The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

When was the last time a first team regular left it this late to sign a contract and actually signed with the club? Have to imagine the vast majority who leave it this long are just biding their time and will only re-sign if the offers aren't there.

Not that i'm blaming anyone for looking out for their career but it shouldn't really drag on for this late in the season.

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

When was the last time a first team regular left it this late to sign a contract and actually signed with the club? Have to imagine the vast majority who leave it this long are just biding their time and will only re-sign if the offers aren't there.

Not that i'm blaming anyone for looking out for their career but it shouldn't really drag on for this late in the season.

Kenny Mclean set the standard on this to be fair.

41 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

The club should probably be a bit more savvy with regards to these situations. If they've not signed a new deal in summer before they're out of contract then put them up for sale.

Good idea in theory, but Aberdeen don’t have enough top class players to do this.

13 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Kenny Mclean set the standard on this to be fair.

Very true, for all the shit some fans gave him (for being a *** etc) it’s hard to imagine how he could have done better for the club without signing a new contract. Think he let Mcinnes know before Christmas he was away.

I think with this situation, GMS I’d be giving him a deadline to tell us one way or the other and then withdraw the offer, as I can’t be arsed with him fucking us about.

When it comes to shinnie, if (and it’s a big if) he’s actually considering staying then I say we give him as long as he likes. I love that man and I don’t think it’s as simple as just going out and replacing him.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think with this situation, GMS I’d be giving him a deadline to tell us one way or the other and then withdraw the offer, as I can’t be arsed with him fucking us about.

When it comes to shinnie, if (and it’s a big if) he’s actually considering staying then I say we give him as long as he likes. I love that man and I don’t think it’s as simple as just going out and replacing him.

Agreed

Although it’s fucking infuriating the way it drags on

GMS is replaceable (McLennan)

Shinnie not so much 

13 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Personally think we should just about write the season off. Get GMS and McGinn to f**k out the team and get McLennan and Campbell in. Agree though, that Shinnie is undropable. Unless he signs for the filth.

lol - yeah you're right lets just down tools and finish 6th.

Honking post.

Edited by red23