The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You’d think Adidas and the club would think about that? 
The club surely advise Adidas of a colour scheme? 

It means they’ll need to register the white kit from 2 years ago, unless there’s a 3rd kit coming this year. 

Wouldn’t put it past them. £300 to kit out your kid with all 3. 

Posted (edited)

Bit of a long shot here, but we'll be up in Stornoway on Saturday while Aberdeen play Queen Of The South. Anyone from up that way recommend a pub that I can watch the match in with my wife? It's our first visit to Lewis & Harris. 

Edited by kingjoey

Can’t say I’ve heard of him but would have to imagine a guy who played regularly for a team promoted from the championship might have other/better options.

Article also says we’re close to a defensive mid “to replace Connor Barron”.

53 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Can’t say I’ve heard of him but would have to imagine a guy who played regularly for a team promoted from the championship might have other/better options.

Article also says we’re close to a defensive mid “to replace Connor Barron”.

Connor Barron - the only 'defensive midfielder' never to have made a tackle

The slightly annoying thing is, if Thelin's apparent way of playing can actually work for us (and I have my doubts), then a fit Duk would be the ideal player to work in that system. As poor as he was last season, he should be a huge asset for a team that creates chances primarily through fast transitions.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Bit of a long shot here, but we'll be up in Stornoway on Saturday while Aberdeen play Queen Of The South. Anyone from up that way recommend a pub that I can watch the match in with my wife? It's our first visit to Lewis & Harris. 

This place shows football mate

51F16EA1-FC1B-47FA-986F-0F01F4EBAD60.jpeg

36 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The slightly annoying thing is, if Thelin's apparent way of playing can actually work for us (and I have my doubts), then a fit Duk would be the ideal player to work in that system. As poor as he was last season, he should be a huge asset for a team that creates chances primarily through fast transitions.

Why would you have your doubts?

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Because Scottish football fans are the most negative c***s going.

Twitters currently full of them moaning about how Lamine Yamal, a 16yo 5'10 winger with generational talent, wouldn't have even played a senior game yet if he was Scottish. 

It's a bizarre mindset.

15 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Primarily because it seems to be about conceding possession and creating chances through transitions. Admittedly, I don't know exactly what he came up against with Elfsborg in the Allsvenskan, but we saw last season what can happen when you set up to play like that against a team that is content in a low block and happy to play risk-averse in possession, so minimise opportunities for counter-pressing. More often that not, especially at Pittodrie, a game like that will end up suiting the opposition more than it does us. 

I also have some concerns about the squad, too, but willing to give that more time to see how we recruit in the coming weeks. Hopefully we can get a suitable replacement for Barron because his progressive passing and ability to receive the ball in tight spaces were so pivotal to how we improved under Leven. Hoilett also became something of a cheat code against a low block when we were toiling from open play towards the end of the season, and it will be a cause for genuine concern again if he is injured or doesn't sign up again.

The positive thing is that I get the sense from listening to Thelin that he is aware that he will have to adjust, so I'm not necessarily as concerned as I would be if I thought that was his ideology and it was going to be that sort of football at all costs and in all situations. 

Don’t think it’s unreasonable to have doubts about a new style of play coming into the league, we’ve seen plenty of examples over the years of things not working. It really will be a case of being patient with it, and it’s good the club are supporting that narrative. 

It does sound like thelin tried a few ways of playing at elfsborg before settling on the one that gave them success so he is clearly flexible and not wedded to one style. 

As far as duk goes, I loved the man. A lot. But in my mind he’s already gone, so how he fits in is irrelevant. 

Taking my lad to the Peterhead game tonight.

Booked standing seats so he could get the full lower league experience (regretting this now). Anyone got an estimate on how early we'd need to arrive to get a decent spot?

18 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Don’t mind that at all. Better than the northern lights kit for me.

White all the way for me - love seeing us in a good white strip - hate every other away strip creation that hasn't been white, including this one.  But as someone says, the demographic they need to please is a tad younger than I am.

AFC away kits.jpg

5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

White all the way for me - love seeing us in a good white strip - hate every other away strip creation that hasn't been white, including this one.  But as someone says, the demographic they need to please is a tad younger than I am.

AFC away kits.jpg

I just can't accept the opinion that the navy and gold A-Fab is shite.

Some navy and golds have been good. I liked the one from the Stephen glass season too, didn’t really get worn either though. 

Black one under mcinnes in 16/17 was one I liked a lot too. 

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Taking my lad to the Peterhead game tonight.

Booked standing seats so he could get the full lower league experience (regretting this now). Anyone got an estimate on how early we'd need to arrive to get a decent spot?

Match is now off