The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Jute said:

As others have said 3 year deal for Polvara seems a bit of a stretch to say the least.  About as mystifying as naming a crocked Morris in the Europa squad but not a fit Besuijen. Starting to get a bit concerned we might be looking for a new manager again soon. 

I think it’s inevitable.

On 05/03/2023 at 11:42, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone else slightly concerned we might get suckered into appointing robson? Particularly if we beat hearts. 

I just have a bad feeling that he’s not the man. Last night could’ve gone badly if United didn’t waste their early pressure. 

I think we’ve seen work rate and energy and back to basics but nothing much beyond that. 

Hate to quote myself twice in one afternoon but remembered I’d felt this back in March. I wasn’t against the appointment when we eventually made it but maybe a lesson to trust your gut. 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hate to quote myself twice in one afternoon but remembered I’d felt this back in March. I wasn’t against the appointment when we eventually made it but maybe a lesson to trust your gut. 

No, a think there was more than a few of us that understood the appointment but weren't happy with it.

It does feel increasingly like a question of how long we limp on like this. Thursday is purely a damage limitation exercise unfortunately, and then the back-to-back games against Ross County are suddenly massive for us and Robson.

Usually when a conversation flips from 'Should we sack the manager?' to 'Who should replace the manager?', that indicates that they are done. It feels like we are at very least on the verge of that now. 

Too many people in football just know who dont understand the "new manager bounce" is a real, proven, thing and you cant make 2/3 year plans off the back of one.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Who threw Goodwin under the bus?

He alienated half the squad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not sticking up for him and he appears to have done this now at ourselves and United with some players.

You don't go from losing to well, you know the games, to then miraculously turn into a team that managed to finish 3rd unless the players had chucked it.