Luis Suarez

Zidane-AP.jpg

Which of Suarez's bites should be immortalized in the same manner and where should it be?

Barcelona will get the ban overturned, or at least reduced I'd have thought.

If he goes to Barca or Real the Italians will probably be punished while the relax the ban on Suarez, there as big a bunch of cheats as any cnut in sport.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one that was disappointed that Chellini didn't turn round and knock his teeth out?

I'm sure he didn't have a cricket bat with him.

If Suarez scored a couple of goals in each of the next few rounds, ended up top scorer and was generally the start of the World Cup, LIverpool would benefit massively from his increased transfer value, especially if he moved to Spain this summer. If you're willing to accept the benefits of having an international player you have to accept the negatives too.

I also can't stand the whiter than white hypocrisy from FIFA, basically saying this would be bad if it happened in a "normal" game but this is the FIFAWORLDCUPBRAZIL Ffs, how dare he!

Let's cite Mexican fans as homophobic for shouting "puto" but give the next two World Cups to Russia and Qatar...

Let's fine and ban any nation that mixes politics with football but move Israel to Europe and keep certain countries apart from one another in qualifying draws...

Let's paint Suarez as the worst thing that's ever happens in football while Blatter runs for another term...

Let's continue as a not for profit charity and keep $2bn in our accounts, just in case...

Fair rant there likes.

It genuinely surprises me that anybody is stupid enough to engage in whataboutery over this.

Yes, it's baffling.

Liverpool fans not much better in their "why are we being punished?" whimpering.

He was suspended for ten games after biting Ivanovich so had plenty time to get counselling or treatment to see if there was any way to control his behaviour.

Instead they bleated on about how long the suspension was and not that they had a problem with their player.

This after paying £23m for a player who was suspended when he signed...for biting an opponent.

"The Liverpool managing director, Ian Ayre, said: "Both the club and player are shocked and disappointed at the severity of today's Independent Regulatory Commission decision. We await the written reasons [on Thursday] before making any further comment."

Suárez had accepted the violent conduct charge but, in a stance that undermined his shows of contrition and Liverpool's swift reaction to his latest indiscretion, claimed the offence did not warrant more than an automatic three-match ban for violent conduct."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/24/luis-suarez-10-games-ban-liverpool

Banned from all football grounds and training facilities for four months? Inhumane. What is the buck toothed, racist paedophile* going to eat?

* not in Uruguay

Call me an old cynic but I can see this decision being appealed and the sentence halved, reduced to international fixtures only (which would be worthless) or suspended!

I don't get this 'no worse than an elbow' or a leg breaking tackle shit.

They're totally different IMO. A bite is there along with with someone swearing at a camera, flashing themselves, spitting or doing something else seen as disgusting.

Obviously broken legs and cheek bones from tackles and elbows have worse consequences for the victim and should be punished, but the authorities also have to protect the image of the game which is why the other disgusting stuff, which may not directly hurt an individual also has to be punished strongly.

They're totally different IMO. A bite is there along with with someone swearing at a camera, flashing themselves, spitting or doing something else seen as disgusting.

Feel free to.point out the section of the rules where 'doing something disgusting' is sanctioned, presumably on an ad-hoc basis of outrage, and why genuine violent conduct (as opposed to a dangerous elbow at a high ball, for example) doesn't fall under this bracket.

In all likelihood the punishment will be appealed and reduced to something less disproportionate once the media fuss and the World Cup are over. Smaller international ban, maybe with a larger suspended part of the punishment.

Obviously broken legs and cheek bones from tackles and elbows have worse consequences for the victim and should be punished, but the authorities also have to protect the image of the game which is why the other disgusting stuff, which may not directly hurt an individual also has to be punished strongly.

Why won't someone think of the children!

I would rather be flashed, spat on, bitten and or swore at than elbowed square in the pus, or have someone stamp on my ankle.

I think the complete and utter outrage shown its all very tabloid.

Why won't someone think of the children!

I would rather be flashed, spat on, bitten and or swore at than elbowed square in the pus, or have someone stamp on my ankle.

I think the complete and utter outrage shown its all very tabloid.

So would I. Not the point I'm making. I'd rather a player have a w**k next to me on the pitch and wipe his batch on my shirt than the same player break my leg. Punishment shouldn't just be decided on how injured the victim is.

Archived