The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't "expect" anything.  But we're good enough to be top 2 yes, I absolutely believe that.

Your belief that we're not is fine, your belief that the club acknowledges we're not and actively decided they're fine with it, is bedwetting.

If you say so 

I’ll resist calling you a happy clapper 

7 hours ago, Aufc said:

Im intrigued. Who from Aberdeen would get into rangers team?

Gavin Rae

David Robertson

Colin Jackson

Ryan Jack seems to be hding a place down in the "Tonight-Matthew-we're-going-to-be-Rangers" XI

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

One day after the transfer window 'slams shut', and McInnes is on Red TV saying how light in defence and stretched we are for tomorrow's game.

Fuxsake.

You expect Aberdeen to sign a defender for one match?  I honestly think we have a good enough squad to get second spot. For those using the fact that we have let Forrester and Tansey go as reducing our first team numbers, they need to remember that Tansey hasn’t been in a single squad this season and Forrester wasn’t get into the squad latterly even with our injury problems.

6 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Having not losing three players that we are in full control over whether they leave or not as the big positive of the window seems a bit desperate and further emphasizes how likely it is all three will be away in the summer.

They can spin it however they want but losing 5 first team players (Forrester and Tansey were signed to be first team players no matter what their recent form was) and not replacing them at all besides Stewart cannot be sold as a positive. If we don't make the Scottish cup final and/or maintain a position close to the top of the table I can still see GMS being away by the time the MLS window closes.

The MLS window closes on 7 May.

@Dons_1988 's position is one I agree with and share. Killie losing is a good positive tonight, and a big incentive for tomorrow. Hope all who travel to Easter Road give the team their full backing tomorrow.

Edited by Menzel
spelling

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The MLS window closes on 7 May.

I know. Scottish cup semi’s are in April so we’ll know by then whether we have a final to look forward to or if we have a realistic chance of being competitive at the top of the table.

I'm disappointed in the window just past more down to failing to address the glaring lack of creativity from central midfield. We were sorely needing a creative central midfielder like Ryan Gauld, essentially replacing Forrester who failed to live up to expectations.

We did try to offload Wilson but to no avail. Shame, as like every Man Utd loanee of my time going to Pittodrie, he's mince outside the odd flash

just read the last page or so about what aberdeen players would make the rangers team. from someone impartial i tjink its the other way around. morelos, despite being s total c**t, would make it and then there is candeias but he wouldmt be there every week. he blows far too hot and cold. defoe and davis are great players but dont deserce a place yet

just read the last page or so about what aberdeen players would make the rangers team. from someone impartial i tjink its the other way around. morelos, despite being s total c**t, would make it and then there is candeias but he wouldmt be there every week. he blows far too hot and cold. defoe and davis are great players but dont deserce a place yet

Ultimately it’s a totally pointless debate so it’s odd that an Airdrie fan is so keen to engage in it.

Personally I think it’d be a fairly even split in terms of first XI of the two clubs.

Ultimately it’s a totally pointless debate so it’s odd that an Airdrie fan is so keen to engage in it.

Personally I think it’d be a fairly even split in terms of first XI of the two clubs.
its a completely pointless debate but im half cut on a friday night and was looking for opinions on wright. no idea why an airdrie fan would start that debate though.

also thinking id probably have McGregor ahead of Lewis despite him being a massive bellend.

anyway, whats your opinion on wright? seems from comments made he will be a great signing and would still get a good few appearances for you off the bench?

we need width so im happy with his signing albeit thats coming mainly from comments than me seeing him in the flesh.

its a completely pointless debate but im half cut on a friday night and was looking for opinions on wright. no idea why an airdrie fan would start that debate though.

also thinking id probably have McGregor ahead of Lewis despite him being a massive bellend.

anyway, whats your opinion on wright? seems from comments made he will be a great signing and would still get a good few appearances for you off the bench?

we need width so im happy with his signing albeit thats coming mainly from comments than me seeing him in the flesh.

First of all, joe Lewis is god and you can f**k off [emoji1]

On Wright, he’s talented. He did very well against stenhousemuir the other night, he was fantastic against a shite st mirren team early in the season. He’s been great against Partick.

But...there’s no consistency (yet). He’s lightweight, I’ve never seen him make a difference in a game where we were struggling. When he does it, it’s when we’re expected to win comfortably.

Saying that, he’s never had a consistent run of games and if he gets that who knows. Personally I think he’s had his chance with us and it’ll take a pretty special loan spell with you lads to make us keep him. I’d love to see him do well but I’m not convinced.

would you class him as an out and out winger? seems most folk would have him playing right wing. does he have a left foot on him as well? also coild he play that number 10 role? sorry for the hundred questions.

been going through your old highlights on line and cant say hes standing out. despite that ive read enough about the lad to keep my positive about this more

would you class him as an out and out winger? seems most folk would have him playing right wing. does he have a left foot on him as well? also coild he play that number 10 role? sorry for the hundred questions.

been going through your old highlights on line and cant say hes standing out. despite that ive read enough about the lad to keep my positive about this more

Wouldn’t say he was an out and out winger.

The st mirren game in the league cup he played centrally he was excellent but again it was against a dreadful st mirren.

In terms of wing play he’s more of an “inside forward” in that he likes to cut in off the left onto his right foot.

Watch the stenhousemuir highlights to see what he’s capable of but also observe the defending is pretty dreadful. When defences aren’t as generous he struggles.

Wouldn’t say he was an out and out winger.

The st mirren game in the league cup he played centrally he was excellent but again it was against a dreadful st mirren.

In terms of wing play he’s more of an “inside forward” in that he likes to cut in off the left onto his right foot.

Watch the stenhousemuir highlights to see what he’s capable of but also observe the defending is pretty dreadful. When defences aren’t as generous he struggles.
at least hes direct and seems willing to take a man on. something we have been lacking. looks from those highlights that he is very right footed hence always cutting in. makes a player easy to defend against. ive only seen him a few times but looks an improvement on calvin miller so upwards for us i hope! thanks for the feedback anyway