The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

23 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Random pub debate tonight 

Is Charlie Nicholas an Aberdeen legend?

Discuss

Not in my book. 

I don't have any criteria or anything. It's entirely subjective and i just can't associate him with legendary status in my mind.  

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Well that’s the debate ken fit like 

I’ve never really considered Brian Grant or Bobby Connor as legends but maybe others do 

I don't think we should diminish legendary status to include good servants like Grant and Connor or brief dalliances like Nicholas.

Alex McLeish is a legend but unfortunately, it pains me to say that now.

His post-playing career outward display of allegiances has been such a disappointment. I understand it, given where he comes from, but will never accept it.

I thought he epitomised the Aberdeen team with his steely determination but then the dark forces came to the surface...😔

We should've made him manager instead of that knob Aitken and then maybe The Big Red would've stayed on message.

GTYuPsm.jpg.8e22b59343067fb944f11ff4d58600d1.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Listening to Levein and Preston, they regard Hearts as some kind of shoe-in to finish “at least 3rd” in the league.

It’s almost like the eight seasons before last never happened where that mob are concerned.

The challenge is there Goodwin.

Despite his spell with the Oldco, McLeish is still untainted in my eyes

We had an opportunity to bring him in from Hibs while Ebbe was manager but Milne bottled it and and he went to the dead club a few months later 

Alex McLeish is a diamond standard Aberdeen legend 

Edited by Frank Grimes

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Random pub debate tonight 

Is Charlie Nicholas an Aberdeen legend?

Discuss

He was a very exciting signing,  I still remember reading about his signing in the newspaper, was around Hogmanay / NY day,  it was a big deal,  for me anyway. I mind him flicking the ball over the head of an opponent with his shoulder,  then gathering the ball,  in a match v St Johnstone @ Murton Park,  total baller.  

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Listening to Levein and Preston, they regard Hearts as some kind of shoe-in to finish “at least 3rd” in the league.

It’s almost like the eight seasons before last never happened where that mob are concerned.

Exactly 

Even with Preston and Levein being Hearts supporters you would think they might see that. 

The 2 wins in 6 Hearts have this season are against a useless dundee utd and a fortuitous win against Ross County (who battered them first half hitting the woodwork twice)

I know games have fine margins often in this league but no way will Hearts get the free run at 3rd they did last season.

8 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Played in two Aberdeen cup final wins

History tells us that makes him a legend 

That team should have won more than 2 trophies. 

Charlie Nicholas is no where near a legend although was a good player. Jazza Bett now that is a legend in that time. I would put Brian Grant ahead of Charlie Nicholas which he was such an underrated player. 

Edited by betting competition

6 hours ago, tarapoa said:

The pundits was saying the same with Dundee United when they beat AZ. Hearts did look decent last night first half but I hope that playing on Thursday games will hinder them a bit as we noticed the last lot of seasons in Europe. 

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

That team should have won more than 2 trophies. 

Charlie Nicholas is no where near a legend although was a good player. Jazza Bett now that is a legend in that time. I would put Brian Grant ahead of Charlie Nicholas which he was such an underrated player. 

Aye, Jim Bett would be in my best Dons X1.

One of the “non Gothenburg” players to make it. 

I loved Charlie Nicholas when he played for us and remember the disbelief when he signed for us. He will forever have my admiration for the way he scored in the penalty shootout against Celtic when he knew that the next match he played would be for Celtic. But never a legend for us in a million years.