally, I'd like to see Ramsay sold whilst the hype is still fresh. Doig is a great example of what can happen if you don't cash in. I'd take 5 million if offered. Would go a long way to helping Glass and co rebuild the squad and cover any further losses from Covid/future projects.

A player we reportedly paid up to 400k for shouldn't be a replacement for Hedges?

What I mean is that we still need another player in that position. I don’t want us pinning all our hopes on the new lad to create everything with Ojo on the other wing and Watkins on the treatment table. If we want to avoid performances like Tuesday night then we need get have some good attacking players in the side and not just cram the team full of centre mids.

I like Hedges and there isn't any doubt that he has been one of our better players over the last 18 months, but he has done remarkably well to get a move to a team currently in the automatic promotion places in the Championship and in with a decent shout of promotion to the Premier League. 

Agreed. Considering he couldn’t get a game in League 1 when he signed then he’s done well there.

19 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah I'd agree. He's a good player and I'd prefer we managed to keep him but I don't think we've ever gotten a good full season out of him so he's done well to get that move. First season he started well then seemed to fall way out of McInnes plans then last season he was unlucky with injuries and always seemed a bit fragile after that.

30 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was just about to ask about him but I see from this thread he has been described as shite and horrendous.

Anything, anything positive about his time with you?

Any opposition centre halves you don’t like? 

As his crosses will take their head off. 

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Will always remember him fondly for this late winner against Hearts

Brilliant atmosphere inside Pittodrie that day 

Always find it funny seeing Derek Ferguson being one of the fans going mental at the end. Kinda sad that he felt he had to justify it later on by saying he only did so as he thought it was Lewis that scored.

I hear people say this often, but I'm not sure how much I agree with it. I think the demands Glass places on full-backs going forward, especially the creative burden on them, means that they are more likely to look vulnerable defensively. I would be interested to see the underlying numbers rather than just relying on the eye test, but I have usually been impressed with Ramsay's one-on-one defending and especially his reading of the game, with the obvious caveat that he is still very much learning the game and mistakes are to be expected from time to time. 
Agree. He seems to win most 1 on 1s, but can be caught out positionally sometimes which is prob just an experience thing.