Nazi slurs from Better Together

jester

Sorry, what?

This coming from the poster who (wrongly and laughably) tried to synonimise Unionism with Fascism? And several times now we have seen a WoS blog entry gleefully copied and pasted by Nationlists, in an attempt to pretend the No campaign is a haven of racists, bigots, Fasicsts, homophobes etc.

Completely ignoring of course the Yes supporters who exhibit these traits, as you did also.

They are worse for it. The press claim the opposite. That is the problem.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when he called me champ and said Mason was representing the SNP on that vote

Mason and the other bigots are SNP MSPs.

They vote as SNP MSPs. Unfortunately the SNP have collected a good number of bigot candidates.

A good example of this is Sharia Law. I am completely opposed to Sharia Law and it's adoption within the UK legal system and would resist all attempts to do so.

I would be joined on any such campaign by the BNP who will also be against Sharia Law. But for completely different reasons.

Issues make strange and at times uncomfortable bedfellows.

Just as I'm sure the Yes voters here are embarrassed to have to share a cause with Siol nan Gaigheal, Bill Walker and John Mason, I have no time for the Orange Order or any right wing scumbags.

So when he called me champ and said Mason was representing the SNP on that vote he was saying that he actually agreed with me and when you said people should say what they mean you were lying?

Of course he was representing the SNP. He is an SNP MSP. There is a difference between "representing" something and "being representative of" something.

It is that difference that was being explained to you. Mason represents the SNP but is not representative of the SNP. The Orange Order represents the No side as a registered participant in the referendum but they are not representative of the No campaign.

A good example of this is Sharia Law. I am completely opposed to Sharia Law and it's adoption within the UK legal system and would resist all attempts to do so.

I would be joined on any such campaign by the BNP who will also be against Sharia Law. But for completely different reasons.

Issues make strange and at times uncomfortable bedfellows.

Just as I'm sure the Yes voters here are embarrassed to have to share a cause with Siol nan Gaigheal, Bill Walker and John Mason, I have no time for the Orange Order or any right wing scumbags.

What would be the different reasons be?

Of course he was representing the SNP. He is an SNP MSP. There is a difference between "representing" something and "being representative of" something.

It is that difference that was being explained to you. Mason represents the SNP but is not representative of the SNP. The Orange Order represents the No side as a registered participant in the referendum but they are not representative of the No campaign.

Thats not what HB said but he will now, thanks.

So you are saying Wiles was representing labour and the no campaign. I wish you would make your mind up.

Wiles, as a person, was representing Labour, as a candidate in the up-coming election. This is not the same as Wiles being representative of Labour or speaking for them. Ditto Better Together or, in general, "the No campaign".

Wiles is therefore not evidence of, as some have claimed on here, a concerted policy by "Better Together" or "the No campaign" attempting to equate a Yes vote with fascism.

What would be the different reasons be?

They are racists. So for them Sharia Law would be the Muslims taking over Britain.. worst fing to be is a white male 'ere.

I don't think they'd be too concerned by the misogyinstic facets of Sharia Law or really any of the intricacies other than "It's da Mooslims".

So you are saying Wiles was representing labour

She was a prospective Labour candidate and member. She was not representing the views of the Labour Party or the No campaign and her being despicable bigot was no reflection on either the Labour Party or the No campaign.

As I said last week, the only grief Labour should get for this is in their inadequate screening, which allows such bigots to slip through the net.

Something the SNP also have a problem with, and indeed all political parties. It's a difficult thing to do to weed out bigots. I suppose for the SNP this is particularly difficult when your main party financier is one.

He isn't and the "wider No campaign" isn't. Specific, insignificant, individuals who happen to be in the No campaign are

Yes, specific insignificant individuals, and also Alistair Darling, who is the head of the No campaign.

She was a prospective Labour candidate and member. She was not representing the views of the Labour Party or the No campaign and her being despicable bigot was no reflection on either the Labour Party or the No campaign.

As I said last week, the only grief Labour should get for this is in their inadequate screening, which allows such bigots to slip through the net.

Something the SNP also have a problem with, and indeed all political parties. It's a difficult thing to do to weed out bigots. I suppose for the SNP this is particularly difficult when your main party financier is one.

Oh please do f**k off. If right-wingers worry you, Tories are shocking.

