The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

The guy seems to have been terribly advised.

His agent and father are both wrecking the guy's career development. 

He's leaving St. Mirren, we're well aware of that but his agent has just completely sold him down the river time and time again in this window and made him look stupid as a result.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The guy seems to have been terribly advised.

It feels like almost every part of the "story" is an agent plant.

But the journalists seem to be quite happy to play along..........its almost like they profit from clicks

Wherever he ends up, there's now going to be that question of whether he actually wants to be there at all.

That's the downside of an agent who plays funny buggers on behalf of their clients. It's understandable wanting to reach for the best deal possible but it's got to be McGrath who has the final say and not be getting led down a path where he looks like a total mercenary as I genuinely believe the lad isn't.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

not be getting led down a path where he looks like a total mercenary as I genuinely believe the lad isn't.

If he remains at St M til til the summer kicking his heels though..............................

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

If he remains at St M til til the summer kicking his heels though..............................

If he does, he does and is the one thing that will remain out of his control.

If he signs a PCA with anyone the ball is then in our's and the buying club's court on that front.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Would rather get the other boy fae St Mirren, that scored the winner. Looks more lively, although I realise McGrath is a ROI international.

Good luck with that one - he's contracted to Wolves till 2024.

14 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Good luck with that one - he's contracted to Wolves till 2024.

So he’s not yours either.

wasn’t suggesting that we would sign him, just that would rather have him. McGrath hasn’t looked anything special in our games recently, although that’s maybe a good thing. Signed a few who have looked good against us and who have turned out to be horse (Jet etc.)

ps so was Samuels and he’s just signed for Inverness!

Edited by big al

5 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Gurr was pish, McGinn probably past it, don't think Samuels was ever going to cut it and Longstaff was also guff, Hedges the only one that will be a miss. Connor Barron has come back from his loan and Matty Kennedy is fit again, Polvara and Besuijen in, I wouldn't say we are significantly weaker, mostly deadwood gone and looking to the future. 

I do agree that we need another forward though, especially if Watkins is going to be out for much longer. We are a Ramirez injury away from JET as our number 9. 

I'd agree with that, just going by what's been posted on here and match threads, rather than from personal experience of watching them!

1 minute ago, big al said:

So he’s not yours either.

wasn’t suggesting that we would sign him, just that would rather have him. McGrath hasn’t looked anything special in our games recently, although that’s maybe a good thing. Signed a few who have looked good against us and who have turned out to be horse (Jet etc.)

McGrath had your £50 billion rated Ramsay in his back pocket in your defeat in Paisley. 

If McGrath had decided to sign for you lot, he would have been among the best players you have.

Not to worry, he's not signing.

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

McGrath had your £50 billion rated Ramsay in his back pocket in your defeat in Paisley. 

If McGrath had decided to sign for you lot, he would have been among the best players you have.

Not to worry, he's not signing.

The old back pocket line. What a load of pish.

Dreadful game where nobody shone. St Mirren had a bit more bite to them and no arguments about the result. Great finish for the goal, a rare bit of quality on that evening. 

Ramsay has just returned from a few months injured, in his first full season at 18 years of age. He has a bit to go to develop fully physically, and hasn’t got up to speed/form again yet. He also has a lot to learn defensively, hence my scepticism about McGrath as he failed to do much against such a weak defensive opponent.