The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Lewis should be a good signing. I'm not convinced by Rogers as number one so it's good to get him on board. Signing Alexander as well can allow Rogers to go out on loan, ideally to a lower Premiership club. 

Edited by lubo_blaha

Aberdeen will be lucky to finish in the top 4 this season. Hearts and Sevco will be miles ahead of you lot this season. Depending on their recruitment, wouldn't be surprised if Motherwell finished ahead of you aswell.

Aberdeen will be lucky to finish in the top 4 this season. Hearts and Sevco will be miles ahead of you lot this season. Depending on their recruitment, wouldn't be surprised if Motherwell finished ahead of you aswell.

really? Looking like this at the moment with another 2-3 signings on the way yet

Lewis

Logan Taylor Reynolds Shinnie

Jack McLean

Storey McGinn Hayes

Rooney

subs: Alexander, Considine, Morris, Pawlett, Smith, Flood, Stockley

others: Rogers, Storie, Shankland, McKenna

I actually think rangers may finish above you lot

Aberdeen very interested in Murray Davidson from St johnstone. Having just signed two year extension, it will cost them.

It seems that no top flight crocks are off the Aberdeen menu.

James McPake just had a bad injury if that piques your interest?

My preferred option as last season ended was for Danny Rogers to be #1. From what I'd seen and heard of his loan spells at Dumbarton and Falkirk, he'd improved and impressed sufficiently to earn the opportunity. However, if the Club doesn't believe he's fully ready to play regular first team football for us, I would rather he was playing and gaining more experience on loan elsewhere than occupying our bench. 

I don't know much at all about Joe Lewis. I've read some brief reviews from supporters of his previous clubs: decent shot-stopper who struggles to command his box appears to be a dominant theme. Fingers crossed that he proves to be a sound acquisition. 

Edited by DrewDon

:thumbsdown

Aberdeen very interested in Murray Davidson from St johnstone. Having just signed two year extension, it will cost them.

Hopefully this is some sort of sick joke. If he leaves, I could imagine Tommy turning to Paul Paton as his replacement in the starting line-up. Depressing.

Maybe the 'Peter Pawlett to Saints' rumour is linked to this in some way?

Feeling a bit better after the two goalkeeper signings. Joe Lewis was highly rated at one stage so would imagine there's something there quality wise. However, if he turns out not so great, Neil Alexander is a very able goalkeeper who is pretty reliable. One of the few goalkeepers who looks generally pretty steady at this level, with Livingston, the Old Rangers and Hearts. Will also have a pretty good influence on young Robbie Mutch. A man who has played in England, a Europa League final and has Scotland caps.

Not overly sure on Callum Morris but there we go. Hopefully turns out to be better than Quinn positionally.

The centre of midfield still needs addressing, and addressing with a man of bigger stature.

If we are to loan Rogers and Smith out, would prefer they both found lower end Premiership gigs, so that they can be challenged at the right level. If they are to go to the Championship, then Dundee United, Hibernian or Falkirk would all be good options.