Champions League 2014/15

lichtie23

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er, final places in the group is much more important than head to heard record. Obviously :huh:

It's like some diddy team saying they are better than the Champions because they beat them twice, even if they finished 20th and got relegated. It's footballing knowledge 101 and there is no excuse for getting it wrong - League Position > Head to Head.

Wouldn't matter if he did or didn't. There are plenty of English teams who have not taken the competition seriously in the past - look at Spurs / Man Utd etc.

With ignoring the points and attacking the poster. All it shows is that you have nothing worthwhile to contribute, but want to wade in anyway.

Uhm, as a barometer for how they have performed this season it is the only information we have. And as we are comparing them this season it's actually the perfect barometer for the purposes it is being used for.

It appears you're wading back out with the rest of your post. Good luck, you didn't really say much, but you at least wasted a few minutes of my time. A successful contribution, of sorts.

Pretty sure I was never in the argument about league comparisons. Perhaps you imagined something else or got a bit mixed up with your nonsensical "you nearly got away with it" patter.

Just as everyone, myself included, pointed and laughed at Mastermind's weaksauce pish a few pages back, now I'm pointing and laughing at how you've fallen apart dramatically in the subsequent exchanges. Try your best to deal with it.

Try your best to deal with it.

I'm bawling my eyes out here.

Now, if you're not contributing to the debate, please toddle off.

If anyone does want to challenge my very specific evidence as to exactly why the Bundesliga has done better than the EPL in this years group stage - please, give it your very best shot.

I'm bawling my eyes out here.

Now, if you're not contributing to the debate, please toddle off.

If anyone does want to challenge my very specific evidence as to exactly why the Bundesliga has done better than the EPL in this years group stage - please, give it your very best shot.

I don't think anyone else was arguing about the six games of this year's CL. Seems to me the argument was about the strengths of Europe's top leagues and as ever, you've sidetracked it onto some something else so you can argue with yourself.

And aye, if it gets on to a standard pointless debate about something completely subjective, I will toddle off. If any embarrassing but highly entertaining meltdowns continue/materialise, I'll stick around and enjoy it. As stated above, deal with it.

Good to see HB remembered there was a Champions League thread.

Arguing over what league is better :lol: Last time I checked the Champions League was a team competition.

Agreed.

The Champions League is the best of the Leagues - 16 of the teams made it to the CL knockout stages!

Got away with what? :huh:

And aye, I do disagree with using the group stage of competitions as a barometer for anything. It's pretty desperate stuff. Not that I'm particularly bothered about these completely unprovable arguments about which leagues are better than others. Quite clearly the top team/s in Germany and Spain are better than anything in England but the likes of Schalke and Leverkeusen are miles off the best of the rests in England; with Italian football not even in the running anymore. How any of these truths stack up using carefully selected criteria to decide arguments about the overall quality of leagues, well I really don't care.

I don't have a horse in this race, my observation was purely on how this thread is going. Do yourself a favour and quite while you're behind.

Spot on. Bayern better than anyone in England, but the remainder of the league in Germany has less quality than England.

I still think Chelsea could reach the semi/final, so I wouldn't write the EPL off just yet. In terms of depth though, they've been poor.

Even when the people declaring the EPL to be the best in the world had a point it wasn't as if there was a dramatic huge gap and now they're, by common agreement, no longer on top it's not as if they've slipped miles behind.

My name appears to have been cited a few times in regards to this 'destruction' of Supras in another thread or something. Just be frank, I honestly don't care. The word 'destruction' should never be used in the context of one poster responding to another on P&B. It's a fucking forum, on the internet.

Fucking hell.

Archived