Are You a Fighter?

I got battered a couple of weeks ago off of my mate's boyfriend. I used to argue with him on Facebook about football years ago, but never actually spoke to him until he started going out with my pal. He's actually quite sound, I've grown up a bit since the petty arguments so thought we got on pretty well but apparently he hadn't quite gotten over it and saw fit to kick the utter shite out of me after a night out.

:lol: i remember a celtic fan from pollok who kept private messaging me that he was going to stab me over some old firm post on bebo back in the day, this went on for weeks before he let it go, think i replied twice but eventually he stopped. i was about 14 and the guy was about 16/17 .

anyway as for that guy you should either knock his c**t in next time you are in his company or pump yer pal . simples 8)

Most fights are entirely avoidable and the risks of injury or criminal prosecution far outweigh the ridiculous reason for the confrontation.

It's almost always best to walk away and stay calm.

I'm quite a big guy and I don't get much trouble and I'm well able to defend myself if I do but I'm not really cut out for fighting.

For instance once, a mad ned steamer threw a bottle at me when I was walking up the street minding my own business. It literally landed at my end of my toe of my shoe and shattered. Another inch and it would have brained me. I turned round and gave him a few choice words out of sheer anger without thinking about it.

They didn't take to kindly to it and came over pretty aggressive towards me. They were obviously coming for me so I just threw a punch as hard as I could and knocked one of them right on his arse. The other guy wasn't so brave when faced with a one on one.

It was the first time I ever threw a punch as an adult and it actually left me quite shaken. I sparked the guy right out. At the time I felt furious, raging, frightened, aggressive and out of control, not something I want to be. Later, away from the incident I felt really bad for hurting someone to that extent even though I didn't have much option and was really frightened that he might be seriously injured and that I was even capable of what I had done to the extent that I felt quite depressed. I was also terrified that the police would come to my door and arrest me. I can't imagine the other guy felt too great either. He got knocked out on the street and totally humiliated. It was a rotten couple of days in my head until it started to blow over.

Why anyone would go looking for trouble I honestly don't know but I know people who's Saturday night isn't complete without some kind of rammie. You read all the time in the paper about people being killed with one punch, they fall hit their head and that's it. Why anyone would take those kinds of risks I have no idea.

Since then I've been involved in a few scuffles with drunk idiots (mainly at taxi ranks, in the time honoured tradition) but I've tried to moderate the level of force used to the absolute minimium required.

well I think we all know that didn't happen. Good story tho mate.

I'm afraid life may have some surprises in store for you if think my not particularly interesting story was far fetched.

I'm fortunate in that I look stoned for the most part, and my hair sort of merges an afro, a combover and a fucking mess all at once. So I dont exactly look an easy target even though I probably would be. I do get stopped on the street three of four times a year and aggressively asked if I want weed though, still waiting for that situation to go tits up

Having a naturally stoned look is more likely unfortunate, no?

Doesn't seem to be, most of the aggressive jakes seem to just assume I'm one of them and leave me be. Its not as if I'm wandering about with half shut eyes and drool dripping from my mouth, just been mentioned quite a lot that I have that look about me

Glaikit.....

You're deep into your twenties and live with your mum

Also.....

Was twenties too young?

Edited by RandomGuy.

I'm fortunate in that I look stoned for the most part, and my hair sort of merges an afro, a combover and a fucking mess all at once. So I dont exactly look an easy target even though I probably would be. I do get stopped on the street three of four times a year and aggressively asked if I want weed though, still waiting for that situation to go tits up

I really want to see that hairstyle. I can't imagine an afro combover.