Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 hour ago, Cmac1869 said:

Do you Hearts fans not find it strange how you have Ali Crawford only on trial but are signing random folk out the phone book before him. Why isn’t he being offered a deal. Clearly has ability. 

Why is it random out the phone book? Because you don't know them?

Crawford has had a while out injured, maybe they want to see what state he's in before handing out a deal.

Edited by Tony Wonder

8 hours ago, Cmac1869 said:

Do you Hearts fans not find it strange how you have Ali Crawford only on trial but are signing random folk out the phone book before him. Why isn’t he being offered a deal. Clearly has ability. 

I find it a wee bit strange that we're giving solid contracts to punts from other leagues, but are only giving Crawford a trial, aye - are there not doubts over his allegedly dodgy knees or something, though? 

9 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I find it a wee bit strange that we're giving solid contracts to punts from other leagues, but are only giving Crawford a trial, aye - are there not doubts over his allegedly dodgy knees or something, though? 

He seemed to spend the majority of last season injured, and apparently spent the last six months telling any Scottish club who approached him that he'd be moving down South. 

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

With his injury record he’d be the very definition of “taking a punt”

Indeed, a 27yo with injury problems who's spent his whole career at a smaller club. 

Strange how people think that would be a no brainer signing for Hearts. 

To be fair, Crawford isn’t a 6’3 hammer throwing diddy so you can see why Levein is wanting a look at him first. If he sees that he can potentially transform him into a defensive minded hatchet man with a penchant for aimless hoofs up the park then rest assured, Crawford will be offered a three year deal.

10 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

To be fair, Crawford isn’t a 6’3 hammer throwing diddy so you can see why Levein is wanting a look at him first. If he sees that he can potentially transform him into a defensive minded hatchet man with a penchant for aimless hoofs up the park then rest assured, Crawford will be offered a three year deal.

I'm not expecting us to sign Crawford, sadly, as we've already signed Edwards, Lee, and Bozanic in there. 

45 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

transform him into a defensive minded hatchet man with a penchant for aimless hoofs up the park

Are we ***officially*** declaring the 2018/19 Hearts/Hibs trolling season open then m8s?

21-01-18-william-hill-scottish-cup-4th-r

Is that 14 signings?

Serious question and not a dig, but where are Hearts getting the money? Granted the majority of the signings are complete jobbies but I am rather curious, are you overspending again? I thought the FOH money was going to the stand debt?

Is that 14 signings?

Serious question and not a dig, but where are Hearts getting the money? Granted the majority of the signings are complete jobbies but I am rather curious, are you overspending again? I thought the FOH money was going to the stand debt?

I think we could take down the back of our sofas and pay for these boys to be fair

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Guess he was maybe an option B if we couldn't secure Naismith's return. We'll not be signing him now.

29 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Is that 14 signings?

Establishment club, mate. Money coming out of our ears. Lat's hope Craig can spend it wisely.

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Naismith is a decent signing if he has signed. If he comes in and scores 5 goals then that could be the difference between hearts finishing 9th instead of 10th this season.

Whatever he is costing, it will be money well spent if he can make a proper job of "marking" Scott Brown

Forgive me if I'm missing something but was Naismith not uninspiring at best when he was here? I remember thinking that he was practically anonymous during the game at Dens and bar a derby goal and a hatchet job on Scott Brown nothing else is coming to mind for his time here. Certainly nothing to justify 5k a week or whatever you're paying to cover his wage.