Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get strachan back f**k scotland smith walked away fae scotland to take over in govan again so y not he a better manager now to turn scotland back into a winning side was nothing short of miraculous

Too much punctuation imo.

That's my mate who ran the bar. He didn't see the start of the altercation but could only go on what he saw, the only witness to take that line. I think the court got that particular result right though. He's a bluenose but now works in a Celtic minded pub near Glasgow.#Kharma :whistle

I think I know your mate, formerly of the UC aye?

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink walked past me in Gourock 20 minutes ago. Definitive proof that he's the new Celtic manager, IMO.

He's hear for some golf. Regularly visits Scotland still. He's also a top bloke

Owen Coyle is incredibly unlikeable, after his embarrassing Premier League press conferences in charge of Bolton, which basically involved him acting as an ambassador for the "BEST LEAGUE IN THE WURLD". He also talks really, really fast for no apparent reason.

He's a Scot who chose to represent Ireland, so that's already a point in his favour with Celtic fans. Apart from that he's got f**k all else going.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Tony Adams yet.

Here we go:

I hope 'Lenny' uses this break to seek the help he clearly needs. An average manager, who exploded with rage at the first sign of pressure clearly he is no coach given that he appears to have walked away due to his budget being cut any decent coach could improve their domestic results with his current squad and at the very least be competitive in Europe. I look forward to watching him make a total c**t of his next job.

In some ways Larsson probably would be a sensible appointment.

In all honesty, it barely matters who they appoint. He'll win the League anyway and is unlikely to have as shit a Cup record as Lennon.

It seems set that they'll get easy CL routes now, so getting there ought to happen and flopping miserably once there, appears acceptable.

If they can get away with appointing virtually anyone then, they might as well appoint an intelligent, famous star who will actually improve their wilting gates by virtue of merely standing in the technical area.

They should definitely go for Larsson.

So much bitterness that Lennon has pretty much dominated the Scottish game for over a decade. Same old PnB.

I love Larsson more than I love grieving, candlelight vigils and the IRA, but not sure I want him as manager. I doubt he'll be as astonishingly brilliant as he was as a player and that might be hard to cope with.

So much bitterness that Lennon has pretty much dominated the Scottish game for over a decade. Same old PnB.

I love Larsson more than I love grieving, candlelight vigils and the IRA, but not sure I want him as manager. I doubt he'll be as astonishingly brilliant as he was as a player and that might be hard to cope with.

^^^ holding a candal lit vigil for popcorn teeths resignation while draped in a Southern Ireland flag type post...

:lol:

It's a great time to give someone a chance they basically have a free year. I hope they give it to McNamara it might be the only way we get a smile out of that miserable fud.

In some ways Larsson probably would be a sensible appointment.

In all honesty, it barely matters who they appoint. He'll win the League anyway and is unlikely to have as shit a Cup record as Lennon.

It seems set that they'll get easy CL routes now, so getting there ought to happen and flopping miserably once there, appears acceptable.

If they can get away with appointing virtually anyone then, they might as well appoint an intelligent, famous star who will actually improve their wilting gates by virtue of merely standing in the technical area.

They should definitely go for Larsson.

Really don't understand all this cup record stuff - it seems to be all that's left over after the "Lennon must succeed in Europe or be a failure".

I'd have liked to have seen Lennon's team win a lot more cups, and they should've done with the resources available, but you can't always get what you want. All in all, the football's mostly been good quality despite big budget cuts; the European record is probably better than could be expected and his teams have won the league with games to spare.

A few more cup wins aside, I'm not sure what else the lad could've done.

Really don't understand all this cup record stuff - it seems to be all that's left over after the "Lennon must succeed in Europe or be a failure".

I'd have liked to have seen Lennon's team win a lot more cups, and they should've done with the resources available, but you can't always get what you want. All in all, the football's mostly been good quality despite big budget cuts; the European record is probably better than could be expected and his teams have won the league with games to spare.

A few more cup wins aside, I'm not sure what else the lad could've done.

I'll turn that on its head. I'm not sure how the lad could have achieved a lot less.

He couldn't have not won the league - simply impossible. Mowbray, Barnes or even McCoist would have won the league in those circumstances.

That leaves Europe and the Cups.

In Europe, they did well last season. This time, they came close to calamity, but instead limped into the acceptable zone before crumbling.

In the Cups, they've been pitiful. They can afford to lose league games, but so can their opponents - indeed most will have written off the points beforehand. In Cup ties though, Celtic needed to win on the day and repeatedly couldn't, against much much smaller and weaker clubs.

If they appointed you tomorrow, they'd do no worse than under Lennon and possibly a little better.

Archived