Confirmed Transfers 2014/2015

Smurph

Fuckin hell. You're not making sense anymore.

The world must be a strange and confusing place to someone with your condition.

If you can't handle the footballing debate aspect of this, uh, football forum maybe you should return to the kind of discussions that take place in a group circle.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So playing for a team that wins the league means Kompany didn't make game changing mistakes against Barcelona in the Champions League and Argentina in the World Cup? In addition to other Premier League games?

He had attackers that bailed him out in many games, and Demichelis bailed him out plenty in the second half of the season (including acting a lighting rod to any criticism).

8Mile said that Arsenal need a defender like Kompany. We can all agree that Kompany is a better defender than Mertesacker (and Koscielny) so would improve their defence. So why are you going on about his mistakes at the World Cup and Champions League when it has f**k all to do with the topic of conversation?

In terms of individual performance, Kompany absolutely was not better than either Mertesacker or Koscielny last season, he was far more mistake prone than either, especially during the second half of the season. Those that think he did obviously paid too much attention to the shite media rhetoric and not enough to what was actually happening on the pitch.

For the spine of Man City's defence (Hart, Kompany and Di Michelis) to be more prone to mistakes and have worse seasons than Arsenals, they done exceptionally well to concede less goals.

Who mentioned Hart and Demichelis? Demechelis had a good season, the second half especially where he was excellent.

Goals conceded also relies on a lot more than just the centrebacks and keeper. It's TEAM goals conceded, which includes the whole team, and has to consider the quality of the full backs (City have better), the protection given by the midfield (City's provides far greater protection due to the way they're set-up) and the way the team plays in general. Watching three centrebacks and realising two are performing better than the other individually doesn't require any of these considerations, merely that you use your eyes and watch how they're playing.

Mertesacker and Koscielny both performed better than Kompany. Especially between the period of January and now,

Anybody struggling to wrap their head around Vorm signing for Spurs? Lloris just signed a new deal and Friedel is there for another year. Strange!

Not really, if Spurs want to have aspirations of breaking into the top 4 then you need to have depth all over the park.

Having a keeper the quality of Vorm supplementing Lloris can only be a good thing.

Not really, if Spurs want to have aspirations of breaking into the top 4 then you need to have depth all over the park.

Having a keeper the quality of Vorm supplementing Lloris can only be a good thing.

Wasting big money on a back-up goalkeeper when you already have an experienced and capable one on your books doesn't seem like a great use of their budget. Unless they're selling Lloris, that money (particularly the wages) could be better spent on signing a capable right-back and/or centre-back to replace some of the rubbish they have at the moment.

I know Mathieu can probably act as a cover for centre half but you've got to admire Barcelona's commitment to not signing a real replacement at centre half.

I reckon he'll be playing centre-back with Pique, tbh.

Bojan to Stoke is an interesting move. He burst onto the scene a few years ago but has never really built on it since. If he has a few decent games on cold Tuesday nights who knows what he could do...

I know Mathieu can probably act as a cover for centre half but you've got to admire Barcelona's commitment to not signing a real replacement at centre half.

Will be surprised if he's cover. Regular starter imo, might see Mascherano fill in every so often. Pique and Mathieu should be the pairing they go for.

Wasting big money on a back-up goalkeeper when you already have an experienced and capable one on your books doesn't seem like a great use of their budget. Unless they're selling Lloris, that money (particularly the wages) could be better spent on signing a capable right-back and/or centre-back to replace some of the rubbish they have at the moment.

I doubt Spurs would've spent 'big money' on him tbh, probably somewhere in the region of £2-3m.

I've read somewhere that Sigurdsson was part of that deal so Spurs have potentially got money out of it.

If anything happens to Lloris, they've got a ready made replacement in Vorm rather than relying on an aging (but still good) keeper in Friedel.

I do agree they need a centre back to partner Vertonghen though, Dawson & Kaboul just aren't good enough for where Spurs want to get to.

I doubt Spurs would've spent 'big money' on him tbh, probably somewhere in the region of £2-3m.

I've read somewhere that Sigurdsson was part of that deal so Spurs have potentially got money out of it.

If anything happens to Lloris, they've got a ready made replacement in Vorm rather than relying on an aging (but still good) keeper in Friedel.

I do agree they need a centre back to partner Vertonghen though, Dawson & Kaboul just aren't good enough for where Spurs want to get to.

I'm sure it was roughly 5million and Sigurdsson wasn't part of the same deal. Maybe mistaken though.

I don't think anyone is really questioning Spurs' side of this deal. It's Vorm's side of the deal that that makes me wonder. I thought that he may well have wanted to go somewhere else and play first team football.

Archived