The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

51 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

A signing!!!! Never heard of him obviously.

A auld looking youth. Has he Saudi Arabian heritage?

'Ante Palaversa' reads like the sort of thing I might come up with if I was intending to type 'Dante Polvara' but was typing on my phone whilst not looking at the screen. Maybe that's how the recruitment team discovered him. 

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

Hopefully this take is as good as one of his previous ones.

Screenshot_20240808-121950.png

Please. We’re having a moment of blind optimism here. We’ve won 5 games on the bounce and signed a guy who only left Man City because he was too much competition for de bruyne. 

1 hour ago, forthefanssubstack said:

Can anyone tell me how much tickets were for Dons fans away at St Johnstone on Monday night? I've tried asking both clubs as the info is no longer online, but neither have replied.

Preferably, if you have the info for all categories (adult, over 65, under 18, ambulant, etc) that would be great.

It's for a piece comparing away ticket prices.

£28 Adult, £18 Over 65s/U21s, under 13's went free. 

1 hour ago, forthefanssubstack said:

Can anyone tell me how much tickets were for Dons fans away at St Johnstone on Monday night? I've tried asking both clubs as the info is no longer online, but neither have replied.

Preferably, if you have the info for all categories (adult, over 65, under 18, ambulant, etc) that would be great.

Think it was:

North Stand:  Adult £27, Over 65, Under 21 £18 Under 13 free
Main Stand: Family ticket (1 Adult and up to 2 U13's) £22 Adult £27, Over 65, Under 21 £18 Under 13 Free 

Edited by betting competition

48 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Girona part of the “City group”

Troyes part of the city group ……. 

You're on to something here I think.

It's an intriguing signing and no mistake.

Everyone loves the signing of a random unheard-of Balkan midfielder, but I got all excited about Patrik Myslovič and look how that turned out (now at Levski Sofia apparently).

But he's sure to be good technically, and these lads can usually handle themselves physically, but his recent history of injury is a concern. But if it wasn't for that, he wouldn't be in our ball-park, so let's hope he stays healthy.

I like the quiet way we are going about our transfer business, as almost nothing is appearing in the media until the deal is done. It gives me some hope that work is being done to address the clear deficiencies in the squad.

But I do expect my weekend to be spoilt by Miovski's imminent departure, but hopefully it's for the greater good of all concerned.

Great day out at Duthie Park with two of the grandkids at the AFC event. Some super activities for the kids and we all got to go on the team bus for a nosey around. Brought out the big kid in me, and my wife as well. Well done to the club.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s the former. 

Ultimately he’s expecting to get his move now and clearly there’s a quiet agreement behind the scenes that we’ll make that happen for him. It’s the right time and we’re unlikely to do well from digging our heels in and keeping him. 

Ultimately miovski will earn us good money but more than that, longer term he becomes a good news story that we can share with the next prospective miovski and prove this is the place for them to build their career. 

Always respect to players who wait and promise a move and still give everything to it happens. Jonny Hayes to Celtic signed a new deal the January before he left so the club got a fee.

soemthing a few of the current “local lads” who have left can learn from 

5 hours ago, forthefanssubstack said:

My barber last week was saying it was £28 for an adult which is crazy. Thing is our support away is so good that there will be a demand for it 

3 hours ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

It's an intriguing signing and no mistake.

Everyone loves the signing of a random unheard-of Balkan midfielder, but I got all excited about Patrik Myslovič and look how that turned out.

Slovakia is more Tatran than Balkan.

7 hours ago, DrewDon said:

'Ante Palaversa' reads like the sort of thing I might come up with if I was intending to type 'Dante Polvara' but was typing on my phone whilst not looking at the screen. Maybe that's how the recruitment team discovered him. 

🎶...You like Polvara and I like Palaversa
Polvara, Palaversa, Polvara, Palaversa
Let's call the whole thing off...🎶

I think we're being managed by Tito from beyond the grave, we've got a Slovenian, North Macedonian, Croatian, Montenegrin...all we need is a Bosnian and a Serb and Yugoslavia has returned

Edited by Bogbrush1903