Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am absolutely shitting myself.

Really that confident that he'll still be with you at the start of the season? I'd expect various offers over the summer. Right money and club, he'll be offski.

Really that confident that he'll still be with you at the start of the season? I'd expect various offers over the summer. Right money and club, he'll be offski.

If he goes, he goes. He wont go on the cheap though and will sign a new contract shortly to give us insurance. He's going to leave at some point. If it's this summer when we've got guys like O'Halloran and Maclean to come in, plus a striker to replace him, then I'll be as relaxed as I can be about it.

Bear in mind, we finished 3rd in the league without him the season before last.

That was before Rotherham got promoted duh and half million hell be away and yous will be fucked :D

:lol: it's cute you think he'll go for half a million. It's also cute how worried you are for us. I'm with Kyle on this, he goes, so be it, I personally don't think he will. I believe he'll sign a new 2 year extension and leave next summer. He's 21 for goodness sake, plenty of time left, he's in no hurry.

I'd be more worried about how crap Gauld and Souttar have become, I know they're young, but man they've been honking recently.

:lol: it's cute you think he'll go for half a million. It's also cute how worried you are for us. I'm with Kyle on this, he goes, so be it, I personally don't think he will. I believe he'll sign a new 2 year extension and leave next summer. He's 21 for goodness sake, plenty of time left, he's in no hurry.

I'd be more worried about how crap Gauld and Souttar have become, I know they're young, but man they've been honking recently.

It is mildly concerning but I doubt someone like Gauld would be able to play like he did for that period of games then become shite overnight. I genuinely believe in the next couple of years he will progress into a cracking player. Souttar I'm less convinced about though I'd be surprised if he isn't deployed in midfield in the near future - I'm not sure he will ever make the grade as a top class centre half.

Gauld and Souttar need to stay off the fucking drink, I see two careers going down the pan if they don't get a grip soon. Their performances have been stinking since they found out about the Union. They both need birds pronto.

Whatever it is with Gauld, he needs to sharpen up because he's an unbelievable talent and he better not squander his talent that the likes of Goodwillie and Riordan have done.

ETA: Deleted part of my post.

Heard a rumour that Gauld has a taste for girls that aren't single.

Whatever it is with him, he needs to sharpen up because he's an unbelievable talent and he better not squander his talent that the likes of Goodwillie and Riordan have done.

Ohh that's never a good thing.

I reckon if I went out in Dundee without my glasses on, I could do a very passable impersonation of Gauld, especially if folk are all drunk. Might try it one night when I get up to Dundee and see where it gets me. :lol:

When United fans are saying Robertson is better than a good player like Rankin, you can understand why I might be hopeful. :lol:

To be fair it was Lex that made that comparison between them, that should have been the sign not to get your hopes up. :P

As for Gauld and Souttar. I've seen them out on the town twice in the past couple of months alone, and while they weren't the only United players out at those times, they certainly seemed far drunker than the rest. As funny as it was on the night we beat Sevco at Ibrox to see Gauld drunkenly bragging about getting away with taking out Moshni and Souttar pished and up dancing on the podium in Liquid despite the fact he shouldn't have been in there in the first place, I hope it turns out to be a phase that they'll shortly realise they'll have to grow out of if they want to live up to their potential or end up like Riordan or O'Connor.

To be fair it was Lex that made that comparison between them, that should have been the sign not to get your hopes up. :P

As for Gauld and Souttar. I've seen them out on the town twice in the past couple of months alone, and while they weren't the only United players out at those times, they were certainly seemed far drunker than the rest. As funny as it was on the night we beat Sevco at Ibrox to see Gauld drunkenly bragging about getting away with taking out Moshni and Souttar pished and up dancing on the podium in Liquid despite the fact he shouldn't have been in there in the first place, I hope it turns out to be a phase that they'll shortly realise they'll have to grow out of if they want to live up to their potential or end up like Riordan or O'Connor.

I've only heard the stories about Gauld and Souttar on here, but they're coming from a number of different posters so I assume there's truth to them.

This is a matter for JMc to address, particularly given their drop in form from the halcyon days of November. He should tell them to get their acts together or they'll be facing a prolonged period out of the first team.

If true, I'm very surprised and disappointed that it's being tolerated by the management.

I expect they try to make sure the management team know as little about it as possible. I think given that the full first team was more or less out at Liquid on the night of the semi-final that McNamara and co probably gave them their blessing to go out and enjoy themselves within reason. However, when I saw them at the Union on St. Paddys day, Gauld, Robertson, McCallum, Ciftci etc were telling people that they weren't meant to be out.

Souttar isn't even eighteen. Bouncers not doing their jobs right IMO/

I saw them out a few times last season, that would have made them 16 & 17. Surely every bouncer in Dundee knows who they are...

problem is yes bouncers will possibly know who they are but the players could also carry fake ID's, and just because you know there a famous footballer dont mean u'll remember their age and another prodigy is 19 and legal age all season aka andy Robertson so its down to the players to not go or the bouncers to atleast check ;)

Andy Robertson's impressive performance for Scotland tonight might make him more of a target for one of the English clubs unfortunately. Only positive would be a sale and loan deal.

Archived