The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I think he can still do a job for us. He can help put out the cones hand out bibs. 

Perhaps not a popular opinion, but I don't think he'd be the worst option as an experienced backup. Especially if he's just allowed to be a penalty-box defender, and not asked to play out like Goodwin had him trying to do.

But, it's obviously best for all concerned if he moves on, and he's likely on a starter's wage rather than a squad player's. 

12 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

Perhaps not a popular opinion, but I don't think he'd be the worst option as an experienced backup. Especially if he's just allowed to be a penalty-box defender, and not asked to play out like Goodwin had him trying to do.

But, it's obviously best for all concerned if he moves on, and he's likely on a starter's wage rather than a squad player's. 

I don't think he was even very good as a meat and potatoes centre back. He was usually pretty good with long balls over the top or down the middle and quite robust at tackling, which are big plusses, but he barely won any crosses into the box.  

It's kind of a moot point though. Don't know exactly what went on with him and Barry but you'd think that the very public defenestration in January makes it very awkward for all concerned. 

Don't have any ill feeling towards the guy and Goodwin put him in this position. See also Richardson, J. 

1 hour ago, Ampersand said:

Getting rid of him will free up £5k per week allegedly.

Good luck finding a club to pay him that.  

I suspect he’ll be gone by the end of the window with some sort of pay off.

You can thank that inept clown Goodwin. 

I think it’s better for all concerned if he’s moved on asap. He may be more suited to a Robson system but he’ll always be associated with the ‘one horrendously bad week’ and all the other shite that went on last season. Going from captain to squad player is quite a climb down also.

Get rid.

27 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Getting rid of him will free up £5k per week allegedly.

Good luck finding a club to pay him that.  

I suspect he’ll be gone by the end of the window with some sort of pay off.

You can thank that inept clown Goodwin. 

Perhaps Goodwin can resolve the matter and sign him for United.

28 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I think it’s better for all concerned if he’s moved on asap. He may be more suited to a Robson system but he’ll always be associated with the ‘one horrendously bad week’ and all the other shite that went on last season. Going from captain to squad player is quite a climb down also.

Get rid.

He was absolutely finished after the semi final, where he ironically was pretty good tbh. 

18 minutes ago, Woodster said:

a chance we may sign Williams on loan from Liverpool. 

Just read one of the AberRandomGuys pieces on this fella; very, very slow apparently.

Perhaps the P&B OG xG guy can hit us up with his data because the one I saw had no green and that's not a good sign I think😉

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Are we going to get confirmation of Shinnie's return today?

I hope so, starting to feel like death by a thousand cuts reading various articles about how it's almost but not quite there etc

6 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Just read one of the AberRandomGuys pieces on this fella; very, very slow apparently.

Perhaps the P&B OG xG guy can hit us up with his data because the one I saw had no green and that's not a good sign I think😉

williams.thumb.png.1443fde6569076ea0fd5011c31bb41f0.png

Not entirely sure looking at anything to do with his time at Blackpool would be indicative of how good he'd be up here. Blackpool were utter pish in the Championship and he was only there half the season. 

Im pretty sure Blackburn fans told us Clarkson was shite. 

Klopp/Liverpool must have seen something in him to give him a long term contract a year or so ago. 

23 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Safe passer I see! Nice....

Aye 😂

Usual caveats of it sometimes showing style more than quality, and in a poor side you'll usually find low figures.

I compare him to the division though, and then against former Blackpool CBs, and create a figure from the two though, so its meant to help good players in shite teams not look totally shite.