The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

People with a season ticket, DNA and regular away game attendees would likely have this much. 

I do not. 

If hearts really have the demand then it’s their right to do it. I don’t see why the league should have to step in. 

By my calculations, if you had a season ticket and attended every single away league game for five seasons you wouldn’t even be half way there. Anyone in that bracket should be given first dibs, you shouldn’t be able to buy your way in through DNA (and I say that as a subscriber).

5x season tickets = 200

Every away league game in last 5 season = approx 140

It absolutely should not be up to clubs to choose to offer negligible or in some cases zero away tickets. A game with no away fans is a step away from what we had to watch during covid. Scottish football is terrible at selling itself and accentuating it’s genuine good points and this is an example of that.

44 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Supporters Clubs have been told the points system for Hearts, going with social media:

700 points - Phase 1
650 points - Phase 2

😭

So close. It won’t go out of phase 2. Last time I couldn’t get a hearts ticket was 2015.

27 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It absolutely should not be up to clubs to choose to offer negligible or in some cases zero away tickets. A game with no away fans is a step away from what we had to watch during covid. Scottish football is terrible at selling itself and accentuating it’s genuine good points and this is an example of that.

I don’t like it but I can’t really agree. 

Let’s be honest your concern isn’t with Scottish football selling itself, it’s with not getting a ticket. 

35 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

By my calculations, if you had a season ticket and attended every single away league game for five seasons you wouldn’t even be half way there. Anyone in that bracket should be given first dibs, you shouldn’t be able to buy your way in through DNA (and I say that as a subscriber).

5x season tickets = 200

Every away league game in last 5 season = approx 140

I don't attend many away games or have AberDNA anymore but I've still got 478 points.

I think your calcs are wrong.

And I'm still not likely getting a ticket. 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t like it but I can’t really agree. 

Let’s be honest your concern isn’t with Scottish football selling itself, it’s with not getting a ticket. 

It would be a shambles whether I could get a ticket or not. The game definitely loses something without a proper away support.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

It would be a shambles whether I could get a ticket or not. The game definitely loses something without a proper away support.

Not disputing that but that doesn’t make it an SPFL authorities matter.

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I don't attend many away games or have AberDNA anymore but I've still got 478 points.

I’ve just used the information on the club website.

Should be correct based on that, maybe they offered more points in previous years. I’ve not factored in cup or European games which I believe give you 4 points each either.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/06/23/update-to-priority-points/

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not disputing that but that doesn’t make it an SPFL authorities matter.

Why not?

UEFA, Scottish FA, Premier League and English FA all deem it to be a matter for them for their competitions.

15 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Season ticket for past 5 season, plus 3 or 4 away games a season and most home cup games and I have 320 points.

6 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Why not?

UEFA, Scottish FA, Premier League and English FA all deem it to be a matter for them for their competitions.

It’s just my opinion, lubo. 

Id rather we had a bigger away support, I do think it adds to the spectacle and of course, I’d rather get a ticket 🙂.

But if hearts have taken a judgement to prioritise fans who can’t otherwise get a ticket vs the spectacle then I believe they should have the right to do so, even if I disagree. 

29 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Should be correct based on that, maybe they offered more points in previous years. I’ve not factored in cup or European games which I believe give you 4 points each either.

They can give you  list of the points. In 2018, you get 100 for a season ticket and AberDNA. That was obviously when I had more money! 😀

It's dropped to 40 for season ticket and 40 for AberDNA. The European and league cup games fair stack up though.

image.thumb.png.12c3168e72ad761e6f43cd88f59d3bc1.png

Main point being, there will be plenty of folk with more points than me. Which is fair enough. I don't go to many away games so when the allocation is restricted, then I miss out. I've been offered a ticket for the home end but don't fancy that.

Edited by Suspect Device

56 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

They haven't mentioned that all cup games apart from semi-final/final are 4 points. Cup Semi and Finals is 2 points. 

Also next season season ticket and DNA is including in the points. 

Anyone on Premium DNA, got a season ticket and go to nearly all the away games will be first to get tickets. I think those that don't do DNA but goes to every game will be offered tickets. 

Edited by betting competition

41 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Why not?

Yes exactly. As I said the other day, proper away allocation rules are needed urgently. This “reasonable allocation” nonsense is typical of the SPFL though.

1 hour ago, KingswellsRed said:

Yes exactly. As I said the other day, proper away allocation rules are needed urgently. This “reasonable allocation” nonsense is typical of the SPFL though.

Big, noisy away supports are what makes watching football different to virtually any other sport. The league should absolutely set a minimum percentage that has to be given to away clubs if they request it. 5-10% seems reasonable to be.

16 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Big, noisy away supports are what makes watching football different to virtually any other sport. The league should absolutely set a minimum percentage that has to be given to away clubs if they request it. 5-10% seems reasonable to be.

Like the Scottish Cup

33 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Good luck getting 5,000 tickets from The Rangers for the b*****d garden, or 6,000 for the piggery.

Even 5%…. 2,500 at Ibrox?

It’ll NEVER get voted through on that nonsensical 11-1 vote - thanks for that Stewart Milne ya fud.