The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Goodwin won't get away with many of these. 

Yet to be convinced Stewart is any better than Ash Taylor.

Kennedy needs chucked.

Ash Taylor is a far better defender, only thing Stewart is better at is reading the game.

Wonder if Goodwin's "you're free to go" chats had some unexpected consequences.

3 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

Ash Taylor is a far better defender, only thing Stewart is better at is reading the game.

Wonder if Goodwin's "you're free to go" chats had some unexpected consequences.

Wouldn't think so.

Just a very poor performance. It happens. The manner of the goals were worrying. First one Richardson slipped. Can't account for that. The defending for the others was terrible.

Stewart takes an absolute age on the ball. So many decent passing options disappear when he's in possession. Teams have this sussed already.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Goodwin won't get away with many of these. 

Yet to be convinced Stewart is any better than Ash Taylor.

Kennedy needs chucked.

Too many fans were duped by Kennedy’s performances against the cannon fodder of the League Cup.

It takes a special player to injure his hamstring booting a free kick into the top tier of the RDS.

He’s not good enough. 

Early days but I’m questioning some of the recruitment & fees paid.

Duk looks a bit of a headless chicken (is he Austin Samuels?). 
Richardson doesn’t look like a £300k full back. 

1 hour ago, Jim Main said:

Aye Stewart takes a fucking age to do anything. But there was a lethargy and lack of clarity with all our passing today. 
I hope that was just a bad day..

Ramadani had an absolute nightmare today with his passing. 
He was in good company though. 
We made a shite Motherwell team look semi-competent, which is some achievement 

Aye Stewart was far too casual when the ball was at or near his feet today. He was lucky Motherwell didn’t punish us on several occasions.

An almost entirely new squad was never going to gel or click immediately. But the first goal aside, there was very little cohesion or structure to anything we tried today on the few occasions we had stable possession of the ball. We were completely outfought, outthought, and outplayed in every area of the pitch. Bit of a worry even this early on.

A home defeat always has potential to snowball if you have a tricky away tie up next. A trip to St Johnstone is pretty decent for Goodwin.

I don't doubt Jim Goodwin is genuine and managing in the way he would like to be managed (i.e direct) but it can come across as ruthless and doesn't leave huge room if he goes through a bit of a rough spot as he has changed things very quickly to suit his vision.

I didn’t get over excited with st Mirren and I’m not getting over excited about today. Nothing short of a disgraceful performance though. The defending gave me some PTSD from last season tbh. 

I like Goodwin but he’s not got many performances like that in the bank. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yup

Dare I say he needs to win his next 4 games before the Sevco game 

Soundbites are great but there isn’t a lot of credit in the bank and the knives will be out if we get a few more performances/results like that today 

He also needs a good early cup run to keep the wolves away from the door 

It was a concerning performance, to be honest. Without wanting to be too negative, there wasn't really anything about today that I liked. We looked nervous in possession from basically the first kick, guilty of being both too slow (Stewart and Ramadani particularly culpable) and too imprecise. Then, when we lost the ball, Motherwell found it far too easy to get behind and through us. Hayes' goal should have been a turning point and the moment that we begun to take control of the game, but we were still as haphazard as the first half.

I am hoping that some of it can be attributed to the players just getting to know each other, though. There was a moment in the first half where we lost possession and immediately tried to press onto Motherwell, but Richardson was standing about ten yards too deep and they were able to work their way out of it. Ramadani gave Richardson an earful for it, and that is the sort of thing you have to hope will be ironed out with time. 

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yup

Dare I say he needs to win his next 4 games before the Sevco game 

Soundbites are great but there isn’t a lot of credit in the bank and the knives will be out if we get a few more performances/results like that today 

He also needs a good early cup run to keep the wolves away from the door 

Our plan last week was to let you win so you have to suffer the rest of the season being bored out your tits as punishment for winning the Cup Winners Cup in '83 that trophy would have been ours had Sir Alex stayed 

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I didn’t get over excited with st Mirren and I’m not getting over excited about today. Nothing short of a disgraceful performance though. The defending gave me some PTSD from last season tbh. 

I liked Goodwin too.

However, he survived with us, by the skin of his teeth, as he was a St.Mirren legend.

He doesn't have that luxury with you lot.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I got excited after St Mirren as I saw those type of performances in the league cup but wasn't sure if it was due to lower league opposition. 

Saturday game was the complete opposite with so many players not at it. Not going to be too hard on them yet as I'm hoping this was a rare bad performance.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

I got excited after St Mirren as I saw those type of performances in the league cup but wasn't sure if it was due to lower league opposition. 

Saturday game was the complete opposite with so many players not at it. Not going to be too hard on them yet as I'm hoping this was a rare bad performance.

200.gif

7 hours ago, betting competition said:

Discounting the matches against lower league opposition, we showed nothing at Celtic Park and beat a ten man St Mirren team.

Therefore, we have no evidence thus far that we just had an 'off day'.

There's an argument to say Goodwin got his team wrong with McCrorie in defence.

The jury is still out on the keeper.

Stewart is too slow and distribution only good enough for the simple ball. Teams are going to allow him time on the ball.

Richardson can't defend although does well enough going forward.

Scales is not a left back but our manager played him there today out of choice not necessity!

Clarkson looked like the inexperienced boy he is today.

Ramadani was awful, slow and ponderous. That step overs before falling over himself summed up his day.

Lots of effort from Duk but is there any quality there?

Morris didn't have any good show anything positive today.

McKenzie still doesn't look good enough.