roy%20keane%20celtic.jpg

freddie-ljungberg-537909089.jpg

We changed our strategy after this. Finally realised that sort term measures lose you more money than gain in shirt sales etc. Ljungberb played 7 games for something in 2011. he was the last of the high paid past it players, Keane about 10 in 2005-06. took out massive wages. The club seem to mainly buy in younger players to sell on for a profit these days. which I'm more than happy with.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there are a few Celtic fans on here who keep an eye on the younger teams so do you know much about Connor McLaren, who I believe has signed for Saints? See he was involved in the UEFA Youth League last season and has played for Scotland too.

I know there are a few Celtic fans on here who keep an eye on the younger teams so do you know much about Connor McLaren, who I believe has signed for Saints? See he was involved in the UEFA Youth League last season and has played for Scotland too.

Think McLaren is a sort of tricky winger/striker, scored a lot of goals at u-17 level last season and as you said stepped up and got some playing time at u-19/20s, believe that he had one really bad game against The Rangers at u-17s, may have been in the Glasgow Cup, and lost momentum after that and slipped out of the team which in the end led to him being one of the handful released at the end of the season.

Signed anyone apart from Gordon yet?

No, hardly even been linked to anyone, seems just now the immediate additions to the team will be young players we had out on loan last season, McGregor and McGeouch in particular have both looked really good in the pre-season matches so far.

We can't compete with teams from any of the top leagues so if Werder are actually interested we can forget it.

The only way he'd come to Celtic over Werder is the prospect of European football

We desperately need to strengthen our squad.

To what end, this is pretty much going to be through team that walked the league last season. We are not going to be able to make a big enough impact in Europe to justify spending big. I do think a couple of signing would be nice but its hardly desperate.

Dunno if you ever really got an answer to this, but he's talked about in a wee bit more depth on here..

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/9098656/1/

Apparently he's a winger in similar style to James Forrest. Apparently scored lots in the Glasgow Cup before they lost 2-1 to Rangers, and he never got a chance after that. Apparently it was a mutual decision for him to leave rather than just being released, and Dundee United also hold/held an interest in him. He seemingly wants to be start being more involved with the senior squad.

Surprised Celtic released Lewis Kidd by the way, seemed a massive prospect. Presume its purely the injuries he suffered that "ruined" him?

Archived