Are You a Fighter?

I've only been involved in one 'fight' which was incredibly one sided affair seeing as the two drunk kids which started on me looked to be under 16 and I would probably have got hammered by the law had I done anything to them. I suppose that could be classed as simply 'getting jumped' although when one first squared up, I kind of stupidly said "'Mon then!" which had them running down the opposite end of the street. Unfortunately they decided to catch up with me and I sport a nice eyebrow scar from a kid. :(

I reported it to the police (seeing as it was a right A&E job gusher) but they managed to do f*** all about it. Next time I saw the guy was earlier this year (a couple of years later) on the megabus on the way back from the League Cup final. I was in the seat next to the stairway when this same instantly recognisable guy decided to fall down them headfirst whilst obviously intoxicated. As he lay there upside down, stuck under his own (over)weight and probably hurt but too drunk to feel it very much, I just sat back, watched and enjoyed the moment even though others around me were clearly giving me the "aren't you going to help the poor guy?!" look. Should I feel guilty? Probably. Do I? Absolutely not.

Had a few wee scuffles playing football but thats about it, do pretty well to stay out of fights too in Arbroath, most weekends its like a royal fucking rumble thanks to the c***s from the Marine base that come out being monumentous p***ks looking to scrap with anyone they can. <_<

do they bring their pillow cases full of soap :lol:

I've only been involved in one 'fight' which was incredibly one sided affair seeing as the two drunk kids which started on me looked to be under 16 and I would probably have got hammered by the law had I done anything to them. I suppose that could be classed as simply 'getting jumped' although when one first squared up, I kind of stupidly said "'Mon then!" which had them running down the opposite end of the street. Unfortunately they decided to catch up with me and I sport a nice eyebrow scar from a kid. :(

I reported it to the police (seeing as it was a right A&E job gusher) but they managed to do f*** all about it. Next time I saw the guy was earlier this year (a couple of years later) on the megabus on the way back from the League Cup final. I was in the seat next to the stairway when this same instantly recognisable guy decided to fall down them headfirst whilst obviously intoxicated. As he lay there upside down, stuck under his own (over)weight and probably hurt but too drunk to feel it very much, I just sat back, watched and enjoyed the moment even though others around me were clearly giving me the "aren't you going to help the poor guy?!" look. Should I feel guilty? Probably. Do I? Absolutely not.

I assume you helped him fall down the stairs headfirst?

I assume you helped him fall down the stairs headfirst?

Sadly no. The bus driver did it for me by applying the breaks whilst the lad was on his way to the toilet or whatever. Pretty sure he got properly thrown forward with plenty of air involved.

Funnily enough we ended up walking the same direction home once off the bus and I'm pretty sure the lad must have been half concussed, although difficult to tell seeing as he was so pissed. Definite bad limp though, enough to give me karma closure over the whole episode rather than get the police involved and dig up an old case. Someone should have really reported it to the driver but obviously nobody gave a toss on a bus packed with blazed up Dons fans.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I'm not being sarcastic, it's genuinely been absolutely tits every time. The Marine's love a good scrap. They booted shite out a boy for serving an imaginary tennis ball at them after Murray won Wimbledon. :lol:

I've seen the bomb disposal team causing bother in Durness (when they're blowing stuff up at Cape Wrath). The loud-mouthed, respect us, we're better than you vibe generally doesn't go down well with the regulars. Seems to be a self-proclaimed army 'be the best' thing.

Had a few wee scuffles playing football but thats about it, do pretty well to stay out of fights too in Arbroath, most weekends its like a royal fucking rumble thanks to the c***s from the Marine base that come out being monumentous p***ks looking to scrap with anyone they can. <_<

They took Goose Green but they'll never take the Malacca Bar. ;)

Been in a fair few, got a hiding in the dancing once because someone standing next to me started on some guy, and I got caught up in the riot.

Also got in a scrap with someone at the inch back in September last year, whilst arguing with this guy his 2 pals decided to jump me.

Was rather satisfying seeing them getting lifted after the police arrested the 3 of them. Wankers

Not really, I get into arguments with people out in town sometimes but it never escalates into physical violence. I've been told I have a face 'folk want to punch' by friends and strangers alike. Apparently I have quite a smug look about me when I'm drunk.

Came close to scrapping last week on Holiday during the Uruguay- England game. An English lad keep prodding me and telling me to support England as 'we're all British'. He didn't like me telling him to stop touching me or me calling him a 'downie'. Which I probably shouldn't have done.

I'm not being sarcastic, it's genuinely been absolutely tits every time. The Marine's love a good scrap. They booted shite out a boy for serving an imaginary tennis ball at them after Murray won Wimbledon. :lol:

:lol:

If I go out on a night out here and dont get some sort of shite from a Marine itll be a one off. Anything they can possibly do to try and make you do something that will give them a 'reason' to start booting your head in they'll do. Thankfully I never rise to it and disappear fast.

Bunch of morons, hate people like that, they seem to think they are above everyone else and untouchable.

They have a really bad reputation here and the most annoying thing is there is always people on Facebook (mainly silly wee lassies who probably just want pumped aff them :whistle ) putting up status' about how they serve the country and we should respect them, that they are 'better than half the folk in this town' and saying 'people shouldn't give them a reason to start fighting' etc etc etc and pish like that it honestly makes my blood boil so much seeing that, it doesn't matter what job you do if you are an arsehole you're an arsehole!! :lol:

Obviously there will be alot of decent ones but the vast majority I have came across are jumped up wee dicks that go around trying to cause bother!!! :thumbsdown:angry:

Rant over, no doubt ill end up battered and in the hospital this weekend after writing this. ;)

I got started on the other night when I stepped out of work because I didn't have fags on me. When the guy realised I wasn't looking for a fight he claimed he was just "bamming me up." He definitely wasn't, he just wanted me to react angrily. Utter utter cretin.

I got battered a couple of weeks ago off of my mate's boyfriend. I used to argue with him on Facebook about football years ago, but never actually spoke to him until he started going out with my pal. He's actually quite sound, I've grown up a bit since the petty arguments so thought we got on pretty well but apparently he hadn't quite gotten over it and saw fit to kick the utter shite out of me after a night out.

I got battered a couple of weeks ago off of my mate's boyfriend. I used to argue with him on Facebook about football years ago, but never actually spoke to him until he started going out with my pal. He's actually quite sound, I've grown up a bit since the petty arguments so thought we got on pretty well but apparently he hadn't quite gotten over it and saw fit to kick the utter shite out of me after a night out.

Don't get me wrong, i've met you so i don't blame the guy entirely, but did he actually batter you for the football arguments from years ago? What a creep.