The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

38 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Then they get their usual away allocation based on a set minimum percentage, like everyone is suggesting.

The bigger picture is that an increasing number of clubs are taking the piss when it comes to away allocations and treatment of away fans.

The EPL have a minimum of 3k/10% away ends, which shouldn’t just be in an upper tier (where possible) with tickets capped at £30. Perhaps we should aim for something similar in Scotland as well, instead of away supports being locked out of games entirely or stuck behind a pillar (Celtic), given antiquated unsafe stands whilst better areas sit empty (United) or paying as much as £35 for a ticket (Rangers).

The minimum at their stadium is going to be a lot higher than the minimum at every other stadium though?

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

- ticket prices, yes I’ll give you 

- away allocations - how much of a problem is it really in this league? Other than the old firm entitlement how many away fans are actually ‘locked out’? We have a great following but other than hearts and the OF where is it actually difficult to get a ticket for? 

Our away allocation have sold out at a lot of grounds this season. 

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Yip.

Just seems that folk are upset they can't attend but not looking at the bigger picture.

What happens if we only have 10k home supporters for a 1230ko v Celtic or Rangers?

I do have enough points for a ticket. I just think away fans are part of football and there should be rules in place to protect that, within reason.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

- ticket prices, yes I’ll give you 

- away allocations - how much of a problem is it really in this league? Other than the old firm entitlement how many away fans are actually ‘locked out’? We have a great following but other than hearts and the OF where is it actually difficult to get a ticket for? 

We’ve been given less than 1000 tickets at those three grounds, accounting for seven of our away games this season. Nobody is saying it’s a problem every week but there should be something in place to ensure those three clubs aren’t offering pathetic away allocations, as is the case in most leagues and competitions.

Something like this not work?

All clubs put up 1,000 tickets for away fans minmimum. 
- if by x date they aren’t sold or the away club agree then it can be reduced and given to home fans

- clubs are free to negotiate more

If we want to protect away fans then clubs will have to accept they can’t sell 1,000 season tickets.

Mind you, it probably won’t be a problem once the novelty/European places disappear…

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Our away allocation have sold out at a lot of grounds this season. 

But how often to the degree that there’s huge demand missing out? 

26 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

We’ve been given less than 1000 tickets at those three grounds, accounting for seven of our away games this season. Nobody is saying it’s a problem every week but there should be something in place to ensure those three clubs aren’t offering pathetic away allocations, as is the case in most leagues and competitions.

We’ll have to agree to disagree tbh. I just don’t think it’s that big an issue and there is a long list I’d rather the spfl fix ahead of it. 

1 hour ago, kent_don said:

- if by x date they aren’t sold or the away club agree then it can be reduced and given to home fans

If we want to protect away fans then clubs will have to accept they can’t sell 1,000 season tickets.

Mind you, it probably won’t be a problem once the novelty/European places disappear…

Far too sensible 

1 hour ago, kent_don said:

The main issue I see with that is that segregating a precise number of tickets, be that absolute or percentage, isn't going to be possible in every stadium (or any stadium). Our current away section is roughly 1,800 I believe. To give away fans any more, they'd have to have the whole next block. It will be a similar story everywhere.

24 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

The main issue I see with that is that segregating a precise number of tickets, be that absolute or percentage, isn't going to be possible in every stadium (or any stadium). Our current away section is roughly 1,800 I believe. To give away fans any more, they'd have to have the whole next block. It will be a similar story everywhere.

Bingo.

2 hours ago, kent_don said:

In respect of segregation that is a non-starter.

6 hours ago, pansjambo said:

They are

Aye but how much will it cost me?

albert-finney.jpg?resize=764,428&ssl=1

Only joking (and playing to the stereotype). I'm happy to pay money to anyone outside the OF.

Edited by Suspect Device

When loyalty points first came on the go, were they not on a two year rolling rotation so that there wasn't a case of folk building up enormous points balances and it was rewarding folk who had been attending the most in recent times. 

I'm torn as to whether DNA should be counted towards loyalty points, I can see why they are , but to put it simply, a lot of folk can't afford both an ST and AberDNA. I have neither so I have no beef about not getting a Hearts ticket. 

It does seem that with these new categories of AberDNA being on the go as well it's increasingly about folk being able to buy their way into these games. 

39 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Aye but how much will it cost me?

albert-finney.jpg?resize=764,428&ssl=1

Only joking (and playing to the stereotype). I'm happy to pay money to anyone outside the OF.

£12.99 officially...other options free

3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

In respect of segregation that is a non-starter.

I hadn’t gone into too much detail in my head. A loose suggestion based on the top flight grounds I have been to. Usually you are either:

- in a seperate stand altogether - where likely  you’d carry on as is

- you are only separated by dodgy tarpaulin which can seems to have some movement left/right on it…

In the second case you lose roughly the same seats you do anyway by that tarpaulin and tickets would have to be rounded to the nearest column.

22 minutes ago, kent_don said:

I hadn’t gone into too much detail in my head. A loose suggestion based on the top flight grounds I have been to. Usually you are either:

- in a seperate stand altogether - where likely  you’d carry on as is

- you are only separated by dodgy tarpaulin which can seems to have some movement left/right on it…

In the second case you lose roughly the same seats you do anyway by that tarpaulin and tickets would have to be rounded to the nearest column.

It might at some grounds but if you take the position at Pittodrie, if Ross County only sell 400 of the away allocation of 1700 or so, there's no way that the remaining 1300 could be given to home fans.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It might at some grounds but if you take the position at Pittodrie, if Ross County only sell 400 of the away allocation of 1700 or so, there's no way that the remaining 1300 could be given to home fans.

If you take the example of Ross County bringing 400 fans...could they not be housed in the main stand? Same as we do for European diddies?

32 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

If you take the example of Ross County bringing 400 fans...could they not be housed in the main stand? Same as we do for European diddies?

That's going down the road of moving season ticket holders.

Seems like a big fuss is being created over something that's going to be a fairly irregular occurrence over the course of a season.

5 hours ago, Illgresi said:

You're not giving up, are you? So after they sell only 400 of the 1700 tickets that we give them for the South Stand, in the few days before the game you propose that all these South Stand tickets are magically transferred to the Main Stand?