Luis Suarez

I didn't see much to disagree with. If a players good enough to make a difference to how well the team performs then the fans will almost certainly ignore any indiscretions. Fans are hypocrites of the highest order with the way they forgive and forget players misdemeanors.

What about the other players though? Liverpool have bent over backwards trying to keep this eejit and look what he does. If he stays after this, what are they going to think?

Nah, one man is no bigger than any club. Get him to f**k*

*As long as they pay £80M.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still, I wonder whether the astounding levels of boiling seethe in the UK press over the last few days have anything to do with, say, Suarez having the temerity to score twice against England, and then issuing a great big GIRUY to the UK press?

I don't think that comes into at all Suarez is big news over here after whats happened in the past couple of years. The GIRUY was quite amusing as well what was he on about there? he clearly thinks racially abusing one person and biting another is perfectly acceptable behaviour and the media by reporting it negatively have an agenda against him. He's a fruit loop.

What about the other players though? Liverpool have bent over backwards trying to keep this eejit and look what he does. If he stays after this, what are they going to think?

No David Moyes gif?

Jesus they just don't get that he is their employee and sometimes employers lose out when their employees act like c***s.

There's a joke in there somewhere about scousers being well informed on employment laws.

I imagine ;)

The press reaction might, as you say, be related, but would again be evidence of Suarez heaping trouble on himself.

Rather than just be pleased about the result against England, the classless, spiteful, self-pitying wee shite had to bleat about having been badly treated by the press.

In my experience, Suarez has been absolutely lauded by the English press since joining Liverpool, for his on-field contributions. The only times he's been criticised has been when his behaviour has strayed into wildly indefensible territory.

His conduct, his lack of remorse, the defence he's received from Dalglish's Liverpool and now apparently everyone in Uruguay, all point to an indulged, desperately infantile character who is not really capable of reform.

Absolutely no doubt that Suarez is one of the worst human beings in the game, for sure.

If it was a squad player that had his record then his feet wouldn't have touched the ground on the way out but the fact that he's a world class player means he's got a lot more leeway. If Suarez stays at Liverpool not one f**k will be given by the fans, players or management as long as he keeps scoring goals and it will stay that way until he stops scoring.

If it was a squad player that had his record then his feet wouldn't have touched the ground on the way out but the fact that he's a world class player means he's got a lot more leeway. If Suarez stays at Liverpool not one f**k will be given by the fans, players or management as long as he keeps scoring goals and it will stay that way until he stops scoring.

So pretty much what Gordon Strachan said then

I like this post from the RAWK forum. Written before the suspension.

From Yorkykopite.

"Re: Group D - 1st Costa Rica, 2nd Uruguay, 3rd Italy, 4th England

« Reply #1862 on: Yesterday at 10:23:17 AM »

One day there'll be a statue outside Anfield of Suarez biting an opponent. A bit like that one outside the French national stadium of Zidane head-butting the other Italian.

It's hard to know what to think about Tooth-gate. Those people in outright denial that it even happened (a few Reds, all of Uruguay) are clearly a bit mad themselves. Those talking about it as if it's up there with the Armenian genocide as an international atrocity are even madder. I think I read somewhere that Danny Mills believes Luis should be banned from football for ever. The hypocrisy on all sides is breathtaking. Including mine. If it was Rooney who'd done the biting I'd probably be speaking like Danny Mills. So would you. We're all opportunists at heart.

In truth my first reaction was to laugh. Then I thought about it for a bit and laughed again. Then I felt relieved that he wasn't a wearing a Liverpool shirt when it happened. My main concern now is that our club isn't punished for his crime. I couldn't care a damn if Luis misses the rest of the World Cup but what happened in international football should stay in international football.

The bloke's clearly fucking mad of course - at least when he gets on a footy pitch. We all knew that anyway. It's what makes him dangerous, in both senses of the word. I think he probably does need help, although as a Liverpool fan you'd have to fear a little bit that therapy might also tamper with his genius. A gum-shield might be a better idea. It'd be a little bit humiliating at first (like Pennant's ankle tag) but Luis would probably turn it into a status symbol of some kind after a few outings (think of the potential for new goal celebrations). And a gum-shield would allow defenders to concentrate on the game rather than play in fear of the roving incisor.

Then again, should defenders be totally free of this fear? Here's the hypocrisy again. I sort of think some defenders should be bitten. I especially think Chiellini should be bitten. Anyone who saw the rest of the Uruguay-Italy game will know what I mean (or anyone who knows anything about Italian football, period). The constant kicking at opponents, the feigning of injury when it was in the Italian interest to waste time, the repetitive clutching at his head in order to get an opponent sent off, and even the little dig he gave Luis less than 30 seconds before he got his comeuppance.

Pirlo too was a candidate for a revenge bite. At one point this fraud turned round and gave Suarez a fearful blow with his elbow. The Ref didn't spot it. Commentators did - on the channel I was watching at least - and called it an 'accident'. Pirlo is seen as some kind of Olympian on the field you see. Hypocrisy again. In a way, when you think about it, it's no accident that Italians were on the receiving end of both Zidane and Suarez's 'interventions'. As a football nation they've probably elevated gamesmanship and cheating to the highest level over the years. Except Borini of course. Oh, and Aquilani when he was at Liverpool.

Someone made the good point earlier that Luis knows he's done wrong. I bet the regret began to sink in at the same time as the teeth. In fact he was so confused and upset by what he'd done that he started clutching his teeth as soon as he did it. It was almost as if he were saying to FIFA, "Please help me. Take these teeth out. They're not mine!" Then of course he cut a disconsolate figure as he left the pitch. He knew what he'd done and he was frightened and ashamed.

I think he's probably got it out of his system now. I always thought he had three bites in him, not just the two. So did a Norwegian fella, according to the Beeb, who just took the bookies to the cleaners with a crafty punt on a Suarez World Cup bite. Well done that man! But though the last Suarez bite was a big one but this is bigger. The globe watched it. It won't go away. The saddest thing for Luis, I think, is that despite the fact that he's done some incredible things on the footy field and will go on to do much more, he'll always be known now as the footballer who bites. Who cares, right? So long as he wins us the League? Well, I'm sure he will. But that's his look out."

It's worth pointing out that he's 'only' done it 3 times out of the hundreds of games he's played.

It's happened in less than 1% of games he's played. It's not even close to a regular thing.

It is how utterly bizarre and quite funny due to how ludicrous it is. I'm not defending him and biting someone is clearly mental and deserves a ban, but the hysterial reaction to it is way over the top. It's no worse than a player elbowing or punching another player. It's definitely more bizarre but certainly not worse. I hope lengthy bans are given to players who elbow, punch, kick others etc more than once.

Totally agree. From what reaction I've heard and read from other countries the vast majority of non UK fans and media agree with you too.

I'm not defending it at all but I think the reaction and punishment are way over the top.

I can't look at this as being any worse than Fellaini swinging his elbow into the side of another player's head, something which happens 4 or 5 times a season.

I've got no problem with Suarez getting this size of ban and it's time for him to leave Liverpool but the inconsistency throughout football is frustrating.

No-one in football has any morals. Managers will always defend their players no matter what they do, and fans will always cheer drunk drivers and wife beaters as long as they're talented.

He's correct as a generalisation, the majority don't mind having a cheating scumbag in their team if he's talented, probably the same cnuts that don't let on they've nudged the cue ball at pool.

Archived