The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

18 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

DM confirmed those two are the wildcards

So no striker.

Nowak staying on trial for longer.

I thought we were only allowed one?

the reports for Hoban say he’s going straight into the squad, but I haven’t seen that in a Cerny report, so I assume if Lewis gets injured an outfielder goes in? That never happens though, not in important games.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

the reports for Hoban say he’s going straight into the squad, but I haven’t seen that in a Cerny report, so I assume if Lewis gets injured an outfielder goes in? That never happens though, not in important games.

Well Mair and Craddock are already in the squad so one of them would have been on the bench but McInnes said in his press conference today that both players have been registered. Two wildcards were allowed.

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Two wild cards now.  

14 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Well Mair and Craddock are already in the squad so one of them would have been on the bench but McInnes said in his press conference today that both players have been registered. Two wildcards were allowed.

Craddock got injured on Monday night apparently so Cerny needed to be registered.

New interview now states he is still trying to get a striker in but might not be before 11pm.

If a striker is signed he can still change the EL squad before 11

Good to see were doing some business and Hoban especially sounds like good business provided he stays fit.

Would appear he was very highly rated up until his injury troubles. Cerny is decent back up and delighted Rogers can now go and play week in and week out. Sensible move for both parties.

I also like the look of Hoban; I'd imagine he will cover right-back during Logan's suspension, then compete with Devlin for the right-sided centre-back spot. I doubt he has come here to sit on the bench, given there was apparently also interest from some Championship clubs. Fingers crossed that he can stay fit and injury-free. 

Černý is a sensible signing, and one I thought at the back of my mind that we might make when I heard that he had left Thistle. Plenty of experience, although unlikely to get any competitive minutes if Lewis doesn't get injured or sent off. Still, minimises the chances of having to recall Rogers, and gives us a reliable option in reserve. 

AFC now announcing on Twitter the game will be on Red TV as it’s a sell out.

I assumed considering I pay an international monthly subscription it would have been on anyway ???

Bit of a farce all round.

3 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

I assumed considering I pay an international monthly subscription it would have been on anyway ???

Yeah I'd imagine so.

Pretty sure they did the same with one of the games last season too?

7 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

It was going to be on Red TV internationally, the announcement was that it would now be available to those in the UK and Ireland.

Just got one of the typical emails from the club that was a roundup of todays news type thing. Could be reading too much into it but I'm assuming that wouldn't be sent out if there was a chance of a late signing before the deadline tonight.

Hopefully I'm wrong of course.

Just got one of the typical emails from the club that was a roundup of todays news type thing. Could be reading too much into it but I'm assuming that wouldn't be sent out if there was a chance of a late signing before the deadline tonight.
Hopefully I'm wrong of course.

There isn’t going to be a striker tonight.

It’s not the end of the world.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There isn’t going to be a striker tonight.

It’s not the end of the world.

Indeed. Surprised at McInnes saying it was still a possibility. Just giving fans a chance to moan, probably should have kept it quiet like he normally does.

5 hours ago, Baldie1980 said:

Could Souleymane Coulibaly be joining Aberdeen? Striker posts intriguing response to fan's tweet

A fifa ruling sees him banned until he pays Al Ahly almost £2m, so unless you're stumping that up, I'd doubt it. 

Cerny as a reserve goalkeeper is terrific for you, imo. Regressed a bit from his POTY season with us (understandable given he may or may not be the same age as Neil Alexander, I don't even know anymore) and he has to aim goal kicks out wide since he can't reliably launch it past halfway unless kicking from his hands, but he's always struck me as being a reliable player. Very few howlers for us, which iirc were curiously mainly against Celtic (can remember an iffy Armstrong shot squirming past him I think, as well as his high foot against Dembele last season which could arguably have been a pen + red card)