The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, kent_don said:

I enjoyed top tier in the south stand, when we last played them at Hampden. Probably best view from the tickets we had

Never sat there before. As you say I’ve heard you get a good view. Plus my dad can’t stand as he has issues with his knees and has a stick so hoping best place for people sitting 

waited for about an hour and it still shows about 25 seats left all near front but simply cannot see how to buy them (click on them and cant add to basket then tried best seats at price and as soon as I put in 1 or 2 tickets get message stating no tickets left at this price point.....frustrating but should have been more aware earlier tonight.  Surely there will be many tickets bought for sake of getting max of four and some will become available online

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Surely they didn't allow people just to create an account today and buy tickets for this without a previous purchase history? 

I would imagine we’ll find out for sure tomorrow, but it sounds like a shambles. My fear is that Rangers fans have been working overtime on this. Really hope I’m wrong.

8 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

waited for about an hour and it still shows about 25 seats left all near front but simply cannot see how to buy them (click on them and cant add to basket then tried best seats at price and as soon as I put in 1 or 2 tickets get message stating no tickets left at this price point.....frustrating but should have been more aware earlier tonight.  Surely there will be many tickets bought for sake of getting max of four and some will become available online

The ones you are seeing are likely to be in accessible seating areas. Assuming that is the case, your account ID has to be registered as eligible for purchasing that type of seat/ticket. 

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I would imagine we’ll find out for sure tomorrow, but it sounds like a shambles. My fear is that Rangers fans have been working overtime on this. Really hope I’m wrong.

Your queue number: 117769
Number of users in queue ahead of you: 1568
Your estimated wait time is: 

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It’s mental that they didn’t foresee the issues of just opening up to a general sale with 4 tickets available. At least they have went some way to try and mitigate it, but what a huge cock up.

You’ll be sick if you’re one of those fans sitting without a ticket waiting to find out.

Edited by AJF

Just now, AJF said:

It’s mental that they didn’t foresee the issues of just opening up to a general sale with 4 tickets available. At least they have went some way to try and mitigate it, but what a huge cock up.

If only the SPFL did the fair thing and give us 50% of the tickets, which should be the starting point of a final at a neutral ground.

Notwithstanding the utterly farcical reserving of ends for two teams. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If only the SPFL did the fair thing and give us 50% of the tickets, which should be the starting point of a final at a neutral ground.

I’ve said before I’m not against a 50/50 split. The fact that it’s a reduced allocation makes Aberdeen’s mistake even worse with tickets being more limited.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

You’ll be sick if you’re one of those fans sitting without a ticket waiting to find out.

Especially as we got to 13,000 at our last League Cup final (18/19) before even opening up to those with 80+ loyalty points and semi-final purchasers, so it's not like there wasn't some precedent to work with. 

34 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Should be easy enough to identify and cancel any sales from newly created accounts.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

'Neutral' here (I hope you pump them rotten, btw). It should absolutely have been a 50/50 split. They should have given you 17,500 initially and if they went quickly, which they have done, given you another couple of thousand and so on, up until you get the full 50%.

It's outrageous that one side is given an advantage, which surely having more fans in the ground is?

When you played at Celtic Park in the League Cup final, did you not take 40,000+? 

For those Dons fans of a certain age, I’m looking at you @Jacksgranda, there is a great 30 minute video on You Tube called “When L A Wolves conquered the USA”. It’s about the 1967 US tournament featuring teams from across the world who represented cities all over the USA during the summer of that year. By its title, and the fact it’s made by Wolves, the video does heavily focus on them. But for anyone old enough, you’ll know that the final was between Wolves and Aberdeen, with Wolves winning 6-5 in overtime after extra time, so there’s a bit focusing on Bobby Clark and Jim Whyte. Couple of wee errors crept in though, with the spelling of Robert Clarke and a caption saying that Dallas were represented by Dundee when it was Dundee United, a forerunner to a Sky obviously. Superb watch.

11 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Should be easy enough to identify and cancel any sales from newly created accounts.

Celtic and Rangers fans have been pretty open for years that they have accounts with other clubs and buy either home end tickets for games involving their club, or random tickets, so they have "purchase history" if it comes to situations like this.

Theres almost definitely going to be Rangers fans in the Aberdeen end.

31 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

For those Dons fans of a certain age, I’m looking at you @Jacksgranda, there is a great 30 minute video on You Tube called “When L A Wolves conquered the USA”. It’s about the 1967 US tournament featuring teams from across the world who represented cities all over the USA during the summer of that year. By its title, and the fact it’s made by Wolves, the video does heavily focus on them. But for anyone old enough, you’ll know that the final was between Wolves and Aberdeen, with Wolves winning 6-5 in overtime after extra time, so there’s a bit focusing on Bobby Clark and Jim Whyte. Couple of wee errors crept in though, with the spelling of Robert Clarke and a caption saying that Dallas were represented by Dundee when it was Dundee United, a forerunner to a Sky obviously. Superb watch.

Will try to find it and give it a watch. I remember that tournament well, it was quite a big deal.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig