The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

38 minutes ago, coprolite said:

He’s a better wing back than Coulson. Gets up and down the pitch quickly and is always available for a pass on the left. Gets decent crosses in quickly ( although the % that are actually dangerous is declining) and keeps the ball more often than not if not chucking it into the box.

I’d be disappointed if he was in our starting 11 after the next transfer window but as versatile, professional, reliable squad cover he should be useful.

Come on now.

Happy with that.  Hayes has still got it and has carried the team repeatedly over the last couple of seasons.  I thought he was an outside pick for MOTM against Killie in the last home game, mostly due to running really fast for the entire match.  

15 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I can't be the only one that thinks this makes us look silly. I don't think it was a red (and I think the County player was guilty of exactly the same thing Shinnie was sent off for) but I can see why it was given. 

This is the kind of the Old Firm do. Grow up and move on.

The problem isn't the appeal being chucked out, the problem is the extra game. 

These Football Times podcast (non-paywall) does something called the 'Mount Rushmore' selection for various clubs.  I notice this month it's our turn - nice wee bit of nostalgia (and candidates discussed from many eras) if you fancy a wee listen.

Rushmore.jpg

6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

These Football Times podcast (non-paywall) does something called the 'Mount Rushmore' selection for various clubs.  I notice this month it's our turn - nice wee bit of nostalgia (and candidates discussed from many eras) if you fancy a wee listen.

Rushmore.jpg

Thank you, will give that a listen. 

3 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I can't be the only one that thinks this makes us look silly. I don't think it was a red (and I think the County player was guilty of exactly the same thing Shinnie was sent off for) but I can see why it was given. 

This is the kind of the Old Firm do. Grow up and move on.

Did seem a very, very odd hill for Aberdeen to choose to die on - a red card which many people thought was a stick on, though obviously many Dons fans do not. Certainly not one which falls into the 'how the hell have they given that?' category.

The extra game seemed more than a bit harsh - so far as I can see there was no advantage to be gained by Aberdeen in appealing; it's not like there was an important game Shinnie therefore got to play in while the appeal was pending - but there have been far greater and more egregious SFA insanities that have passed relatively unremarked.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Rushmore.jpg

Good listen, thanks for sharing.

Pele:

So do you know davie robb?

🤣

58 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Did seem a very, very odd hill for Aberdeen to choose to die on - a red card which many people thought was a stick on, though obviously many Dons fans do not. Certainly not one which falls into the 'how the hell have they given that?' category.

The extra game seemed more than a bit harsh - so far as I can see there was no advantage to be gained by Aberdeen in appealing; it's not like there was an important game Shinnie therefore got to play in while the appeal was pending - but there have been far greater and more egregious SFA insanities that have passed relatively unremarked.

This is the hill we are choosing to die on, as far as I see it.

I don’t see it mentioned anywhere but on the radio yesterday, Tom English was saying that the word “frivolous” was used inaccurately by the SFA secretary in their correspondence with us. No clue what the extra game was added for in that case.

Someone at AFC had told him that an SFA member of staff had apologised to the club for how the case had been handled, although the SFA were denying this.

A strange situation. I’m not sure if it’s made the cut on the podcast taken from the radio show but it’s odd that no one has picked it up.

11 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t see it mentioned anywhere but on the radio yesterday, Tom English was saying that the word “frivolous” was used inaccurately by the SFA secretary in their correspondence with us. No clue what the extra game was added for in that case.

Someone at AFC had told him that an SFA member of staff had apologised to the club for how the case had been handled, although the SFA were denying this.

A strange situation. I’m not sure if it’s made the cut on the podcast taken from the radio show but it’s odd that no one has picked it up.

I heard that as well - very strange mixed messages.

For a minute I though some adults had entered the room in SFA towers - but clearly not.

15 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I believe frivolous is one of the reasons they can give for the extra game. Another is if there’s deemed no chance of success, which I think is what applies to the shinnie case, not frivolous. Sounds like they’re apologising for using the term frivolous as it’s not accurate. 

Still a ridiculous rule, imo.