The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I see Jonny hayes is inviting the twitter mob onto him by attending a Celtic fan event at the hydro on Thursday night. 

I generally don’t like to get angry at stuff like this but what is he thinking? I’m sure he’ll be sober but Saturday lunchtime is enormous. 

Good experienced pro to set an example for the younger players IMO.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The replies to this 🤪

The level of stupidity people show is something else. The chestnut about winning matches is repeated multiple times... Like that has anything to do with it. 

How can you call this stupid? 

what a load of absolute nonsense, pandering to more corrupt government pushed nonsense.,,had enough of the BLM, lgbt pandering and other minorities, football clubs should stop

Don't shoot me, just an observation from a watching quite a few Don games per season (with my family online).

McCrorie for 2m is more or less what you should expect/hope for.

He good, but not great. Never cemented a position, looks good in all, but again not great, take the money and move on.

You could have much better option with the money.

I would ask the question and probably get 3 different answers. What is his best position?

13 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Good experienced pro to set an example for the younger players IMO.

Got to give him credit, he’s sully popping up giving awards to local kids teams, doing his coaching at the club and makes regular appearances at the football memories days. 
No different to us inviting the league cup winning team to celebrate 10 years next year 

17 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I see Jonny hayes is inviting the twitter mob onto him by attending a Celtic fan event at the hydro on Thursday night. 

I generally don’t like to get angry at stuff like this but what is he thinking? I’m sure he’ll be sober but Saturday lunchtime is enormous. 

I heard this morning that Mulgrew was getting a hard time from jutes for going to this in a big week for the club.

Edited by tarapoa

37 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Don't shoot me, just an observation from a watching quite a few Don games per season (with my family online).

McCrorie for 2m is more or less what you should expect/hope for.

He good, but not great. Never cemented a position, looks good in all, but again not great, take the money and move on.

You could have much better option with the money.

I would ask the question and probably get 3 different answers. What is his best position?

I'd say rwb. Or at least that's where he's been most effective for us. 

He's been rb (positionally suspect but a couple of really good games against less threatening teams), cb (not strong enough or big enough and not clever enough to compensate) and cm (a bit too clumsy). 

I reckon he'd do well on the right of a flat midfield four but no one plays that anymore. 

Right now, I am probably more interested in whether he's in the team for the remaining games rather than worry about what he's doing next season.  In fact, I'm not sure it was even necessary for all this to come out.

However, I went to a Bristol City a couple of years back when down there for a long weekend.  Everything is 'nice' - big city, nice stadium, felt very middle class - club happy enough to exist somewhere in the middle of the second tier, but their players can probably have a relatively anonymous life in a city where rugby or pulling down statues is a bigger deal for many.  Then he probably doubles or trebles his base salary.

It's not a bad thing for AFC when attracting other Scottish players to demonstrate that if they are successful, that we now have a good recent track record of players earning lucrative moves.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'd say rwb. Or at least that's where he's been most effective for us. 

He's been rb (positionally suspect but a couple of really good games against less threatening teams), cb (not strong enough or big enough and not clever enough to compensate) and cm (a bit too clumsy). 

I reckon he'd do well on the right of a flat midfield four but no one plays that anymore. 

I'd say the same. At RB he gets drawn out of position and dosn't cover the CB very well. CDM again runs about too much and gets caught behind the ball too often, also composure on the ball.

He seem to like to run onto the ball RWB, however he needs to have final ball (cross/killer pass) which I don't see much.

As I say, not a loss if Aberdeen want to move forward.

Ie Devlin is not the answer as someone posted above.

38 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Got to give him credit, he’s sully popping up giving awards to local kids teams, doing his coaching at the club and makes regular appearances at the football memories days. 
No different to us inviting the league cup winning team to celebrate 10 years next year 

I don’t have a huge problem with the nature of the event. I (just about) forgave McCrorie for doing the bouncy in with that lot in Seville.

Doing this less than 48 hours before a pivotal match is pretty poor though.

2 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I'd say the same. At RB he gets drawn out of position and dosn't cover the CB very well. CDM again runs about too much and gets caught behind the ball too often, also composure on the ball.

He seem to like to run onto the ball RWB, however he needs to have final ball (cross/killer pass) which I don't see much.

I think his best position is central midfield IF the other two centre mids are of a very high standard hence his best spell at the club was in midfield with Ferguson and McGeouch.

Oh I forgot to mention my son is a Don. 10 yo, never stepped out of Thailand. 

Has about 10 full strips home and away.  Plays football with all the other kids (with their Chelsea, Barca, Man U etc) every Saturday morning, and also plays for his school. Wears the 2 stars with pride. (wee shite😅)

3 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Oh I forgot to mention my son is a Don. 10 yo, never stepped out of Thailand. 

Has about 10 full strips home and away.  Plays football with all the other kids (with their Chelsea, Barca, Man U etc) every Saturday morning, and also plays for his school. Wears the 2 stars with pride. (wee shite😅)

The perils of being a global powerhouse brand unfortunately. 

Look forward to the pre season glamour friendly in hua hin v Wrexham. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The perils of being a global powerhouse brand unfortunately. 

Look forward to the pre season glamour friendly in hua hin v Wrexham. 

I hope its a round robin tourny as the HUa Hin FC play in the Sky (Forfar) Blue.

20 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Agreed on all points. Especially Devlin not being the answer. If we are talking to him i can't see it being as just a squad option though, so i hope it's just paper shite. 

23 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Right now, I am probably more interested in whether he's in the team for the remaining games rather than worry about what he's doing next season.  In fact, I'm not sure it was even necessary for all this to come out.

However, I went to a Bristol City a couple of years back when down there for a long weekend.  Everything is 'nice' - big city, nice stadium, felt very middle class - club happy enough to exist somewhere in the middle of the second tier, but their players can probably have a relatively anonymous life in a city where rugby or pulling down statues is a bigger deal for many.  Then he probably doubles or trebles his base salary.

It's not a bad thing for AFC when attracting other Scottish players to demonstrate that if they are successful, that we now have a good recent track record of players earning lucrative moves

That last paragraph applies to all players, not just Scots. Being a decent shop window helped recruit Duk apparently. 

Bristolians also go to the cricket, the weirdos. Ashton Gate looks like it's improved a lot since i was last there for the football. 

1 hour ago, Moorie said:

It's not the time for this nonsense.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t have a huge problem with the nature of the event. I (just about) forgave McCrorie for doing the bouncy in with that lot in Seville.

Doing this less than 48 hours before a pivotal match is pretty poor though.

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

It's not the time for this nonsense.

You could argue was having the player of the Season awards less than 72 hours prior to playing them a good idea either.

Would be interesting when this was agreed date wise. Surely like player of the season should happen at end the season. 

1 minute ago, Moorie said:

You could argue was having the player of the Season awards less than 72 hours prior to playing them a good idea either.

Would be interesting when this was agreed date wise. Surely like player of the season should happen at end the season. 

It would make logical sense in some ways to have the awards after the season is done but the close season is short and players will be going on holiday, getting married, etc. Could also be the odd one or two out of contract and moving. Would be huge amount of no shows. 

Just saw Angus MacDonald in M&S Westhill, clearly just out of training as was adorning the iconic red tracksuit top. Socks and sandals though..maybe it's popular these days, wouldn't know.

Loves an M&S bakery cookie, 2 bags; both milk chocolate. Some head of hair as well!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

22 minutes ago, Moorie said:

That was an extra day before and not a three hour drive home for any of the players either.

As others as have, it wouldn’t make any sense to have it when players are going on holiday, returning to their parent clubs, not being kept on, joining up with their national teams etc.