Confirmed Transfers 2014/2015

Smurph

I don't think anyone is really questioning Spurs' side of this deal. It's Vorm's side of the deal that that makes me wonder. I thought that he may well have wanted to go somewhere else and play first team football.

He'll get a fairly hefty wage rise I imagine. So it makes sense from that point of view. It's a decent move by Spurs as Friedel is past it as even a backup.

Spurs are in a really bad position - they are competing for 6th place in the league, which brings little in the way of riches. And they are unlikely even to get that. So they face maintaining an expensive squad that is going to reach the Europa League and dick about with Everton for the also ran positions.

I'm not sure where they go from here.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Vorm and Friedel the best back-up in the EPL?! Can't think of many that come even close.

ETA: Courtois backing up Cech or vice versa, but I can't see either of them being in the same Chelsea squad any time soon such is the quality of them both.

Try to win the Europa League so they can qualify for the Champions League?

Maybe.. I guess that has to be the plan, but I'm not sure their expectations are realistic enough. And that you can spend decent money to roll the dice like this.

I've heard Spurs fans say with Pocchetino there now, he can take them back to the Harry Redknapp level they previously enjoyed, but that's pie in the sky stuff, even allowing for the fact he's a very good manager.

All of Man City, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea will definitely be above them, and Liverpool are almost certainly going to be also.

In league terms Spurs are marooned in the second tier.

Mourinho has told them they're both staying at that's that, apparently.

Lloris signied a new deal at the start of the month tae. Like I say, Vorm is a strange buy

I don't think anyone is really questioning Spurs' side of this deal. It's Vorm's side of the deal that that makes me wonder. I thought that he may well have wanted to go somewhere else and play first team football.

I realised that after I posted it but couldn't be arsed editing it :lol:

Deeboy, on 24 Jul 2014 - 22:33, said:

I don't see it as a strange buy at all. They can rotate the keepers and have a top flight quality keeper between the stcks every single game.

That wasn't the case before.

Friedel despite his age, can still go. He may not be good enough for a top 6 team but he was still easily better than some of the pish in the Prem and depending on how much he's declined since I last seen him, I'd say even at his age he's still got the quality to produce in that league.

I doubt Spurs would've spent 'big money' on him tbh, probably somewhere in the region of £2-3m.

I've read somewhere that Sigurdsson was part of that deal so Spurs have potentially got money out of it.

If anything happens to Lloris, they've got a ready made replacement in Vorm rather than relying on an aging (but still good) keeper in Friedel.

I do agree they need a centre back to partner Vertonghen though, Dawson & Kaboul just aren't good enough for where Spurs want to get to.

We spent a total of £5 million on Davies and Vorm with Sigurdsson going the othe other way.

On your point of Dawson, we agreed a fee with Hull a few weeks ago but Dawson refused to leave due to still having two years left to run on his contract and would be on substantionaly more money at Spurs.

Apparently now trying to do a swap deal with Villa for Vlaar coming in and Dawson going the other way.

At this rate are Southampton going to have any players left?

They are really having a proper gut out, massive job for Koeman to rebuild them. Looks absolutely certain Lovren and Osvaldo will be sold this Summer.

Honest_Man#1, on 25 Jul 2014 - 12:13, said:

I think they should have signed Speroni tbh. Would have displaced Lloris from the first team no problem.

^ Speroni fanboy IMO.

They are really having a proper gut out, massive job for Koeman to rebuild them. Looks absolutely certain Lovren and Osvaldo will be sold this Summer.

Tottenham and Arsenal are also being linked with a move for Schneiderlin, with Southampton wanting £27 million for him. If they sell all of the players linked with moves away, the money they would take in could be astonishing.

Luke Shaw - £30 million

Rickie Lambert - £4 million

Adam Lallana - £25 million

Dejan Lovren - £20 million

Dani Osvaldo - no idea what they would get for him, they paid £15 million for him!

Tottenham and Arsenal are also being linked with a move for Schneiderlin, with Southampton wanting £27 million for him. If they sell all of the players linked with moves away, the money they would take in could be astonishing.

Luke Shaw - £30 million

Rickie Lambert - £4 million

Adam Lallana - £25 million

Dejan Lovren - £20 million

Dani Osvaldo - no idea what they would get for him, they paid £15 million for him!

Callum Chambers has also been linked with Arsenal for £16 million. I've never heard of him.

Archived