The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The way that business is being done these days is a breath of fresh air. For so long being a Dons fan you expect your best players to leave, when we get 'will they or won't they sign' sagas it feels inevitable they won't. But here we are, not only have we kept Hayes, we've extended his contract. When we thought we would lose Logan we got him on a longer contract. I still think McGinn will be away in the summer but I feel a lot more positive about contract situations now than I think I ever have done.

Only a mere 3200 documents to sift through!
Regarding Hayes, it's fantastic that Aberdeen are able to hold onto their top players without the lure of money down south. Says a lot about the spirit around the club there appears to be at the moment.

Pretty bizarre how you comment about Hayes resigning at Aberdeen, but don't make a post about MacLean resigning with us.

Your questionable loyalties remain.

Only a mere 3200 documents to sift through!
Regarding Hayes, it's fantastic that Aberdeen are able to hold onto their top players without the lure of money down south. Says a lot about the spirit around the club there appears to be at the moment.

Pretty bizarre how you comment about Hayes resigning at Aberdeen, but don't make a post about MacLean resigning with us.

47 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Good morning sports fans, it's a lovely day out there.

hayes.gif

What a strike.

The other thing about that goal is, despite how fucking good it was, we were really up against it for the first half an hour that night, we just hadn't started at all, and Jonny just took it upon himself and walloped that in.  We never looked back and battered Celtic for the next 60 minutes.

Just epitomises Jonny Hayes influence on this team.

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What a strike.

The other thing about that goal is, despite how fucking good it was, we were really up against it for the first half an hour that night, we just hadn't started at all, and Jonny just took it upon himself and walloped that in.  We never looked back and battered Celtic for the next 60 minutes.

Entirely this.

Outta Nowhere. I was in a Irish pub somewhere foreign I think, that joyous moment when it's just you going fucking crazy in a room full of the exceptionally torn faced.

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Entirely this.

Outta Nowhere. I was in a Irish pub somewhere foreign I think, that joyous moment when it's just you going fucking crazy in a room full of the exceptionally torn faced.

I was in Section Y awaiting a Celtic goal if I'm honest and then all of a sudden I'm in a melee of grown men going potty

Resigning Maclean is great but I mean with all due respect to the man where else was he going to go? Hayes could have easily gone elsewhere in summer - all I'm saying is that it's good Aberdeen can hold on to their top players in a footballing world dominated by money.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

What a strike.

We were awful until he scored, but by full time we really should have won 4 or 5 nil. I remember thinking that our terrible finishing might have saved Deila from getting sacked.