The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I don't think Cormack will have been 'interfering' at all during Warnock's time - and, frankly, as poor a job as he has done so far in his tenure regarding decisons, there hasn't been anything concrete from any managers who have worked under Cormack, including McInnes, to suggest that is a problem. 

I think it is much more likely, based on what we know, that Warnock had just decided at some point after St Mirren that he was going to quit. We have then been caught on the hop when he has informed us. We have tried to give ourselves and Warnock some cover by going for the line about closing in on a new manager, etc, but there is no doubt in my mind that the process is now being rapidly expedited and that both Cormack and Burrows were expecting and wanting Warnock to be here until May.

Responsible for possibly the worst starting 11 selection I have seen, and I include Levein’s 4-6-0 in that. 
Way, way past his sell by date. 
Some of his comments really surprised me, thought he would have e been a lot more street wise with his experience.  Very unimpressed, would have been better sticking with Robson and saved a fortune. Summed up his attitude towards his time here by bolting as soon as the going got tough.
Dont let the door hit you on the way out old man, it may knock you over. 

3 hours ago, STFU_Donny said:

This is probably a load of shite but did you ever hear the rumour during the Glass era that Cormack was on a video call to the dressing room at half time of one of the matches giving them a pep talk. 

Like I say, probably nonsense but I could believe it. 

Lol.

Bollocks 😆

Celtic in semi - at least we get the “end” with all the decent boozers then.

Possibly overshadowed by other events, but anyone else a tad disappointed by the sheer stupidity of our captain (after such a fine performance) in getting himself suspended for this?

Yes, Beaton is somewhere verging between incompetent and corrupt and made a ludicrous decision - but Shinnie surely knew he was a yellow away from suspension and yet still ran half the pitch to confront him. 

I could have understood a daft youngster doing that, but nae someone of his experience.

Feels like deja vu with regards to Scottish Cup semis and surely now an emergency loan deal for Chidi Nwakali is imminent.

13 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Celtic in semi - at least we get the “end” with all the decent boozers then.

Possibly overshadowed by other events, but anyone else a tad disappointed by the sheer stupidity of our captain (after such a fine performance) in getting himself suspended for this?

Yes, Beaton is somewhere verging between incompetent and corrupt and made a ludicrous decision - but Shinnie surely knew he was a yellow away from suspension and yet still ran half the pitch to confront him. 

I could have understood a daft youngster doing that, but nae someone of his experience.

Feels like deja vu with regards to Scottish Cup semis and surely now an emergency loan deal for Chidi Nwakali is imminent.

Yes. We were winning the game, it was pretty much over. Should have just laughed it off. You know what you get with Beaton especially someone who knows the score like Shinnie should. 

It was naïve from Shinnie, as much as I love the guy. As has been said, we were in complete control, Kilmarnock had all but chucked it, and he should have just had a quick word with Beaton and then dropped it, especially knowing that a booking would rule him out of the semi-final. He is arguably our most important player when he plays like he did on Saturday.

There are plenty of important games between now and Hampden, but difficult to know what to do without him as we don't have an obvious replacement. My instinct is that we would need to move Phillips beside Barron, as at least he does give us some physicality and bite and looks like he can press the opposition like Shinnie often does so effectively. 

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It was naïve from Shinnie, as much as I love the guy. As has been said, we were in complete control, Kilmarnock had all but chucked it, and he should have just had a quick word with Beaton and then dropped it, especially knowing that a booking would rule him out of the semi-final. He is arguably our most important player when he plays like he did on Saturday.

There are plenty of important games between now and Hampden, but difficult to know what to do without him as we don't have an obvious replacement. My instinct is that we would need to move Phillips beside Barron, as at least he does give us some physicality and bite and looks like he can press the opposition like Shinnie often does so effectively. 

Phillips, Dante and Barron for me.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Phillips, Dante and Barron for me.

I would probably go for the same if the game was tomorrow, but Polvara would have to be the most advanced of the three IMO. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

I would probably go for the same if the game was tomorrow, but Polvara would have to be the most advanced of the three IMO. 

Wouldn't be against it.

I don't for a second think Dante is better than Clarkson, but he's good in the air and we're probably going to have to be direct to have a chance.

Polvara is really poor, such a limited player. I’m afraid he will look lost against Celtic at Hampden, as in reality he is out of his depth. Granted he has improved but that was from a really low level. 
I hate John Beaton with a passion. 

On 11/03/2024 at 11:47, Jacksgranda said:

There soon won't be any St Mirren posters that I don't have on ignore...

FFS! Talk about double standards.

Aberdeen fan comes on and casts up random statement from 41 years ago to poke St. Mirren fans.

St. Mirren fan retaliates by posting a newspaper article from a mere 10 years ago accusing Aberdonians of the same crime, yet he’s the one that ought to be put on ignore. 

Clearly the highly unwarranted Aberdeen arrogance stretches beyond football, to being able to say what ever you like with impunity. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

19 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aberdeen fan comes on and casts up random statement from 41 years ago to poke St. Mirren fans.

St. Mirren fan retaliates by posting a newspaper article from a mere 10 years ago accusing Aberdonians of the same crime, yet he’s the one that ought to be put on ignore. 

Clearly the highly unwarranted Aberdeen arrogance stretches beyond football, to being able to say what ever you like with impunity. 

Mate, St Mirren fans have infested all Aberdeen posts since the 2-2 draw. Enjoy your lofty position while you have it but chucking claims of arrogance at Aberdeen just now is laughable considering your fans obsessive posting about said team 

33 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

State of this 😂

On 11/03/2024 at 16:24, kingjoey said:

Nah, not having that. It took, I think, 84 seconds for St Mirren to win the match against us. It took you a hell of a lot longer to research and type your “ the last great manager we had was Danny Lennon” post.

29 seconds from Aberdeen kicking off to Olusanya scoring.

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

29 seconds from Aberdeen kicking off to Olusanya scoring.

I'm sure that's right, but I was having a "discussion" with Molotov, that his well researched post putting forward Danny Lennon as St Mirren's last great manager took longer than the time it took St Mirren to win the game against us. I think I said 84 seconds, Molotov quite rightly corrected me to say it was 66 seconds in real time, and you've just put forward the actual playing time. Everyone is clear now. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

WTAF?!

One of THE worst posts I’ve seen on here for a while.

Well done 😆

🤡

38 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Mate, St Mirren fans have infested all Aberdeen posts since the 2-2 draw. Enjoy your lofty position while you have it but chucking claims of arrogance at Aberdeen just now is laughable considering your fans obsessive posting about said team 

Fair enough mate, but I wasn’t posting about “obsessive” fans, I was posting about Molotov getting called out for simply responding to some totally random post from an Aberdeen fan. 
I can only speak for myself mate and although I certainly am enjoying our lofty position, I equally certainly not daft enough to think it will last forever. 

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

State of this 😂

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

WTAF?!

One of THE worst posts I’ve seen on here for a while.

Well done 😆

🤡

Oooft!!

A couple of truly insightful, intelligent and original posts. 

Truly impressed. 🤣🤣