The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

23 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

What about the fan going down and giving joe the finger in his face at full time  what fan he is Fucking p***k  but it was funny when the cop put the cuffs on him he just about started to greet 

Lewis hasn't been at his best recently but he's the least deserving of that treatment. Guarantee the c*nt wouldn't have done that without the barrier/stewards there. Joe is about 6ft6 and would've starched him.

Pathetic showing today. Yeah there were 8 men out but sevco haven’t been pumping anyone so why us?

I know we were crap all over the pitch but it also highlighted today what a limited and poor footballer the ‘ ballon d’or ‘ is. Absolute carthorse ( although still better then Curtis fuckin Main!)

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Very unfair joey. I’ve backed mcinnes throughout and I am still conflicted over the situation.

I don’t know if you were there today but a 5-0 was on the cards from minute 1. It was pathetic. I am a massive fan of dereks but we look poor, really poor.

I will support the club so your post is dogshite there for a start.

I want derek to turn it around but today is the first day I’ve doubted that.

Agree with every word Dons_1988

I have backed Mcinnes to the hilt and beleived that he was still the man for the job.

I'm coming around to thinking that is no longer the case.

Pretty shit that as we get our act together off the park, it all starts going Pete Tong on it

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Hark at King Dandy here 

We all pay our money following the club, our opinion is just as valid as yours even if you are one of a dwindling few who can’t see the writing is truly on the wall 

I am no King Dandy, and certainly don’t purport to be. I was frustrated at the result and the predictable reaction from our support. There is no hiding from the fact that it was a terrible result, but I’m not in the vocal minority wanting a change of manager. If people don’t see that Derek McInnes has enough in the bank with his record with us, then nothing I say is going to change their mind. 

2013/14 - 3rd,   Scottish Cup Semi Final,  League Cup Winners,  qualified for Europe

2014/15 - 2nd,  Scottish Cup 4th Round,  League Cup Semi Final,  qualified for Europe

2015/16 - 2nd,   Scottish Cup 4th Round,   League Cup 3rd Round,  qualified for Europe

2016/17 - 2nd,   Scottish Cup  Finalists,   League Cup Finalists,  qualified for Europe

2017/18 - 2nd,  Scottish Cup Semi Final,  League Cup Quarter Final,  qualified for Europe

2018/19 - 4th,   Scottish Cup Semi Final,  League Cup Finalists,  qualified for Europe.

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Tell me the £900k pa is a wind up? That even dwarfs the £800k Swally was taking off us. And at least he filled the stadium every second week. Fucking hell.

First hand info from one of our directors who also said McInnes turned down the Rangers job as they offered him less than he is on here. 

We matched Sunderland's wage offer to keep him here. An absolutely farcical wage given the last couple of seasons. 

Edited by AFCDannyFTH

First hand info from one of our directors who also said McInnes turned down the Rangers job as they offered him less than he is on here. 
We matched Sunderland's wage offer to keep him here. An absolutely farcical wage given the last couple of seasons. 

I know I’m on difficult ground here, much akin to the Willie ‘I got the sack cos I finished second’ Miller chat. But realistically he’ll never win you the league nor get you anywhere near group stages in Europe. Yet he’s pulling probably the realistic wage of three or four decent players out of the club for himself above and beyond what is reasonable. Is there no self awareness?

18 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

No wonder he turned us down if thats true, probably more than we were offering and without the high expectations/pressure. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Very unfair joey. I’ve backed mcinnes throughout and I am still conflicted over the situation.

I don’t know if you were there today but a 5-0 was on the cards from minute 1. It was pathetic. I am a massive fan of dereks but we look poor, really poor.

I will support the club so your post is dogshite there for a start.

I want derek to turn it around but today is the first day I’ve doubted that.

That’s fair 1988, I was helluva frustrated after today, although I wasn’t there but watched on the Rangers TV stream. I know that you’re one of the more supportive fans, but at any rate everyone entitled to their opinion as long as it’s constructive. We need a performance and a result next Saturday.

32 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Aberdeen paying more than Rangers and the same as Sunderland? Heard it first hand from one of our directors? 

It’s always the bit about “Derek McInnes has taken us as far as he can” or “the eye-bleeding football we play now” that I can’t understand. If he has taken us as far as he can, where do our fans realistically think that someone else, whoever that is, can take us? Maybe he has taken us as far as he can, but also maybe he can keep us where he has taken us, instead of “someone else” coming in and taking us back to where we were before. The “eye-bleeding football” one particularly gets me. Given that last season, which only ended a few months ago, he took us to the League Cup Final, the Scottish Cup Semi Final and finished fourth to qualify for Europe playing “eye-bleeding football”, would our fans rather be following the green and white Brazil 1970 and getting absolutely nowhere? I doubt it very much.

12 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/video/derek-mcinnes-post-match-reaction-from-ibrox/

Posting that in here along with the match thread. 

That is a disgrace of an interview. Possibly the most excuses he's ever came out with in one go. Absolutely hung the kids out to dry too, excellent management. 

Be honest , no matter what McInnes said you were going to say it was a disgrace.

Edited by A96

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It’s always the bit about “Derek McInnes has taken us as far as he can” or “the eye-bleeding football we play now” that I can’t understand. If he has taken us as far as he can, where do our fans realistically think that someone else, whoever that is, can take us? Maybe he has taken us as far as he can, but also maybe he can keep us where he has taken us, instead of “someone else” coming in and taking us back to where we were before. The “eye-bleeding football” one particularly gets me. Given that last season, which only ended a few months ago, he took us to the League Cup Final, the Scottish Cup Semi Final and finished fourth to qualify for Europe playing “eye-bleeding football”, would our fans rather be following the green and white Brazil 1970 and getting absolutely nowhere? I doubt it very much.

I didn't realise it was eye bleeding football or Brazil 1970 football.