The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If he does go I think Alex Neil will be tempted if he is promised some kind of money to spend to replace the quality that has left.

Although you can point to the fact we have lost Mcginn and it looks like Hayes is away there was never a good time to lose McInnis. Problem is it was always going to happen sooner or later, just need to make sure we make the right move now.

Waiting for the Daily Record headline now, Jimmy Calderwood – “I could make Aberdeen the third force once again”.

Mad things happen ;)

2683d305aff404dc4c1a974b8b3a4234.png.d4236f642b99e7a709751acf19eb5596.png

Edited by Mackiemyday

Just now, Fifespud said:

I thought Greg Stewart wasn't good enough for the Dons. Wouldn't get in our first 11 was the chat.

Well he wouldn't have if we still had McGinn and Hayes. A small downgrade IMO but we were never going to replace with that level of quality. He's a cracking player nonetheless and I'd love it if we could sign him. Rumour is he's a Jambo though, which could sway his decision. I very much doubt that he's 'Arry Redknapp's type, so I'd imagine he'd be out the door. 

I'd be less impressed with Sam Nicholson, although there is definite talent in the guy. If he can keep his hands where we can see them then he could develop. 

I don't think you need any source to guess that

1) will be Tony Doc - he'll say no

2) will try for Alex Neil - hopefully works out but if not

3) Off to Partick to ask how much for Archibald and that'll be that presuming the fee is reasonable

Don't really understand the sneering opposition to Wright from sections of our support. Quite similar to some of the stuff I read from Rangers fans about McInnes when Warburton left. He maybe wouldn't be my first choice, but he has proven himself at this level and we could certainly do much worse. 

I would quite like an obscure foreigner, to be honest. None of the 'obvious' potential candidates overly excite me. I like Archibald and Ross, but I'm not completely sold on them. Neil would likely be the best Scottish choice, although I doubt he would take it. 

Don't really understand the sneering opposition to Wright from sections of our support. Quite similar to some of the stuff I read from Rangers fans about McInnes when Warburton left. He maybe wouldn't be my first choice, but he has proven himself at this level and we could certainly do much worse. 
I would quite like an obscure foreigner, to be honest. None of the 'obvious' potential candidates overly excite me. I like Archibald and Ross, but I'm not completely sold on them. Neil would likely be the best Scottish choice, although I doubt he would take it. 

You could always appoint an interim for a few months and wait for the obscure foreigner in Glasgow to become available. He'll sign a shit load of Mexicans with fancy names and get the excitement levels through the roof.

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

If there's a good, proven manager who will probably get you results, you should go for that. Tommy Wright is exactly that, but like Rangers fans with McInnes, a lot of people would rather take a gamble.

If there's a good, proven manager who will probably get you results, you should go for that. Tommy Wright is exactly that, but like Rangers fans with McInnes, a lot of people would rather take a gamble.

I'd be happy with Wright.

Mcinnes is leaving (we think) at the worst possible time with half our first team going. A manager like Wright would be ideal to bring some stability in the interim at the very least.

Now is not the time to gamble on some random.

eric black was spotted dining with george yule at the weeknd so he's involved somewhere along the lines whether thats as an advisor, negotiater with sunderland, dof or manager. remember he is still an active agent as well as coach/manager

Surely only a lunatic wouldn't see Saints to Aberdeen as a step up? 

He'd take it, no doubt about it. He regularly loses out on players due to our financial restrictions, and there's a strong chance he'll miss out on another two or three this Summer as well, it must frustrate him and the chance to manage a team with multiple times our budget would be enough to sway him.

I think he'll be hired if/when McInnes goes. Milne won't give a single f**k some of your fans hate the man, he'll look at it with the business sense of someone who knows you can't afford to fall away down into the bottom half again, and TW virtually guarantees that, aswell as a good cup record and an ability to turn average players into solid performers. His knack of replacing "star" players is also a huge pro considering your current situation.

I worry more about this than the Rangers job.