The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Well done to the club, firstly for making the right call and secondly for being the first top flight club to speak out on the issue.

Absolutely fantastic news from our club. Can't say how delighted I am that they have taken this stance.

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Well done to the club, firstly for making the right call and secondly for being the first top flight club to speak out on the issue.

Brilliant, I will tell them they can have my DNA money for next season now. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Brilliant, I will tell them they can have my DNA money for next season now. 

Kudos to you for telling the club your where you stand on this. You inspired me to contact the club as well with my feelings on the matter.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Kudos to you for telling the club your where you stand on this. You inspired me to contact the club as well with my feelings on the matter.

Glad to hear it. It’s the little power we have left as fans. 

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Good decision - the Conference League concept was a clusterf**k.

Still don't have an issue with us putting a B team into Tier 5 or 6 though.

No B teams, colt teams or any other kind of second string Aberdeen side pollutiing the pyramid and the Lowland League need to pull the plug on the Gruesomes and Hearts infiltrating their league at a price.

This is being used as a tool to expedite the introduction of the Gruesomes B teams into league football and sweep up as much talent as possible.

No, no, no and well done Aberdeen for kicking this shite into touch.

I notice they've said they've turned down the invitation to have a B team without strictly saying they'll vote against the proposal itself.

Hopefully I'm being overly cynical and they'll vote against it, but the statement itself should be a good step for other clubs speaking out to bin it at the very least.

39 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I notice they've said they've turned down the invitation to have a B team without strictly saying they'll vote against the proposal itself.

Hopefully I'm being overly cynical and they'll vote against it, but the statement itself should be a good step for other clubs speaking out to bin it at the very least.

I was thinking the undertone was maybe we'll maybe vote for it if we get what we want; ability to put half a dozen players out on loan to one club higher up the leagues

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

3 hours ago, d31 said:

I was thinking the undertone was maybe we'll maybe vote for it if we get what we want; ability to put half a dozen players out on loan to one club higher up the leagues

The only mention I’ve seen of a vote being planned for this was in the same article as the one that said we’d signed up. That also said it had majority support. 

One of those three things has been shown to be false.

It sounds incredibly unlikely that the majority of members who’d be shunted down by this shit would vote for it. Also sounds unlikely that enough clubs would declare one way or the other in advance for that to be a sure thing.

If I was a gambler, I’d put my money on the rumoured imminent vote on this being a figment of someone’s imagination too.

Surely restarting a reserve league is a better idea? It doesn’t block teams transitioning up or down the pyramid. It also allows fringe players to stay match fit. I think this is a big factor in how inconsistent teams are in the league. If you get a few injuries then players get thrown in from a standing start. 

15 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Surely restarting a reserve league is a better idea? It doesn’t block teams transitioning up or down the pyramid. It also allows fringe players to stay match fit. I think this is a big factor in how inconsistent teams are in the league. If you get a few injuries then players get thrown in from a standing start. 

There's already a Reserve League.

https://spfl.co.uk/league/rl1/table

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

The only mention I’ve seen of a vote being planned for this was in the same article as the one that said we’d signed up. That also said it had majority support. 

One of those three things has been shown to be false.

It sounds incredibly unlikely that the majority of members who’d be shunted down by this shit would vote for it. Also sounds unlikely that enough clubs would declare one way or the other in advance for that to be a sure thing.

If I was a gambler, I’d put my money on the rumoured imminent vote on this being a figment of someone’s imagination too.

SFA AGM Resolution 7 on June 6th 2023.

Not so much a figment of someone's imagination, but a collective delusion shared by the blazers on the working group that think it is in the best interests of Scottish football.

Already had numerous clubs already say they will vote against it. Surprisingly enough from the leagues below about to be shafted. Not sure if any SPFL club has come out against yet. Even Aberdeen's statement doesn't explicitly state voted against.