What Was The Last Game You Played?

19QOS19

Life is Strange. Brilliant. Similar in style to Telltale Games (I loved The Walking Dead) featuring a girl who can rewind time. I think the fact it's got a teenage girl as the main character might put off people, but it's definitely worth sticking with.

Episode 5 should be out in the next month or so. Can't wait.

I picked up the first episode on the cheap during the summer sale; will give it a go after I've finished punishing myself with terrible old adventure games.

...although I've just played through Grim Fandango Remastered, which definitely isn't in that category. Possibly the best old-skool adventure made, and I didn't remember much of it from back in the day, so it was thoroughly enjoyable. It's very much just a remaster, not a remake - it's been tidied up to work on modern machines, but the only real difference is that the character models are sharper and the music has been redone. Double Fine included that nice Monkey Island-style feature where you can press a button and switch between classic and new modes, but the differences are negligible.

Tim Schaefer made some comments recently about how, if there ever was a follow-up, he'd like it to be an open-world game, which is exactly what I was thinking as I was playing. You really want to explore more of the world and hear Manny interact with its characters. Shame it'll likely never happen.

Bloodborne

I made the step up to PS4 and this is the first game I purchased.

And, aye, holy s*** this game is difficult.

200.gif

But, it's so addictive in the way we've come to expect From Software and, I was slightly wary of the move from Dark Souls II sort of apocalyptic medieval setting / I don't know, to the sort of Victorian setting, but it's still as unsettling and chilling as an environment to play in.

Also, got FIFA 16 thrown in when I purchased my PS4 and enjoying it :)

Edited by ScotlandGer

• 4 weeks later...

Mad Professor Mariarti - been wanting to play through this since playing a one level demo 25 years ago. Finally done :lol:

Old-skool Atari/Amiga platformer by Krisalis Software about the titular prof trying to shut down his out-of-control experiments. Differs a little from games of the time as there's a puzzle element, with certain items needing to be found in order to fix/create/alter other items, with the final aim of cutting power to each lab. Nice idea, and pretty entertaining for what it is, but the controls are very sensitive and it's easy to die quite cheaply (like in a lot of older games). Praise be for modern emulation and save states, as I don't have the patience for spending weeks learning pattern movement anymore.

(I played through the Amiga version, if anyone cares; the Atari ST version doesn't scroll horizontally and uses a flip-screen format instead, which doesn't make the game any easier.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got to the second last level of Dragon Age but having your power constantly go up and then going down to 0 again when doing a mission annoyed me. I know it meant that it tried to give side quests meaning but it sort of felt like it defeated the purpose of side quests. It felt like boring busy work because the developers couldn't think of a way to pad out the story so made side quests pretty much compulsory.

Just finished Valiant hearts , got it free with gold a while back and just got round to playing it. Really suprised at just how good it was even after hearing good things about it when it was released. Not really in to puzzle/platform games but i'd say this is in the top ten games i've played since getting my Xbox One.

Yup, finished Bloodborne last night and, tbh, I'm slightly pleased I'm finished as it is an exhausting game.

Don't get me wrong, it's genuinely outstanding, brilliant.

But I'm slightly glad it's completed as I found it really difficult.

I loved the story and the way in which it is told, but there was something slightly lacking in the tone, atmosphere,etc.

In honesty, Dark Souls II is one of my favourite games, and I think I was probably holding Bloodborne to high expectations which is probably unfair in retrospect.

All in all, I'd go 8/10

Next up for my main game, is Witcher 3

200.gif

Edited by ScotlandGer

Yup, finished Bloodborne last night and, tbh, I'm slightly pleased I'm finished as it is an exhausting game.

Don't get me wrong, it's genuinely outstanding, brilliant.

But I'm slightly glad it's completed as I found it really difficult.

I loved the story and the way in which it is told, but there was something slightly lacking in the tone, atmosphere,etc.

In honesty, Dark Souls II is one of my favourite games, and I think I was probably holding Bloodborne to high expectations which is probably unfair in retrospect.

All in all, I'd go 8/10

Next up for my main game, is Witcher 3

200.gif

Just started my second playthrough , didn't get round to finishing it when it first came out so started it again from the beginning. The best game currently available this gen imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing Sunset Overdrive the last few days. It's great fun. Jumping, Grinding and shooting bad guys. Reminds me of Crackdown which was one of my favourite games on the 360. Also doesn't take itself too seriously and has a lot of cool references. Not bad for £20.

Been playing Sunset Overdrive the last few days. It's great fun. Jumping, Grinding and shooting bad guys. Reminds me of Crackdown which was one of my favourite games on the 360. Also doesn't take itself too seriously and has a lot of cool references. Not bad for £20.

I completed it but I really didn't get into it. Have no idea why though.

• 2 weeks later...