Just to begin with, they all voted against it. That is mild for them.

Yes, specific insignificant individuals, and also Alistair Darling, who is the head of the No campaign.

Alistair Darling has not attempted to equate the pro-independence movement as fascist or Nazi, nor has he attempted to tarnish the entire case for independence by suggesting that bigots within the Yes umbrella are in any way representative of that movement as a whole.

Oh please do f**k off. If right-wingers worry you, Tories are shocking.

Just to begin with, they all voted against it. That is mild for them.

Lies. Ruth Davidson voted for Equal Marriage. As did John Scott, Mary Scanlon, John Lamont, Annabelle Goldie and Cameron Buchanan.

Aye. Takes all sorts eh?

This thread has descended into the online equivalent of two teenage girls arguing over which member of one direction has the nicest hair.

Mission accomplished HB.

I agree about this thread becoming a "clusterf**k", but a bit of a cheek blaming HB alone, he has ably assisted by many, from both sides of the argument

Alistair Darling has not attempted to equate the pro-independence movement as fascist or Nazi

Aye he has.

Interviewer: "Blood and soil nationalism?"

Alistair Darling: “At heart, at heart. . ."

You mentioned Kristallnacht earlier, so presumably you know what "blood and soil" means. Blut und Boden. I'm sure Alistair Darling knows what it means too. He was clearly accusing the SNP and the Yes campaign of ethnic nationalism.

That was just after he'd compared Salmond to Kim Jong-Il.

Kathy Wiles followed his lead, and got dumped, while the man with the animatronic eyebrows saunters on.

But you know all this already.

Aye he has.

Interviewer: "Blood and soil nationalism?"

Alistair Darling: At heart, at heart. . ."

You mentioned Kristallnacht earlier, so presumably you know what "blood and soil" means. Blut und Boden. I'm sure Alistair Darling knows what it means too. He was clearly accusing the SNP and the Yes campaign of ethnic nationalism.

That was just after he'd compared Salmond to Kim Jong-Il.

Kathy Wiles followed his lead, and got dumped, while the man with the animatronic eyebrows saunters on.

But you know all this already.

Ethnic nationalism =/= Fascism or Nazism

The phrase "blood and soil" was not said by Alistair Darling. He responded to a question as to whether the case for independence amounted to blood and soil nationalism. He avoided answering the question, saying "at heart if you ask any nationalist, 'Are there any circumstances in which you would not vote to be independent?' they would say the answer has got to be no. It is about how people define themselves through their national identity."

Now his claim is wrong (I can think of plenty SNP supporting Scottish nationalists who probably would say there are sets of circumstanecs in which they would not vote for Scotland to become an independent state) and it fails to answer the question asked by the New Statesman journalist, but he categorically does not say either that the nationalism of the SNP is "blood and soil nationalism", nor does he say that they are fascists or Nazis.

Equally, saying that Alex Salmond is behaving like Kim Jung Il is silly and inaccurate, but not claiming that either he or the SNP or the independence movement are fascists or Nazis.

Fail again, champ. Neither at Westminster nor at Holyrood did "all" Tories "vote against" Equal Marriage.

Ethnic nationalism =/= Fascism or Nazism

The phrase "blood and soil" was not said by Alistair Darling. He responded to a question as to whether the case for independence amounted to blood and soil nationalism. He avoided answering the question, saying "at heart if you ask any nationalist, 'Are there any circumstances in which you would not vote to be independent?' they would say the answer has got to be no. It is about how people define themselves through their national identity."

Now his claim is wrong (I can think of plenty SNP supporting Scottish nationalists who probably would say there are sets of circumstanecs in which they would not vote for Scotland to become an independent state) and it fails to answer the question asked by the New Statesman journalist, but he categorically does not say either that the nationalism of the SNP is "blood and soil nationalism", nor does he say that they are fascists or Nazis.

Equally, saying that Alex Salmond is behaving like Kim Jung Il is silly and inaccurate, but not claiming that either he or the SNP or the independence movement are fascists or Nazis.

Fail again, champ. Neither at Westminster nor at Holyrood did "all" Tories "vote against" Equal Marriage.

You're lying again Ad Fib. He was asked if the SNP were blood and soil nationalists. His answer was... "At heart, yes ".

Archived