Nazi slurs from Better Together

jester

Ethnic nationalism =/= Fascism or Nazism

The phrase "blood and soil" was not said by Alistair Darling. He responded to a question as to whether the case for independence amounted to blood and soil nationalism. He avoided answering the question, saying "at heart if you ask any nationalist, 'Are there any circumstances in which you would not vote to be independent?' they would say the answer has got to be no. It is about how people define themselves through their national identity."

Now his claim is wrong (I can think of plenty SNP supporting Scottish nationalists who probably would say there are sets of circumstanecs in which they would not vote for Scotland to become an independent state) and it fails to answer the question asked by the New Statesman journalist, but he categorically does not say either that the nationalism of the SNP is "blood and soil nationalism", nor does he say that they are fascists or Nazis.

Equally, saying that Alex Salmond is behaving like Kim Jung Il is silly and inaccurate, but not claiming that either he or the SNP or the independence movement are fascists or Nazis.

Fail again, champ. Neither at Westminster nor at Holyrood did "all" Tories "vote against" Equal Marriage.

Why defend Darling? We could expose bigots here, with links and pictures.

Instead we get this. Rehashed PR from BT, defending Tories.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're lying again Ad Fib. He was asked if the SNP were blood and soil nationalists. His answer was... "At heart, yes ".

He did not say "at heart, yes". He said "If, ee, uh, at heart, the reason, uh, the whu whu, if you ask any nationalist..."

Why defend Darling? We could expose bigots here, with links and pictures.

Instead we get this. Rehashed PR from BT, defending Tories.

I'm not defending Darling. I'm giving the facts about what he said.

This is neither PR, nor from Better Together, nor defending Tories. It is statement of facts.

He did not say "at heart, yes". He said "If, ee, uh, at heart, the reason, uh, if you ask any nationalist..."

Ohhh sorry. He said at heart then mumbled. So they are at heart what ?

Ohhh sorry. He said at heart then mumbled. So they are at heart what ?

He goes on to explain what they are at heart.

"If you ask any nationalist, is there any circumstance in which which you would not vote for sep for uh independence, separation, the answer has got to be no. Because it, it is about, you know, people who define themselves by national identity, you know. That is what, what it is at heart."

So he was saying that, at heart, independence is (for the SNP) about "people who define themselves by national identity".

H_B - I'm still waiting on your response to this from 3 pages back. I look forward to your response. Unless.. unless you've shat it of course?

Since you're a bit thick these days, you're not in bold, I am:

I have made many many posts criticising the Orange Order.

Show me more than two.

And have been a long standing critic of Galloway.

Again, show me more than two.

Difference is, I dint pretend it's the preserve if one side.

Yes you do. You whinge, mewl and adopt your whataboutery stance.

Racist groups like Settler Watch, and hideous ethnic Nats like Seed of the Gael for example.

Whataboutery in full effect.

Its why cutting and pasting from agenda blogs like WoS is a bad idea.

No, it's a good idea. Point out one factually inaccurate piece from the one I posted.

Alarmingly the foolish Ayrshire types assume it's the full story.

Bit racist of you. :PNot surprising from a No voter."

He goes on to explain what they are at heart.

"If you ask any nationalist, is there any circumstance in which which you would not vote for sep for uh independence, separation, the answer has got to be no. Because it, it is about, you know, people who define themselves by national identity, you know. That is what, what it is at heart."

So he was saying that, at heart, independence is (for the SNP) about "people who define themselves by national identity".

So he goes on to explain why they are blood and soil nationalists at heart ?

Don't suppose you could post up the audio of this conversation please ?

So he goes on to explain why they are blood and soil nationalists at heart ?

Don't suppose you could post up the audio of this conversation please ?

No. He at no point says that they are blood and soil nationalists at heart.

Nope, sorry Ad Fib but I've just listened to it. He's very quick to disagree with the interviewer that its civic nationalism and his reply to the blood and soil party was... Ye at heart.

So if it's not civic nationalism, what is it ?

No. He at no point says that they are blood and soil nationalists at heart.

If I didn't say you were a twat but agreed with someone who thought you were a twat, do you think I would think you were a twat?

H_B - I'm still waiting on your response to this from 3 pages back. I look forward to your response. Unless.. unless you've shat it of course?

Since you're a bit thick these days, you're not in bold, I am:

2 posts of him criticising the Orange Order?

I despise the Orange Order. I completely condemn any violence or threats of violence .

The Orange Order are sectarian. If someone is a known member of the Orange Order it's perfectly acceptable to call them an ***********, as they will be a bigot scumbag.

2 posts of him criticising Galloway?

No, I'm not satisfied at all.

George Galloway is an utter disgrace of an individual.

Galloway - "Let me tell you, I think that Julian Assange's personal sexual behaviour is sordid, disgusting, and I condemn it," he said. "But even taken at its worst, if the allegations made by these two women were true, 100 per cent true, and even if a camera in the room captured them, they don't constitute rape. "At least not rape as anyone with any sense can possibly recognise it. And somebody has to say this."

The Bradford West MP suggested one of the women had claimed she invited Mr Assange back to her flat, had consensual sex with him and then "woke up to him having sex with her again - something which can happen, you know".

On the issue of whether this would constitute rape or not, Mr Galloway suggested that "not everybody needs to be asked prior to each insertion". "Some people believe that when you go to bed with somebody, take off your clothes, and have sex with them and then fall asleep, you're already in the sex game with them.

"It might be really bad manners not to have tapped her on the shoulder and said, 'do you mind if I do it again?'

"It might be really sordid and bad sexual etiquette, but whatever else it is, it is not rape or you bankrupt the term rape of all meaning."

September 12 (long after his "clarification")

"I cannot and will not apologise for what I said. Every word in my podcast, I stand by. I do not talk loosely about matters such as these."

So you can take your Galloway fetish and disappear. He is a vile individual.

Also :-

Galloway did apologise for using the word "window-licker" about a critic on Twitter, claiming that he was unaware that it had become a term of abuse of the disabled since he left Scotland, where it had previously been a synonym for "moron".

:rolleyes:

Really poor stuff from Galloway incidentally. Even by his risible "standards".

"Count the number of Catholic firemen, for example."

Err, what?

Nope, sorry Ad Fib but I've just listened to it. He's very quick to disagree with the interviewer that its civic nationalism and his reply to the blood and soil party was... Ye at heart.

So if it's not civic nationalism, what is it ?

I know. He says, "ye at heart .

Sorry, but you're just lying. Here is what he says verbatim in the recording:

"If, ee, uh, at heart, the reason, uh, the whu whu, if you ask any nationalist, is there any circumstance in which which you would not vote for sep for uh independence, separation, the answer has got to be no. Because it, it is about, you know, people who define themselves by national identity, you know. That is what, what it is at heart."

At no point is the word "yes" or "ye" uttered.

2 posts of him criticising the Orange Order?

2 posts of him criticising Galloway?

You are one pathetic, sad little man.

ETA: And I said "more than two", you sycophantic little toad.

Do not be too harsh. H_B condemns bigotry. That's the problem solved.

Good, if H_B condemns bigotry, he'll be voting Yes to distance himself from Galloway, The OO, The SDL, Britannica and all those other nasty Britnat bigot types.

Archived