Heart of Midlothian 2014-

You can buy the best seat available just now and then get a move to a better seat when the second phase starts, but with the bonus of having the lower phase 1 prices.

I'd thought that was just applicable for those renewing, if that's not the case then that's an excellent shout, cheers!

Better (or cheaper) than Macdonald?

Looks a good move to be fair, although personally would rather have Macdonald.

We're effectively signing one player to do two roles at the club. I agree wholeheartedly that MacDonald is a better player, but I'm not so sure that he would be anywhere near the level of a coach that Alexander could be, who strikes me as a more effective all-rounder in the sticks anyway.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

The players you have signed so far wont b cheap and have noticed some have got 3 year deals which is uncommon at this level

That is not a reason for the wages being high. Gomis got a two year deal with the option of a third. Nobody else has been offered anything other than a guaranteed two year deal. You are completely basing everything here on assumption.

The players you have signed so far wont b cheap and have noticed some have got 3 year deals which is uncommon at this level

Alexander is on a one year deal.

The players on three year deals are younger players. If they develop and perform well, then the Hearts are in a better position to sell them on.

All the players Hearts have brought in seem like good signings to me. Even the coaches have International experience.

Neil Alexander! Hearts overspending a bit?

Overspending!! Remember we had the lowest budget in the top league before we binned Mcdonald etc.

There will be no overspending, I'd imagine we could double last seasons budget and still be within 50% of turnover.

Good signing for Hearts. They are building a strong team for this season. It's obviously a concern for Rangers fans such as myself.

Alexander didn't pull off incredible saves like Allan McGregor but he was still a quality goalkeeper for Rangers, making very few mistakes. His high wages whilst Rangers were in the 3rd Division meant his spell at the club inevitably came to an end.

At 36 a goalkeeper easily has a few seasons left in the tank and he'll do well for Hearts but I really don't get why they didn't try to sign Gordon? Maybe they did? He could also have taken the coaching role and got some much needed games. Instead, after a long spell out of the game he's going to sit on the bench at Celtic? Baffling.

Would anyone gamble on having Craig Gordon as a #1 keeper though?

I'm sure you'd have him at Greenock Morton in a heartbeat, lol. :)

If Rangers didn't have Bell, he would be an ideal replacement. I doubt he would miss many games, if any at all.

I believe he was offered a contract at Tynecastle and then Celtic offered £6k per week and blew Hearts out of the water,Whether the same offer is available with the change of managers at Celric I dont know

It is interesting that Gordon still hasn't signed for Celtic given that it seemed a done deal even when there wasn't a manager there. Pleased to get Alexander though. Team is shaping up nicely now.

I'd say we need a back up GK now unless we go with Hamilton which I would doubt.

A centre half to play next to Wilson, a RB and another CM are also a must and another option for the wing is also on my shopping list!

Keep em coming HMFC! :)

Edited by Jambo Stu