The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Excellent interview with Graeme Shinnie, reviewing the season and his time at Aberdeen thus far. You will need a RedTV membership to access the full version, which is 15 minutes in total. He is a class act. 

https://redtv.afc.co.uk/extratime/1444

Aye its a good interview - be interesting to compare the Jack interview to his interview.

Think for next season Graeme Shinnie should be captain as he is a winner and like what many think Jack form this season has been really disappointing which by the looks of it the captaincy has effected his game. 

Church has fairly contributed to the cause since he joined with 5 goals now.  I was sceptical of his record when we signed him but he has done well for us.

Any idea if Goodwillie has done anything of note in his time up in Dingwall?  Hopefully we can find a striker for next season who can take some of the goal scoring burden from Rooney.

Church has fairly contributed to the cause since he joined with 5 goals now. I was sceptical of his record when we signed him but he has done well for us.

Any idea if Goodwillie has done anything of note in his time up in Dingwall? Hopefully we can find a striker for next season who can take some of the goal scoring burden from Rooney.

5 goals in 9 is certainly a very respectable return. Beyond the goals his contribution has been fairly limited. But the same is also true of sir Rooney Lord of the 6 yard box.

By our leagues standards both these guys are instinctive and effective penalty box strikers but nae great technicians elsewhere on the pitch.

Unfortunately for Goodwillie, goals win games and get the headlines - fancy flicks and neat touches at the half way line don't.

What's the story with Rogers? Is he going to be first choice next term? He's had a couple of good performances in high profile games, is he up to being our No1?

Is there any hope of getting Ward back? I don't think he's got a game for Liverpool firsts since he returned to Liverpool. I can't help thinking what might have been if we had kept hold of him and got Tansey in January.

In terms of signings for next year, what do we need?

Battling centre mid

Commanding centre half

A versatile defender for cover

Another winger

Another striker

Is that asking too much? It also assumes that Rogers does come in and plays well.

Aye,you're just half a team away from winning the league.

McInnes must have good reason for not giving Collin a shot by now, especially in the wake of the Motherwell game; I was quite surprised he didn't start against Hamilton. I'm not as negative about Brown as some, and he earned his place on merit after some impressive initial displays immediately following Ward's departure, but it's becoming tougher and tougher to argue for him now. 

If Collin doesn't start our first game after the split, then we'll probably be left to conclude that he's no better than Brown, and hence not really good enough. 

In terms of signings for next year, what do we need?

Battling centre mid

Commanding centre half

A versatile defender for cover

Another winger

Another striker

Is that asking too much? It also assumes that Rogers does come in and plays well.

I think the battling CM spot is Storie. He looks good and will improve as he plays more. I think we need a creative playmaker who can dictate play from deep. Greg Tansey.

For Sure a new starting Centre Half, who can play RB would improve the defence and give us cover.

Need Logan to stay. Not a chance of replacing him with anyone as good.

Winger, Amoo is a free agent in the Summer, he's looked very good anytime I have seen him. Could be an impact sub and with the versatility of Hayes, cover for several positions.

Striker, Church has one year left on his MK Dons contract. He is obviously not fancied down there. It's possible we could get him for next season. Goodwillie salary will be freed up, no idea how much that would be though.