• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stirling will be in the Lowland League having a derby with the uni in the 16-17 season. Probably the worst side to have ever slithered up via the play-off back door.

Stirling will be in the Lowland League having a derby with the uni in the 16-17 season. Probably the worst side to have ever slithered up via the play-off back door.

In what way is a third-place finish and PO victory "slithering"?

In what way is a third-place finish and PO victory "slithering"?

They were rank all season - so much so that their own fans were constantly on the managers back.

They only scraped into the play-offs on the final day by beating a clyde team resting several top players due to already being qualified.

They played annan in the semi whose form had collapsed since qualifying weeks earlier.

They then played a shattered east fife who had come through a titanic struggle, extra time and pens marathon in the other semi.

Overall I can scarely remember a more undeserved and fortuitous promotion. Wasn't surprised to see them get spanked this season.

Happy to help clarify that for you :)

Your team has won the league and yet still you focus on us, you're so tragic VT

Its like a throw back to the early days of the pyramid in England. Many might forget but we had quite a few instances of the top side not being allowed promotion due to ground grading issues in the early years.

That has not happened for a long time now and we now have two up two down with a play off for the second spot contested by the teams 2nd to 5th in the Conference.

The conference this season just gone had 13 ex league clubs (including Gateshead and Southport who lost their places under the old voting system), there are another 5 ex league clubs in the Conference North (none in the conference South, which shows how the power in English non league football has shifted South like pretty much everything else over the years).

So that's 18 clubs that were once league clubs but are now not and this does not even include the likes of Darlington who went pop and are working their way back from even further down. Be interested to take a look at the make up of the highland and lowland leagues in 10-15 years and see whether its a similar story in Scotland.

I am a big fan of the pyramid as it does give some degree of meritocracy, its not perfect but its way better than the old closed shop where teams were only voted out if they were unlucky enough to be based in the far North (see Gateshead, Workington, Barrow etc for details).

Your team has won the league and yet still you focus on us, you're so tragic VT

10209692.jpg

One post bd0d5f08997b7a4ad8598963f7e50231.png"focus"

Not to worry though; I'll be around to commentate on your back-to-back relegations next season, just so you can cry some more about it.

I can't wait for Allan Moore's Stirling team to canter to another promotion, before duly getting it right up Morton in League One in 2016/17.

I suspect you can and will wait, for decades, before either club is even within a division of each other again.

I suspect you can and will wait, for decades, before either club is even within a division of each other again.

It wasnt that long ago that your team was crying out for more money from the SPL in order to fund full time football at your club.

Your team gets relegated, we here barely anything.

Your team wins a seaside league as you like to call them, you cant help but revert to your big headed self.

Probably the biggest twat on here.

Its like a throw back to the early days of the pyramid in England. Many might forget but we had quite a few instances of the top side not being allowed promotion due to ground grading issues in the early years.

That has not happened for a long time now and we now have two up two down with a play off for the second spot contested by the teams 2nd to 5th in the Conference.

The conference this season just gone had 13 ex league clubs (including Gateshead and Southport who lost their places under the old voting system), there are another 5 ex league clubs in the Conference North (none in the conference South, which shows how the power in English non league football has shifted South like pretty much everything else over the years).

So that's 18 clubs that were once league clubs but are now not and this does not even include the likes of Darlington who went pop and are working their way back from even further down. Be interested to take a look at the make up of the highland and lowland leagues in 10-15 years and see whether its a similar story in Scotland.

I am a big fan of the pyramid as it does give some degree of meritocracy, its not perfect but its way better than the old closed shop where teams were only voted out if they were unlucky enough to be based in the far North (see Gateshead, Workington, Barrow etc for details).

Falkirk were denied ths opportunity to be promoted in 1999/2000, and outright promotion as champions in 2003.

It wasnt that long ago that your team was crying out for more money from the SPL in order to fund full time football at your club.

Your team gets relegated, we here barely anything.

Your team wins a seaside league as you like to call them, you cant help but revert to your big headed self.

Probably the biggest twat on here.

I think you'll find the term was financially lucrative reconstruction, which was easily passed despite the protests of a few glorified social clubs, and will now keep our club stay streets ahead of outfits like yours for good. Getting out of the seaside leagues was the first and only step to do so.

Oh and thanks for taking over our record for the biggest bottle-job of a Scottish football league btw. You must be so proud.

Its no like you won the league at a canter, i'd be suprised if morton stay up next year

Even if we did, you'd still be sliding into the Lowland League, never to return.

Archived