The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Considine? We're certainly needing a centre half, but I've always, perhaps ignorantly, thought he was mediocre at best and prone to the odd catastrophe.

i really wouldnt like him going to Utd, he is exactly what you lot have been crying out for at CH,

i like Consi (I never used to) as a CH and i havent a clue how good or bad this new lad we have is, but we have had some utter dross CH's from the english lower leagues over recent years, i still pish uncontrolably at the memories of jerel b*****d ifil

I have no idea why, but for some reason up until 10 minutes ago, I never knew when Patrizio Billio left Dundee, he joined Aberdeen 12 or so year ago and played 10 games for you. What was he like for Aberdeen?

StandFree03, on 12 Jul 2014 - 00:21, said:

Honestly can't even remember it. We signed a lot of foreign duds in that era, most of them absolutely dreadful with the odd okay one thrown in.

Reason I'm asking is that he now works for A.C Milan as one of their youth coaches and he's attending the Man City game vs Dundee along with Silvio Broli as they are guests of one of our directors and in the article it was announced that he had played for Aberdeen after us.

I have no idea why, but for some reason up until 10 minutes ago, I never knew when Patrizio Billio left Dundee, he joined Aberdeen 12 or so year ago and played 10 games for you. What was he like for Aberdeen?

Honestly can't even remember it. We signed a lot of foreign duds in that era, most of them absolutely dreadful with the odd okay one thrown in.

From my memory he was bang average at best. However he had a penchant for Rowies with a cringeworthy feature in the Evening Express explaining his love for them. It's little wonder he got punted soon afterwards!

From my memory he was bang average at best. However he had a penchant for Rowies with a cringeworthy feature in the Evening Express explaining his love for them. It's little wonder he got punted soon afterwards!

Now I want a rowie.

I may be wrong but I was always brought up that rowies were the saltier, crunchier items, whereas butteries are more bready/spongy.

I've had butteries (part of my family come from Stonehaven) but never had a rowie. Your description of a buttery sound right, tasty things they are too but for the sake of your health you wouldn't want to have them every day.

According to Norman Harper , well-known North East Doric writer and humourist, the terms "rowie" and "buttery" are interchangeable -it's all a matter of geography -

"The only difference is geographic. Historically, “rowie” was the word used in Aberdeen, while “buttery” was the word used for the identical item in Aberdeenshire, Banffshire and Kincardine. Now that the population is more mobile, you’ll hear both terms used throughout the North-east. In all cases, both products are identical."

Here's a link to his article: http://www.stronach.co.uk/2012-01-05/rowies-or-butteries

Either way they are delicious and may go some way to explaining why Aberdeen have such a BIG support!

They are called Butteries, anything else is an abomination.

I was in Stockbridge in Redinburgh last week and I walked past a bakers. In the display at the window they had butteries (referred to as Aberdeen Morning Rolls). I got quite excited and considered going in to purchase some, however the sign above the butteries then caught my eye, it stated: 'Voted Scotland's best Rowies 2013'

How the f**k are the best butteries in Scotland made in fucking Edinburgh!? This would not happen in an independent Aberdeen. Shocking insult to an Aberdonian delicacy.

According to Norman Harper , well-known North East Doric writer and humourist, the terms "rowie" and "buttery" are interchangeable -it's all a matter of geography -

"The only difference is geographic. Historically, “rowie” was the word used in Aberdeen, while “buttery” was the word used for the identical item in Aberdeenshire, Banffshire and Kincardine. Now that the population is more mobile, you’ll hear both terms used throughout the North-east. In all cases, both products are identical."

Here's a link to his article: http://www.stronach.co.uk/2012-01-05/rowies-or-butteries

Either way they are delicious and may go some way to explaining why Aberdeen have such a BIG support!

That was always my understanding too. I grew up in Aberdeenshire and didn't know about the term rowie until I moved into Aberdeen itself for uni. Either term is fine to me but I'll always refer to them as butteries. However people who call them "morning rolls" can f**k right off.

I ayways kent them as "rowies" and my grandparents used to live in Kingsland Place right aside Thains Bakery, and we'd get them fresh from the bakery, not the shop, and they called them "rowies"

Ahhhhhhh, fit fine!