The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

So in a transfer window where the papers thought we were going to lose Hayes, McGinn, Jack and Considine we have kept hold of them all, bringing in a decent loan player in, and only getting rid of deadwood and a player whose loan we already knew was up.

some of the stories covering this are giving us credit for Simon Church too. Nice one if so but I would have assumed his loan would have ended in May and his registration back with mk dons. 

Happy days if transfer window not being open meant we couldnt transfer his registration. His club missed a trick

some of the stories covering this are giving us credit for Simon Church too. Nice one if so but I would have assumed his loan would have ended in May and his registration back with mk dons. 
Happy days if transfer window not being open meant we couldnt transfer his registration. His club missed a trick

If we have somehow benefited from MK fucking cuntbox Dons' loss, then that's fantastic news. Fuck them.

Would it wake the whole season into account? Might we have got some cash from Danny Ward also?

If he was called up for any qualifiers then we might have. The money received for qualifiers is much lower than the final tournament. The squads were announced in May, before Church returned to his club, so that might be why we got money for him.

What was the attendance? Couldn't believe how poor the crowd looked yesterday. Wtf do folk want? Team deserve far better support and wouldn't blame players and managers chucking it and moving somewhere they are better appreciated.

Just over 10,000.

jack man of the match yesterday , was our best player on Wednesday night as well.  regards the crowds it has always been like this ,even threw the 80s.  also  too many fans rather go away than home. and  too many fans like moaning like fuds while they watch jeff sterling in a bar . lot my mates like that and they are the first to moan when big signings don't appear in the summer.    its cold b*****d of  ground in winter and does put folk aff,   nae excuse though.  but  we can lose thousands and gain thousands in one result.  would expect the attendances to rise as we go into spring .  but the team deserves more backing at home and its big month ahead regards fixtures.. 

You've got to look at the general P+B population of Dons fans, I'm not based in Aberdeen anymore, and I've not got enough cash/time to be going up to Aberdeen every second week. Plenty of the lads on here seem to be in Glasgow, Edinburgh, England, etc. 

I think that's it. We seem to have a higher than average fanbase in the central belt. I had a season ticket when I lived in Banchory and kept it when I first moved down here, but it became too hard to justify. Long journey, expensive on the train and games at Pittodrie from a fan perspective aren't as exciting as away games. If I were to go yesterday I would have had to leave fairly early, wouldn't have got back until very late and with a wife and child it's hard to justify every fortnight, meaning I'm picking and choosing home games and Partick Thistle doesn't make the cut for me. Now my Dad is moving back to the North East and I'll have somewhere to bide on Saturday nights it appeals more though, but I can see why it's a struggle for a lot of non-Aberdeen based fans.

I don't think it's an excuse to say Dons fans are scattered about, the fans should be turning out for games like that. It's a poor crowd and real shame. Aberdeen have got one of the best sides they've had in years - there should be no less than 14,000 in there every second week.