We are not even second rate, if you take the real giants as first rate then there is at least one other level of team way above us. Teams able to pay three or four times what we can. Take Spurs for example, they are no way a true giant of European football but have massive resources compared to us.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Celtic fans on here seem very unwilling to accept that their Club are filed under "also rans" when it comes to European competition these days........somewhat ironic that a lack of money is the reason given their access to greater resources domestically.

Some Celtic fans on here seem very unwilling to accept that their Club are filed under "also rans" when it comes to European competition these days........somewhat ironic that a lack of money is the reason given their access to greater resources domestically.

which ones? It looks to me like most Celtic fans on.here know exactly what and where we are in the grand scheme of things.

Excellent post. Nail right on the head.

Using Wiki to disguise your ignorance is a sure fire way to win an argument. Well played.

In the real world, Celtic are a second rate team in a third rate league. They might be a big fish in Scotland but they are a small fish most other places. Appointing Deila seems to match the strategy they have been trying to implement over the last few years with the players they have brought in, in that they are scouting for potential and taking risks. If it pays off, it pays off big. If it doesn't pay off, they'll still be head and shoulders above the domestic competition.

They could of course have appointed Malky Mackay or Roy Keane and flooded the team with over rated, over paid players from the second level of English football. That would definitely have shown ambition.

As opposed to signing under rated over paid clowns from the bowels of Europe and Africa ? If it wasn't for wiki/google etc how would we ever know who these no marks are and which diddy kong teams they have come from?

Who's over paid and under rated?

How can you over pay an under rated player? They're earning more money than people think they should, but they're actually worth it as they're under rated?

No player at Celtic is underpaid.

Hi chaps, I'm concerned for Celtic fans and the standard of player Delia will attract. If State Aid as expected comes to the fore and the Co-op ask Celtic to pay proper interest rates on the £36m loan currently secured against Breezeblock assets, where is the transfer budget going to come from.? That plus the carry on with the loose Van Dijk, Goonie Griffiths, Samaras off hire, Stokesy's possible jail time and Forsters transfer inevitable, it's going be one poor season if those CL qualifiers aren't surpassed. Yep, I worry for Celtic.........your club is going backwards and Rangers are coming..........

Hi chaps, I'm concerned for Celtic fans and the standard of player Delia will attract. If State Aid as expected comes to the fore and the Co-op ask Celtic to pay proper interest rates on the £36m loan currently secured against Breezeblock assets, where is the transfer budget going to come from.? That plus the carry on with the loose Van Dijk, Goonie Griffiths, Samaras off hire, Stokesy's possible jail time and Forsters transfer inevitable, it's going be one poor season if those CL qualifiers aren't surpassed. Yep, I worry for Celtic.........your club is going backwards and Rangers are coming..........

post-55327-0-14236000-1402653999_thumb.j

Good to see you back, last time i recall you posted you insisted Gary Hooper was going to flop at parkhead....

Got a good feeling about ronny ,he will recruit some good players I'm sure ,his big problem is cl qualification ,I really hope he succeeds ,because I think this guy may well deliver

You kid yourself mate.

Why don't you do the board a favour and become a steward. Then you can watch Ronny ruin the team for free and beat up the green brigade at the same time. MODERN FOOTBALL IS SHIT.

Archived