The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Could be a cracking signing at our level. If he has to come off earlier in games than mcginn then it might force del's hand in blooding youngsters.

At his age, his useful economic life will be hugely influenced by conditioning and lifestyle.

Does anybody know whether he's a piss up and kebabs type or more of a model pro?

23 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but I can't be bothered looking back.

That's Daniel Harvie's loan expired with us obviously, and he'll be heading back your way. He scooped our YPOTY award on Saturday night, and played a pretty crucial role in getting us to where we are in the table.

When he came in he had a nightmare of a debut against Dunfermline where he looked majorly panicky, but he settled quickly and became quietly crucial. He's developed a hell of a lot as a player over the past year and, although not near Premiership first team level yet, definitely has the potential to be a very decent, attacking, left-back in the future. He's decent on the ball, pretty quick, solid defensively, decent at the 'dark arts' and (with three goals) a bit of a force going forward.

Another season on-loan at the Championship would probably help him out a great deal, whether or not that's at us will be up to you lot I'd imagine.

That's us now have two Daniels on loan from you lot who have won our YPOTY, so if you have any more kicking about please fire them our way.

Re: Harvie at Dumbarton - McInnes was singing his praises at the Black & Gold night.

He mentioned that Dumbarton were deliberately selected as he'd need to man up and do a lot of defending at a p/t club in a mainly f/t division - sounds like The Sons did very well to survive again (6 seasons in a row is it?) and that Harvie played a key role.

Would be nice to see us blood someone into the first team next season - but almost an acceptance that it probably won't happen and in Del we trust I suppose.

The only other loanee prospect of that would appear to be Cammy Smith - who did very well at Smurn in the second half of the season, after falling away following his early league cup hat-trick for this less than convincing Yinitit team.  Storie seems to have gone backwards, and will Danny Rogers fancy being a #2 to Lewis?

30 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39856370

BBC now running with it as well

If it does come off, I'm sure it would be a good signing 

Saying he'd be replacement for McGinn. We got no chance of holding on to him now? I'd rather we stuck our neck out to keep him ahead of Jack and Taylor.

Just now, R.Mutt said:

Saying he'd be replacement for McGinn. We got no chance of holding on to him now? I'd rather we stuck our neck out to keep him ahead of Jack and Taylor.

I think McGinn wants another crack down south.

He'll end up at somewhere like Sheffield United or Bolton imo. 

2 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

Young goalie Robbie Mutch is being released. I heard he was rather promising, maybe not.

Was announced last week was it not? Along with Jamie Henry, Dylan Thomas Joe Nuttal and one other I can't remember.

Mutch turns 20 in a couple months I believe, and from what I've read, McInnes is restricting the u20s to 18 y/o or under from next season. Any older players kept on but not ready for the first team will be put out on loan. Perhaps they think that'll reduce Mutch's chances.

Was announced last week was it not? Along with Jamie Henry, Dylan Thomas Joe Nuttal and one other I can't remember.
Mutch turns 20 in a couple months I believe, and from what I've read, McInnes is restricting the u20s to 18 y/o or under from next season. Any older players kept on but not ready for the first team will be put out on loan. Perhaps they think that'll reduce Mutch's chances.

Oh, well the news must've totally passed me by in that case.

Young goalie Robbie Mutch is being released. I heard he was rather promising, maybe not.

Was on loan at us at the start of the season. Had an absolute blinder in his debut vs Dundee United on the TV, but from there on he was rotten. Playing with him in goals was basically starting a goal down, he looked totally out of his depth. Still only 18 I think so plenty of time for him to turn his career around, and I hope he does.