Heart of Midlothian 2014-

yeah that's what I mean. nobody will give him anything close to what he's on just now.

Which would mean the resultant deal would have see Hearts take a hit for an amount roughly equivalent to the gap between what he's on and what he can now get.

I implicitly suggested a 50:50 split on a loan deal or paying him off with half a season's wages

50% may be too pessimistic or too optimistic but Craig Levein will be better placed to judge how strong his hand is than we are.

The club's latest statement is a masterpiece. We've signed players. But it's a secret.

It's actually saying we've not quite signed them officially yet and will tell you when we have...

Following on from various reports in the media, Heart of Midlothian Football Club would like to confirm the following.

The club can confirm it is in negotiation with a number of players.

Some, we have reached an agreement with. However, until these players have signed for the club and have been officially registered, we will not be confirming or denying any names

:lol:

Why put that out?

Basically it's explaining why they're neither confirming nor denying any rumours.

To be honest I hadn't heard of any of these "various reports"  but a quick check shows that the Scotsman reckon we've got goalkeeper Matt Gilks from Burnley.

Not a lot we can do if he's under contract and doesn't agree some kind of termination/pay off.

Ahem...

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5175

Soufian El Hassnaoui has left Hearts after having his contract terminated by mutual consent.

The Moroccan forward’s season never got off the ground after suffering a series of injuries, which restricted his overall appearances to 19, with four goals scored, since joining the club in 2014.

Speaking to Hearts News, head coach Robbie Neilson wished him all the best.

"It was a difficult period for Soufian, due to the injuries that he picked up,†he said. “He was very unlucky here and never really got to show what he was capable of.

“He’s a talented player and I hope he gets to show it wherever he goes.

“We wish him all the best in the future.â€

It's actually saying we've not quite signed them officially yet and will tell you when we have...

Following on from various reports in the media, Heart of Midlothian Football Club would like to confirm the following.

The club can confirm it is in negotiation with a number of players.

Some, we have reached an agreement with. However, until these players have signed for the club and have been officially registered, we will not be confirming or denying any names

Basically it's explaining why they're neither confirming nor denying any rumours.

To be honest I hadn't heard of any of these "various reports" but a quick check shows that the Scotsman reckon we've got goalkeeper Matt Gilks from Burnley.

Since when do clubs come out and address rumours officially through the website? I have never seen that before?

Since when do clubs come out and address rumours officially through the website? I have never seen that before?

Please don't speculate about Hearts putting out a statement about neither confirming or denying speculation Dom - the Budge will get cross and put a statement on the website neither confirming or denying speculation about why Hearts have put out a statement neither confirming or denying speculation. 

wtaf did I just write. 

QLFMjQU.png

I'm pretty sure hearts have done this kind of thing before. It certainly happened when rumours about imminent progress towards exiting administration surfaced so maybe I'm getting muddled up.

Right decision to cut our losses on El Hass.

Feel sorry for him and I really think he could've been a decent player for us if he could remain fit for any decent period of time. 

It's a new day now. Have you all calmed down yet and got over the fact your club are the biggest bottlers in football history?

What you up to the night, mate?

Patterson linked with Bristol City today.

Lustigs legs have gone, wouldn't mind seeing him at Celtic tbh.

I'd be happy to sell one of him or Walker to bring in a bit of cash and continue building. Only one, mind you. United have shown what happens if you sell too many too quickly.

I'd be happy to sell one of him or Walker to bring in a bit of cash and continue building. Only one, mind you. United have shown what happens if you sell too many too quickly.

Very true, although whoever seems to be scouting players for hearts of late has picked out a few gems.

Very true, although whoever seems to be scouting players for hearts of late has picked out a few gems.

Ups and downs. Some of our signings have been a bit left-field. I'm not sure why we've signed Cowie, for example. Decent player, but getting on and I just don't really get it. We still haven't really nailed a striker yet. That will probably be the priority over the summer.

So far, overall, pretty good. We've signed players who have done a job. We're still missing quite a bit going forward though.

Don't think we'd sell to Celtic unless we had no other options. No point strengthening teams that we want to get closer to, plus Callum wants to go to England when he moves on.

I'd rather see him sign an extension and stay for a while longer but I have a feeling he'll be off in the summer.