The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

They would probably have still been in with a shout if Messi had been born in Scotland.....

Just think, If messi was born in leith, he’d have had shit bleached hair and blown his big move to Celtic and be scraping a career by now. 

1 hour ago, Connor7 said:

Credit has to go to Robson for the recent run of results. It’s doing him a disservice to say he has been lucky that Duk is on a run of good form. 

If they get a result next week against Sevco, something that recent Aberdeen managers have struggled with.

It is extremely difficult for the Aberdeen board not to give him the gig at the end of the season…especially if 3rd spot is in the bag. 

The younger generation are saying that Duk is the best Aberdeen player they have watched.

26 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Not just opposing fans.

I've felt the same watching a few of the performances.

Sometimes a stodgy, shit looking, tactic is necessary to give an attacker freedom and its worth it?

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sometimes a stodgy, shit looking, tactic is necessary to give an attacker freedom and its worth it?

Yeah, it’s simplistic but it’s working and what was needed for this squad in the situation it was in. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

McCrorie also had scouts watching him from Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol City and WBA.

It would be great to move him on for a healthy sum in the summer as he's far from irreplaceable and it would also irritate the Sevco unwashed who still think the Wright/McCrorie was a good deal for them!!

I listened to Robson’s post match interview on Sky. I can’t remember his exact words but he said he’s instructed the players to get the ball up quickly from midfield to our forward players as opposition players can’t deal with it.

We are attacking with real pace at times and this has been evident last night, against Killie and United especially. 

It’s no fluke (fluk?) that Duk is playing well under Robson. We’re playing to his strengths and he’s thriving as a result.

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It would be great to move him on for a healthy sum in the summer as he's far from irreplaceable and it would also irritate the Sevco unwashed who still think the Wright/McCrorie was a good deal for them!!

I think he's been a good player for us overall and I would be sad to see him leave. I have confidence in Mowbray to source a decent replacement if McCorie is sold this summer. 2-3 million would be a fair price imo.

I'm leaning back towards us making Scales a permanent signings (along with MacDonald in the summer). Scales has been much improved since Robson took charge. 

59 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think he's been a good player for us overall and I would be sad to see him leave. I have confidence in Mowbray to source a decent replacement if McCorie is sold this summer. 2-3 million would be a fair price imo.

I'm leaning back towards us making Scales a permanent signings (along with MacDonald in the summer). Scales has been much improved since Robson took charge. 

No chance we’re getting £2m-£3m IMO.

if so, I’ll drive him wherever he wants. 

That would be a fantastic deal for the club. 

24 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No chance we’re getting £2m-£3m IMO.

if so, I’ll drive him wherever he wants. 

That would be a fantastic deal for the club. 

I'm basing that price tag off his current length of contract and age as well as there appears to be a host of teams after his signature.

Under Cormack, we have been considerably better at negotiating transfer terms that suit us. I believe we've brought in the highest transfer fees collectively over the past decade outside the the OF. It puts us in good stead for negotiating a higher transfer fee for McCrorie. I honestly think we could potentially receive around 2 million for him which would be brilliant business.

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I suppose if there is competing interests in the player then it might push the price up; however, I wasn't suggesting that we'd get over a £1 million for him. 

For his age, he doesn't have a wealth of experience (stayed at Sevco too long), he's done ok when the team are playing well and winning.

I actually believe that, from the player's point of view, he'd be better off staying at Aberdeen for at least another couple of seasons and building up that experience as he might struggle going down south again at this point in his career.

From the club's perspective, if we get a bid that meets (or, of course, betters) the club's valuation of him then we should move him out this summer.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm basing that price tag off his current length of contract and age as well as there appears to be a host of teams after his signature.

Under Cormack, we have been considerably better at negotiating transfer terms that suit us. I believe we've brought in the highest transfer fees collectively over the past decade outside the the OF. It puts us in good stead for negotiating a higher transfer fee for McCrorie. I honestly think we could potentially receive around 2 million for him which would be brilliant business.

As much as I think McCrorie is a decent player for us, I don’t think there’s a chance we’d get above £750k for him.

There is absolutely zero chance we’re getting £2-3m for what is essentially a 25-year old utility player. 

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Manager finds way to get best out a player.

Opposing fans - "the manager is lucky that player hit form"

Precisely. Duk was playing very well under Goodwin so I don’t think he’s had a dramatic uptick in form but Robson has found a way to use him more effectively.

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I suppose if there is competing interests in the player then it might push the price up; however, I wasn't suggesting that we'd get over a £1 million for him. 

For his age, he doesn't have a wealth of experience (stayed at Sevco too long), he's done ok when the team are playing well and winning.

I actually believe that, from the player's point of view, he'd be better off staying at Aberdeen for at least another couple of seasons and building up that experience as he might struggle going down south again at this point in his career.

From the club's perspective, if we get a bid that meets (or, of course, betters) the club's valuation of him then we should move him out this summer.

The problem with selling McCrorie is that we’d probably have to sign two players to replace his versatility in the squad.