Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Keatings is far superior than Reilly. Not just goal scoring but a better player all round.

No stat suggests that at all, both are pish IMO but if i was made to pick i'd pick Reilly his link up play is far superior to keatings who is a gready wee b*****d that will put 1 in 5 chances away

Regardless of Reilly's ability, Keatings still wouldn't get into our team. It's why we let him go, it's why he's still in the Championship.

Edit: Scratch that last bit, going to Hibs is why he's in the Championship.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Well you'd have to be completely deluded to think stokes isn't better than Keatings and Reilly.

So I suppose you do then?

Stokes SHOULD be better than both of those players, but tbh I'm not getting it.

Keatings has spent most of his time on the bench but has a comparible (probably better when you work out minutes on the pitch) goals to games ratio.

Even Cummings hasn't looked himself since he arrived in January.

Stokes SHOULD be better than both of those players, but tbh I'm not getting it.

Keatings has spent most of his time on the bench but has a comparible (probably better when you work out minutes on the pitch) goals to games ratio.

Even Cummings hasn't looked himself since he arrived in January.

I get that but when you compare him to Djedje last season, Dagnall this season. At least he's contributing in terms of assists when he's not scoring. Cummings screwed the nut for a few months and was on fire. Then Riordan came into training, Thomson came back and stokes signed. That's a lethal combination at any club. Riordan basically openly admitted yesterday that he's an Arse, Thomson is a shit stirring shitebag and stokes has previous for having a shite attitude. All of which seems to have rubbed of on Cummings recently culminating in that penalty miss. I stand by the fact stokes has been okay for us since signing but I get what you mean regarding Cummings but I don't think the sole blame for that can be laid at stokes door.

Keatings is far superior than Reilly. Not just goal scoring but a better player all round.

What a load of pish :lol:  In the same league Reilly scored more goals last year and his all round play is better than Keatings.

He's not scored that many this year because he's had decent players in front of him, but when he has played his workrate and link up play has been good and his run in the team was a catalyst for some of our best performances this season.

All that said, I'm not convinced he'll make it with us, but neither did Keatings.  Hearts fans are in a far better position to compare the two players than a Hibs fan who's seen Reilly about 4 times.

I get that but when you compare him to Djedje last season, Dagnall this season. At least he's contributing in terms of assists when he's not scoring. Cummings screwed the nut for a few months and was on fire. Then Riordan came into training, Thomson came back and stokes signed. That's a lethal combination at any club. Riordan basically openly admitted yesterday that he's an Arse, Thomson is a shit stirring shitebag and stokes has previous for having a shite attitude. All of which seems to have rubbed of on Cummings recently culminating in that penalty miss. I stand by the fact stokes has been okay for us since signing but I get what you mean regarding Cummings but I don't think the sole blame for that can be laid at stokes door.

I reckon Hibs would have gone up if Stokes wasn't brought in. Hibs were going along fine until he arrived. 100% would've finished no worse than 2nd.

Riordan has been an arse all his life. Wouldn't have him anywhere near young, impressionable players at ANY club.

Thomson.....to think there was chat of him coming to Hearts before he went to Dundee. If there was any truth in that, it's fair to say we dodged a bullet. Poisonous individual, rotten to the core.

Question I'd want to ask if I was a Hibs fan......WHO THE F*** IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE THREE COMING INTO THE CLUB?

Stubbs? Petrie? Dempster?

Juanma has been playing well.  Loves a moan and has to cut out the theatrics but 14 goals for his first season isn't bad, expect him to better that if given the chance next season.

I think his goal against Saint Johnstone is being credited as an OG so that technically makes 13, I saw nothing wrong with his disallowed goal against Partick so I'm happy to call it 14.

The narrative of the first half of the season seemed to be a competition between Juanma and Sow for top billing, a battle that he was clearly on top of to begin with. Eventually losing out to Sow is no disgrace. 

Sow's departure should have been the time for him to come into his own but he was clearly struggling with injuries (he may not get fouled quite as often as he makes out but he does get fouled a lot) through the early part of the new year. Reilly had to step up from understudy to play up front alone against Aberdeen in the cup for the first 80 minutes and Juanma didn't even play in the Home Derby.

Maybe if he'd been fitter in January and February our good season could have been great, Maybe if Ozturk hadn't needed surgery, Maybe if...

But that way lies madness

I don't think he's been given a fair chance at Hearts. He still has time to come good.

He does most of the basics right. Goals don't bother me if a striker can bring the rest of the midfield into play and I think his hold up play is excellent, not to mention he can play on the shoulder quite well. I just think his weakness is that he can't play up front by himself. Dauda and Juanma unfortunately were just not complimentary to him as partnership and he suffered for it the moment Sow left.