Luis Suarez

Feel some sympathy for Luis, and don't think it's entirely his fault. If you spend enough time on Merseyside, eventually you're going to start acting in a criminal manner.

I hope he learns his lesson and in future restricts his assaults to DJs like his loveable team-mate.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Now inside me there's no feelings of joy, revenge or anger against Suarez for an incident that happened on the pitch and that's done. There only remain the anger and the disappointment about the match. At the moment my only thought is for Luis and his family, because they will face a very difficult period. I have always considered unequivocal the disciplinary interventions by the competent bodies, but at the same time I believe that the proposed formula is excessive. I sincerely hope that he will be allowed, at least, to stay close to his team mates during the games because such a ban is really alienating for a player.”

Chiellini has had his say on the matter.

eric-cantona_1840111c.jpg

Eight month ban from the F.A. and (then FIFA Worldwide suspension for the same period I think) he was never selected for France again after that.

Always love seeing the disparity in reaction times of folk on crowd shots like this (and for goals etc.)

Couple of goons on the right still cheerily waving Cantona off the park, while others already open mouthed at the attack!

“Now inside me there's no feelings of joy, revenge or anger against Suarez for an incident that happened on the pitch and that's done. There only remain the anger and the disappointment about the match. At the moment my only thought is for Luis and his family, because they will face a very difficult period. I have always considered unequivocal the disciplinary interventions by the competent bodies, but at the same time I believe that the proposed formula is excessive. I sincerely hope that he will be allowed, at least, to stay close to his team mates during the games because such a ban is really alienating for a player.”

Chiellini has had his say on the matter.

Nice comments from Chiellini there!

Feel some sympathy for Luis, and don't think it's entirely his fault. If you spend enough time on Merseyside, eventually you're going to start acting in a criminal manner.

I hope he learns his lesson and in future restricts his assaults to DJs like his loveable team-mate.

He could even move down to Birmingham and live the dream like Lee ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-16759752

Or Barry ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scotland-footballer-barry-bannan-held-1085079

He could even develop a nice Brummy accent. ;)

Also just a comment about Liverpool fans greeting that Liverpool are somehow being punished; what a load of shite. Are they really a one man team? I seem to remember them doing alright without him at the start of last season. He won't be out for the whole season either. Are they really so reliant on one man? Obviously he is by far their best player and can win games for them, but he's only going to be missing a quarter or so of the season; no worse than if a star player got a bad injury. Crying that Liverpool are being punished is nonsense as it basically says that the employer is absolved of all responsibility of the actions of their employees, which is utter rubbish. If you extend this logic, you are basically saying that the player can get anyway with almost anything without punishment. It's such a wanky, stupid argument.

Oh and the Uruguanian management and players defending him are also talking pish.

A lot of it's just disappointment. Look back at last season imagine watching that type of player in your team every week. Lots around him did well too but he was outstanding from the end of September onwards.

Response from FIFPro

SUAREZ: FAIR SOLUTION IS STILL POSSIBLE

Having reviewed the full report of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee, FIFPro is aware of the positions taken by the respective parties in the case relating to Luis Suarez.

FIFPro stands by the principle of fair play and the importance of upholding the duty of care each player owes his fellow professional. FIFPro reminds all players it represents across the world of the responsibility they carry as role models, a privilege which is magnified at World Cup level.

With his case subject to appeal, Luis Suarez has the right to due process. FIFPro believes all affected parties may benefit with time to remove the emotion, reflect and re-establish the facts in a calm and considered setting.

This is a very serious matter, as reflected by the sanctions imposed by FIFA's Disciplinary Committee. The sanction will be reviewed and FIFA will have to focus especially on the accumulation of sanctions including a four-month ban from all football activity.

The fact that Suarez is prohibited from working for a long period must be addressed as it directly infringes his right to work. Also the fact that Liverpool FC is affected needs to be an important issue.

Luis Suarez should receive all the support he needs to deal with any off-field issues he may be experiencing at this time. This means that the focus should be on the rehabilitation and serious treatment of the player. FIFPro believes that treatment must be a part of any sanction.

Luis Suarez deserves all the support he needs including legal support in the appeal case in order to achieve a reduction of the sanctions.

All affected parties will benefit from a well-advised decision especially when done in the interests of ensuring that he makes a successful return to the game.

MEDIA CONTACT

Andrew Orsatti

Email: a.orsatti@fifpro.org

Mobile: +31 613 645 946

Published: 27 June 2014
Press release

http://www.fifpro.org/suarez-fair-solution-is-still-possible.html

response to FIFPro from Matt Le Tissier

Matt Le Tissier ‏@mattletiss7 3m
As a former professional player im embarrassed by @FIFPro s defence of @luis16suarez . u do the crime u do the time. End of

Response from FIFPro

SUAREZ: FAIR SOLUTION IS STILL POSSIBLE

Having reviewed the full report of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee, FIFPro is aware of the positions taken by the respective parties in the case relating to Luis Suarez.

FIFPro stands by the principle of fair play and the importance of upholding the duty of care each player owes his fellow professional. FIFPro reminds all players it represents across the world of the responsibility they carry as role models, a privilege which is magnified at World Cup level.

With his case subject to appeal, Luis Suarez has the right to due process. FIFPro believes all affected parties may benefit with time to remove the emotion, reflect and re-establish the facts in a calm and considered setting.

This is a very serious matter, as reflected by the sanctions imposed by FIFA's Disciplinary Committee. The sanction will be reviewed and FIFA will have to focus especially on the accumulation of sanctions including a four-month ban from all football activity.

The fact that Suarez is prohibited from working for a long period must be addressed as it directly infringes his right to work. Also the fact that Liverpool FC is affected needs to be an important issue.

Luis Suarez should receive all the support he needs to deal with any off-field issues he may be experiencing at this time. This means that the focus should be on the rehabilitation and serious treatment of the player. FIFPro believes that treatment must be a part of any sanction.

Luis Suarez deserves all the support he needs including legal support in the appeal case in order to achieve a reduction of the sanctions.

All affected parties will benefit from a well-advised decision especially when done in the interests of ensuring that he makes a successful return to the game.

MEDIA CONTACT

Andrew Orsatti

Email: a.orsatti@fifpro.org

Mobile: +31 613 645 946

Published: 27 June 2014

Press release

http://www.fifpro.org/suarez-fair-solution-is-still-possible.html

response to FIFPro from Matt Le Tissier

Matt Le Tissier ‏@mattletiss7 3m

As a former professional player im embarrassed by @FIFPro s defence of @luis16suarez . u do the crime u do the time. End of

Proof as if it were needed that Matt le Tissier is a moron. Typified by the Primary 2 use of 'End of' as a zinger.

I've come to the conclusion he doesn't need help because he really doesn't have "problems".

He's just a downright dirty b*****d. His biting, diving and alleged racial comments. The man's a p***k.

Liverpool should punt him to spain, they get £70 million and might retain a bit respect.

Slightly lost on the Barcelona story. Aren't they banned from signing players? A team banned from signing players are signing a banned player. :huh:

No they aren't. It was lifted while they appeal.

Slightly lost on the Barcelona story. Aren't they banned from signing players? A team banned from signing players are signing a banned player. :huh:

That's how they get round it. Two wrongs make a right.

Archived