The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Greg Stewart (and GMS) scored cracking goals in the away leg in Hercegovina, after a 1-1 draw at Pittodrie.

Where Stewart, and his lack of mobility, did sell the jerseys was away to Apollon Limassol in the 38 degree heat.

The start of the downfall of Mciness to me started that season. Total change from year prior. Felt he was a bit tinkery that season with playing squads 

3 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Rumour has it that the Aberdeen groundstaff are currently having issues trying to coax Devlin off the pitch.

touching-grass.gif.cef1d0231e5a3566b7279f06b657f088.gif

Is the path behind him to park a couple of FirstBus bendies when Celtic come up /s

18 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Wonder if Clarkson and other targets are waiting to see if we are guaranteed group stage football.

It should be much easier to attract targets if/when that’s secured 

I’d say 100% yes. 

Not that it guarantees him coming back but it makes us a much more attractive prospect. He probably feels his development might be better served at a higher level than just another season of Scottish top flight football. 

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Wonder if Clarkson and other targets are waiting to see if we are guaranteed group stage football.

It should be much easier to attract targets if/when that’s secured 

More waiting see who offers the most wages. Hope he is back but not confident of it happening 

1 hour ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

Mattie Pollock is interviewed for an article in The Watford Observer - HERE

You have to scroll a long way down before you reach the point where he comes to his time at Pittodrie, but you get a real flavour of his 'football journey' so far.

Imagine asking him about his dad's OG for Man City 🙁

58 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Very encouraging that we’ve already sold a record number of regular season tickets

Just start of May and already looking for the new season to start. Fist time in a good few years been a buzz to get back into it. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Kelle Roos going into his final year of his contract. I think it's a priority to extend his contract. He's been key to our league success this season. As valuable as Duk and Miovski.

Not sure success is a word that should be associated with last season. 

I’m still not completely sold on Roos tbh. He was good post-injury but pretty poor the first half of the season and still a bit debatable in the air, even when he’s played well.

I’m hoping we get more of the latter Roos than the former, but judging by his previous history I’m not sure. I feel he’s relatively replaceable.

In terms of points haul, last season is 7th best in the past decade (equal with the anticipated number in the Covid-curtailed 30-game season).

Yet all we got for all those 70+ point runners-up positions was eventually a measly seeded slot in the Europa QR2.

Now, with such a bang average points haul, but for a late Billy McKay sclaffed winner tomorrow evening that keeps ringing round my head, then we're in the land of milk and honey.  Incredible really that tomorrow's otherwise rather dull looking cup final is now AFC's most lucrative game in 16 years (and we're not even playing).

positions.jpg

Edited by tarapoa

3 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

I’m still not completely sold on Roos tbh. He was good post-injury but pretty poor the first half of the season and still a bit debatable in the air, even when he’s played well.

I’m hoping we get more of the latter Roos than the former, but judging by his previous history I’m not sure. I feel he’s relatively replaceable.

He was not "pretty poor", that's simply nonsense. He perhaps made one or two mistakes but "pretty poor" is sensationalist pish.