The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I miss clangers, I knew who to blame back then.

Think Taylor and Reynolds are the new boo boys. I wouldn't dump Reynolds just yet, i think he has been dreadful this season but wonder if it is because he was in the Scotland squad and didn't get a look in during the summer which caused him to miss preseason. At least this time he will get 4 weeks off before they go back to preseason training. 

Edited by Milners

Aye,you're just half a team away from winning the league.

Squad size is a problem at Hearts the manager had nothing on the bench to change it so he must get a bigger squad with quality as the last transfer window was a disaster for Aberdeen. 

Edited by Milners

Think Taylor and Reynolds are the new boo boys. I wouldn't dump Reynolds just yet, i think he has been dreadful this season but wonder if it is because he was in the Scotland squad and didn't get a look in during the summer which caused him to miss preseason. At least this time he will get 4 weeks off before they go back to preseason training. 

Feel bad for both. Taylors epic series of disasters at ICT for example were a bit harsh on him tbf considering the perscution of Colum. And as for Reynolds, f**k knows, he was brilliant last season. 

Probably yes, it's just that McLean, for all his technical ability, has not scored or created enough for us thus far.

He's not been incredible but he's been decent, he has managed to make a Scotland debut and scored 8(?) goals, with a few assists. He certainly hasn't been bad enough for us to consider a replacement. Perhaps some extra competition but not a big name signing like Andreu would be. He's actually one of my favourite players in terms of his style of play, but I agree he can contribute a lot more.

An all round forward who can provide competition/cover for a central and wide positions could be an option.

The priority has to be centre midfield though. It's been shown that if you force play through the middle we're soft as shite, and can't create. I can't think of many in the Premiership who would be available (assuming Tansey is a no) so it's up to Derek to find one.

Keeper, centre half and centre mid a priority for me.

As mentioned above, midfield has crumbled too many times this season and Flood isn't as effective as he used to be.  Someone to do the ugly stuff and get a grip of the game when it is falling away from us.

Scott Brown is not good enough, no two ways about it.  I honestly don't think he's any better than Langfield and if he was to stick around a similar length of time to Langfield he'd be equally as criticised.

I think the introduction of a new keeper would probably help the centre halves at least from a confidence perspective, but I think Reynolds is finished unfortunately unless he can adapt his game to the yard of pace he's lost over the past wee while.

I still think there's hope for Ash Taylor but at times he does look very uncomfortable, however I think with the right partner in there he will improve.

He's not been incredible but he's been decent, he has managed to make a Scotland debut and scored 8(?) goals, with a few assists. He certainly hasn't been bad enough for us to consider a replacement. Perhaps some extra competition but not a big name signing like Andreu would be. He's actually one of my favourite players in terms of his style of play, but I agree he can contribute a lot more.

An all round forward who can provide competition/cover for a central and wide positions could be an option.

The priority has to be centre midfield though. It's been shown that if you force play through the middle we're soft as shite, and can't create. I can't think of many in the Premiership who would be available (assuming Tansey is a no) so it's up to Derek to find one.

I must clarify, I'm not for a minute saying McLean needs replaced. He actually surprised me earlier in the season and did very well in centre mid and if we moved him back it would free up someone a bit more mobile and creative in that position behind the striker. Whether or not centre mid is a position that McLean sees his future in though, I'm not sure.

What I think is we definitely need more goals from midfield. If you look at Celtic, Biton has 8. I don't think Jack, Flood, Robson & Storie have one between them. The problem we've got is that if we were to play McLean centre mid alongside Jack, it just isn't dominant enough and leads to the problems that have been prevalent throughout the season. As such it does seem that signing a 'number 10' would cause some problems. 

Feel bad for both. Taylors epic series of disasters at ICT for example were a bit harsh on him tbf considering the perscution of Colum. And as for Reynolds, f**k knows, he was brilliant last season. 

Should also mention Jack will be the new local lad to get booed! He has been dreadful this season and hopefully our manager will take away the captain armband at the end of the season for Jack to concentrate on his game. 

Edited by Milners

Should also mention Jack will be the new local lad to get booed! He has been dreadful this season and hopefully our manager will take away the captain armband at the end of the season for Jack to concentrate on his game. 

I'm 99% certain the abuse Jack gets is due to his Rangers leanings. I have it on good authority that Shinnie is also of a Rangers persuasion, yet he's been branded as one of our own. People seem to forget that Jack is still a good player, we were desperate for him to sign on but unfortunately his stock has fallen this year. Hopefully it can be put down as a bad season and we can move on. I think the captain thing is overstated a wee bit, too. Couldn't we say that Jack captained us to an 8 game winning streak at the start of the season? 

FWIW I do think Shinnie should be captain, but it really isn't a big deal. Leadership is what's important.

There just seems to be something about Reynolds that isn't quite the same. He was at his best with Anderson playing alongside him.

I think Taylor gets a hard time - yes he's prone to errors, but he's had more good games than bad ones this year and is too often a scapegoat during bad results.

Top priorities in the summer should be a keeper, a commanding central midfielder, a striker and another defender to increase competition for places. We're also looking at needing a RB if Logan leaves.

Absolutely agree that Shinnie should be captain next season.

I'm 99% certain the abuse Jack gets is due to his Rangers leanings. I have it on good authority that Shinnie is also of a Rangers persuasion, yet he's been branded as one of our own. People seem to forget that Jack is still a good player, we were desperate for him to sign on but unfortunately his stock has fallen this year. Hopefully it can be put down as a bad season and we can move on. I think the captain thing is overstated a wee bit, too. Couldn't we say that Jack captained us to an 8 game winning streak at the start of the season? 

FWIW I do think Shinnie should be captain, but it really isn't a big deal. Leadership is what's important.

If Jack gets abuse for being a ***, why doesn't Shinnie? Everyone knows he's a *** and he gets on fine because he's a very good player.

If Jack gets abuse for being a ***, why doesn't Shinnie? Everyone knows he's a *** and he gets on fine because he's a very good player.

Because Jack isn't playing well and Shinnie is. I don't know where you tend to sit at Pittodrie but the amount of '*** c**t' shit I've heard is ridiculous whenever Jack does something that fans don't approve of. I feel you guys underestimate how much some sections of the Aberdeen support hate Rangers  :lol:

Edited by Alex_14

Because Jack isn't playing well and Shinnie is. I don't know where you tend to sit at Pittodrie but the amount of '*** c**t' shit I've heard is ridiculous whenever Jack does something that fans don't approve of. I feel you guys underestimate how much some sections of the Aberdeen support hate Rangers  :lol:

He gets abuse for being shite, the *** stuff is just incidental.

Fair enough. Do you really think he's shite, or do you just think he's had a shite season? 

I think there's a very good player in there, but he's not shown it since his injury at Tynecastle in September.

Because Jack isn't playing well and Shinnie is. I don't know where you tend to sit at Pittodrie but the amount of '*** c**t' shit I've heard is ridiculous whenever Jack does something that fans don't approve of. I feel you guys underestimate how much some sections of the Aberdeen support hate Rangers :lol:

Just a reminder, our manager is Derek McInnes.

I don't think jacks *** leanings are the issue.

Him getting the captaincy at such a young age in circumstances which are interpreted as a sweetener to stay with the club I think have made him a focal point for criticism, some of it very justifiable, some of it very unfair.

I like jack a lot as a player and think he's actually under appreciated. Although granted he hasn't performed to his best this year. I think it may be best for him to hand over the captaincy as its creating a negativity between him and he support or he may decide to move on. I hope it's the former.